Existing Pure Reservation- Upgrade to Touring at Legacy Price with $7,500 Credit?

Michael C

Cars
22 Model Y P & 21 Model 3
I have a Pure reservation at legacy price. Some people said that they were able to upgrade to Touring at legacy price (because they had Pure reservation at legacy price) plus the current $7,500 credit, but some people said they were told no by their SAs.

For those who were able to upgrade (to Touring at legacy price) and also get the current $7,500 credit, do you have an order agreement reflecting $7,500 credit?

Thanks!

(I emailed my SA, since it is Saturday, and am waiting for her reply.)

let me know what you find out. I called and was told I could get legacy pricing, but the discount was only on units in inventory.

Link to the credit-

Fine print-
Offer not applicable to vehicles with Stealth look, PurLuxe interior, or Metal roof. Cannot be combined with leasing incentives. Must place order by no later than March 31, 2023 and take delivery by no later than April 30, 2023.

So even if it is possible to upgrade at Legacy pricing and get the $7,500 credit, you would need to opt for “glass canopy”, $4,500 option, at minimum.

I am expecting my AT in about 4 weeks. I checked with my SA. He sent me the fine print as you are stating above. I confirmed my order in Aug of 2022 to quality for the fed tax credit. I have glass canopy option plus DD pro option for my AT. He is yet to confirm if I qualify for this additional credit.

I upgraded from the pure to the touring via legacy price and my newly revised order agreement reflects both the legacy pricing and the 7500 discount.
From the doc:

Touring + glass roof + DD + SS = $99000
- 7500 Air credit
+ 1650 destination fee
+ 75 documentation fee
- 300 deposit from pure reservation
= 92,925

I upgraded from the pure to the touring via legacy price and my newly revised order agreement reflects both the legacy pricing and the 7500 discount.
From the doc:

Touring + glass roof + DD + SS = $99000
- 7500 Air credit
+ 1650 destination fee
+ 75 documentation fee
- 300 deposit from pure reservation
= 92,925
doesn't touring legacy start at 95k? or am i misremembering

Pardon my ignorance if the question seems elementary, but what does the Stealth option have to do with the$7500 tax credit?

Pardon my ignorance if the question seems elementary, but what does the Stealth option have to do with the$7500 tax credit?
It is not a tax credit. Lucid is giving a credit, essentially a discount, of $7500 on certain models. Stealth is not one of them.

Thank you for your reply, Steve. Do you know of the reason why the stealth option was excluded from the discount?

Thank you for your reply, Steve. Do you know of the reason why the stealth option was excluded from the discount?
It could have to do with existing inventory or demand. Not sure, they are pretty tight lipped about stuff like that.

Here's my final price sheet after everything including my original 300 deposit and 7500 credit. I take delivery in a few days!! Note, I wanted the glass roof which cost $4k at legacy pricing, included in the price sheet. I'm sure you got your answer by now but just in case hope this helps!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230219_224529_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219_224529_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 396
Here's my options!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230220_005339_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20230220_005339_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 300
I signed the contract before August 16, 2022 before IRA went into effect and was told that I would be eligible for the EV credit. My AT is at the service center currently. I was talking to the DA and told that i wont be eligible for the EV tax credit. but i will get the $7500 credit that Lucid is offering if I finish my transaction before April 1, 2023 (which I will). I was hoping that I can be lucky to get both federal tax credit plus lucid credit. when i look up on line, i wont be eligible for the federal tax credit since i did not take the delivery before the end of last year. I am glad that I am getting immediate discount rather wait until i file my taxes in April of 2024 but this was a bummer. IRS website says as below: https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/credits-for-new-electric-vehicles-purchased-in-2022-or-before

Purchase date vs. delivery date
If you entered a written binding contract to buy a vehicle before August 16, 2022, but took possession on or after August 16, 2022, and before January 1, 2023, you may claim the credit based on the prior rules and disregard the assembly requirement.
If you purchased a vehicle between August 16, 2022 and December 31, 2022 but don't take delivery of the vehicle until 2023, see Credit for New Clean Vehicles Purchased in 2023 and After.

I signed the contract before August 16, 2022 before IRA went into effect and was told that I would be eligible for the EV credit. My AT is at the service center currently. I was talking to the DA and told that i wont be eligible for the EV tax credit. but i will get the $7500 credit that Lucid is offering if I finish my transaction before April 1, 2023 (which I will). I was hoping that I can be lucky to get both federal tax credit plus lucid credit. when i look up on line, i wont be eligible for the federal tax credit since i did not take the delivery before the end of last year. I am glad that I am getting immediate discount rather wait until i file my taxes in April of 2024 but this was a bummer. IRS website says as below: https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/credits-for-new-electric-vehicles-purchased-in-2022-or-before

Purchase date vs. delivery date
If you entered a written binding contract to buy a vehicle before August 16, 2022, but took possession on or after August 16, 2022, and before January 1, 2023, you may claim the credit based on the prior rules and disregard the assembly requirement.
If you purchased a vehicle between August 16, 2022 and December 31, 2022 but don't take delivery of the vehicle until 2023, see Credit for New Clean Vehicles Purchased in 2023 and After.
oh wow... okay that sucks. I just got the offer to upgrade as well and this loss of credit makes it that much more appealing. Its a negligible difference theyre offering to go for a touring hmm.

I also got an email to upgrade:

Hello xxxxxxxxxxx,

I am reaching out to see if you are interested in upgrading your Lucid Air Pure reservation to the Air Touring and taking delivery before end of April 2023. We are offering inventory Lucid Air Touring trims (Glass canopy, DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro 90-day trial included) for the price of $105,400. Lucid Air Touring is valued at $111,400. Let me know if you are interested in upgrading.

Have a great day!

Thank you,

I also got an email to upgrade:

Hello xxxxxxxxxxx,

I am reaching out to see if you are interested in upgrading your Lucid Air Pure reservation to the Air Touring and taking delivery before end of April 2023. We are offering inventory Lucid Air Touring trims (Glass canopy, DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro 90-day trial included) for the price of $105,400. Lucid Air Touring is valued at $111,400. Let me know if you are interested in upgrading.

Have a great day!

Thank you,
I got the same offer during my call with the inside delivery advisor. Having read some previous posts on this, it was no surprise.

Back