Reminder! June 30 last day to upgrade PURE

noobzilla

Today is the last day to upgrade Pure reservation to Touring or GT to keep original pre-increase prices.

After logging in and upgrading online, the old prices won't show so would still need to email Lucid to adjust it.

Any downgrade (already in effect) will be hit with new prices.

I received a marketing email from Lucid today suggesting that I upgrade to GT or GT-P from my Pure reservation so that I could receive my car sooner. I wonder if they are giving more time to upgrade with the old pricing? The email didn't mention price. If I click the "upgrade now" button it just redirects to my Lucid Motors dashboard.

They wont do the old pricing from what I am hearing but you can call and ask...

They wont do the old pricing from what I am hearing but you can call and ask...
I'm not interested upgrading, was just curious. its the first marketing email I've received suggesting I upgrade. Seems kind of shady if it's on the very first day of new pricing for upgrades.

I'm not interested upgrading, was just curious. its the first marketing email I've received suggesting I upgrade. Seems kind of shady if it's on the very first day of new pricing for upgrades.
Yep received it too. Very shady indeed that they email it immediately the day after their original pricing deadline.

are you sure about this extending to those that are going from Pure to Touring? my SA called me yesterday and she asked her supervisor since i was under the impression that this 6/30 deadline was only for upgrading to GT. they confirmed that to be the case, and that Pure to Touring will still be at the old price in the mean time, until an announcement comes out. but then again, there seems to be a lot of confusion here...

are you sure about this extending to those that are going from Pure to Touring? my SA called me yesterday and she asked her supervisor since i was under the impression that this 6/30 deadline was only for upgrading to GT. they confirmed that to be the case, and that Pure to Touring will still be at the old price in the mean time, until an announcement comes out. but then again, there seems to be a lot of confusion here...

"As an early reservation holder, we would like to extend this unique opportunity available only through the end of this month!

If you would like to consider upgrading your PURE reservation to a Touring or Grand Touring before June 30, 2022, Lucid Motors will honor the original pricing over the new pricing that went into effect on June 1, 2022.

If you wish to upgrade, you may do so directly through your Lucid Account.* "

"As an early reservation holder, we would like to extend this unique opportunity available only through the end of this month!

If you would like to consider upgrading your PURE reservation to a Touring or Grand Touring before June 30, 2022, Lucid Motors will honor the original pricing over the new pricing that went into effect on June 1, 2022.

If you wish to upgrade, you may do so directly through your Lucid Account.* "
well, this is gonna be confusing when the time comes. i bet tons of pure reservation holders are under the assumption that they can upgrade to Touring at the old pricing...funny thing is, i never got the email as a pure reservation holder.

well, this is gonna be confusing when the time comes. i bet tons of pure reservation holders are under the assumption that they can upgrade to Touring at the old pricing...funny thing is, i never got the email as a pure reservation holder.
Didnt go to spam mail?

I have a Pure reservation and I did not get this email. They must have filtered out current owners which does make sense.

I'd contact Lucid asap if you are set on Touring and tell them you found out just today but did not get any email
ok, just had another call with my SA and they confirmed with their manager that the 6/30 deadline only extended to upgrades to the GT. any upgrades to Touring now will still be at the old pricing. But they do expect a similar upgrade deadline to be issued once the Touring starts production.

ok, just had another call with my SA and they confirmed with their manager that the 6/30 deadline only extended to upgrades to the GT. any upgrades to Touring now will still be at the old pricing. But they do expect a similar upgrade deadline to be issued once the Touring starts production.
Oh so whoever emailed me gave me wrong information then... or the manager gave you wrong information xD Just make sure you have that info in writing because you wouldnt wanna upgrade in the future and then be told you have to pay new price.

Welp, for my case I dont think either of my Q2 Pure or Touring reservation will be shipped in 2022 so I'm safe.

Oh so whoever emailed me gave me wrong information then... or the manager gave you wrong information xD Just make sure you have that info in writing because you wouldnt wanna upgrade in the future and then be told you have to pay new price.

Welp, for my case I dont think either of my Q2 Pure or Touring reservation will be shipped in 2022 so I'm safe.
youre right. in hindsight, i shouldve just kept my original GT reservation, and made 1 pure and 1 touring reservation, instead of cancelling my GT and only making 1 pure reservation. so now im stuck in case things don't go my way. i can only hope that after asking 2+ times, the manager won't be giving the wrong information.

youre right. in hindsight, i shouldve just kept my original GT reservation, and made 1 pure and 1 touring reservation, instead of cancelling my GT and only making 1 pure reservation. so now im stuck in case things don't go my way. i can only hope that after asking 2+ times, the manager won't be giving the wrong information.
2+ time from the same person or different people? Best to ask from multiple people AND get it in writing.

I'm starting to have trust issues with Lucid particularly with their pricing and payment. They say one thing (old reservations can upgrade whenever and keep original price) and then a month or two later theyd changed it again. I'm sure there's people who dont track Lucid info frequently and also possibly miss or not get Lucid email... next thing they find out they cant upgrade with original price, get pissed, and just cancel altogether.

What the agents are saying have also been inconsistent like some folks here got asked to send in payment right away after VIN assignment.

It’s a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation for Lucid. Rivian springs higher prices on existing reservations, and everyone (rightly) throws a fit. Lucid wisely says new prices will only effect new reservations, and immediately people downgrade their preorders, set up extra preorders, and do all sorts of things to try to ensure they keep the old pricing, no matter what they decide later. Fair enough. I’ve done my share of gaming the system in my time.

But just how much of this should Lucid be expected to keep track of?

I agree the communication has been a mess. They should have drawn a line in the sand with existing reservations. We will honor what you reserved. Period. If that’s a Pure, then you get a Pure. And so on.

All this “who gets to upgrade at what price” stuff was bound to happen as soon as they weren’t clear about that.

As far as I can tell, they seem to be setting up drop dead dates for upgrades on existing reservations at the old price. June 30th was the drop dead for upgrading to GT. Why they only told Touring customers that via email is anyone’s guess. Maybe they assumed most Pure reservations weren’t interested in an upgrade of over $50k? They didn’t know (or want to accommodate) people who were interested in GT but decided to reserve a Pure in hopes of delaying their purchase?

That is a sort of odd ball use case, from Lucid’s perspective.

At some point, Lucid needs to be able to predict how much profit comes in from each GT sale. They can’t have all these cheaper reservations to honor indefinitely hanging over their books.

My guess is an email will go out later this year to Pure reservers, offering to upgrade to Touring at the original price, with a cutoff date, just like the GT had. And then that will be it.

The price increases happened for a reason. They can’t afford to sell at their original prices. They also can’t afford to piss off their early adopters. I don’t envy Lucid here, trying to navigate this.

The best thing they could do right now is decide on a final upgrade policy, and communicate it down to the DAs and SAs immediately. If that policy pisses some people off, so be it.

It’s a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation for Lucid. Rivian springs higher prices on existing reservations, and everyone (rightly) throws a fit. Lucid wisely says new prices will only effect new reservations, and immediately people downgrade their preorders, set up extra preorders, and do all sorts of things to try to ensure they keep the old pricing, no matter what they decide later. Fair enough. I’ve done my share of gaming the system in my time.

But just how much of this should Lucid be expected to keep track of?

I agree the communication has been a mess. They should have drawn a line in the sand with existing reservations. We will honor what you reserved. Period. If that’s a Pure, then you get a Pure. And so on.

All this “who gets to upgrade at what price” stuff was bound to happen as soon as they weren’t clear about that.

As far as I can tell, they seem to be setting up drop dead dates for upgrades on existing reservations at the old price. June 30th was the drop dead for upgrading to GT. Why they only told Touring customers that via email is anyone’s guess. Maybe they assumed most Pure reservations weren’t interested in an upgrade of over $50k? They didn’t know (or want to accommodate) people who were interested in GT but decided to reserve a Pure in hopes of delaying their purchase?

That is a sort of odd ball use case, from Lucid’s perspective.

At some point, Lucid needs to be able to predict how much profit comes in from each GT sale. They can’t have all these cheaper reservations to honor indefinitely hanging over their books.

My guess is an email will go out later this year to Pure reservers, offering to upgrade to Touring at the original price, with a cutoff date, just like the GT had. And then that will be it.

The price increases happened for a reason. They can’t afford to sell at their original prices. They also can’t afford to piss off their early adopters. I don’t envy Lucid here, trying to navigate this.

The best thing they could do right now is decide on a final upgrade policy, and communicate it down to the DAs and SAs immediately. If that policy pisses some people off, so be it.
absolutely agree. i was part of the group trying to figure out every possible upgrade/downgrade scenario because "why tie up $2.3k when i can just tie up $300 to get all the same options." if i knew there was gonna be this much confusion, i wouldve just made a reservation for each trim.

like you said, they shouldve just made things simple by allowing:

1) everyone with old reservation gets old price, no upgrading/downgrading shenanigans to keep old price, whatever reservation you have is what you stick with. or
2) you get old price until your trim production starts. once it starts, you get x months to decide and confirm your order. if you don't within the time frame, you're at the new price.

this whole "upgrade downgrade AND you still get to keep old pricing" is so confusing...my SA has always been able to get clear answers for me, based on whatever info available at that time. unfortunately, new info often come out from higher up later, and by then, i'd already made irreversible decisions that limit my options and change my original forecast/predictions.

Back