Regrets

My GT's lifetime efficiency is 3.5 mi/kWh. For a new, 112kWh battery, this would give about 392 miles 100%-0% range, about what I've seen. 19" wheels.

A lot depends on what features you are looking for. I really like the BWM iX and i4. My wife has a Mercedes AMG EQS. It is VERY different from the Lucid but a good car.

If you want STUPID fast and long range, then you have to go with Lucid or Tesla, for now.
I was a BMW guy and I test drove the IX and I4. I think they both drove very well, better than my GV60P, but I couldn't get over the looks and the IX was also a bit large for me. If you can handle the looks, and you want a larger vehicle, the IX is a great car and stable. But the Genesis GV60P checked more of my boxes than any car except the Lucid and and that was also a bit large for me and, most importantly, I gave up when the waiting list for the RWD Pure didn't show up when the Pure was announced (just the AWD version).

Is the Lucid a better vehicle? I would say yes. But you do have to live with a car from a new company and there will be software struggles. The BMWs will drive well (albeit not quite as fast as the Lucid) and the software will be more stable but they won't be as fast and exciting as the Lucid. That, IMO, is your tradeoff decision.

Aside from the minor disappointments of not-so-great software, here maps, and some finish issues, I have two major disappointments -

1). The layout of the display is infuriating. I can’t understand why the edge of the screen curves down when there is such relatively limited space (why not a straight rectangle vs the angle down?). And CarPlay is justified to the right side (smaller) rather than to the left, even a half inch of space would make a big difference. And the sheer amount of space wasted on the center display when they could include so much more info (m/kwh, tire pressure, etc)

2). I have DDP and it’s a huge disappointment. Far far worse IMO than Autopilot. It’s geofenced so you can’t use it most of the time. The nagging for wheel input is way too frequent. The car pingpongs in the lane. And the worst part is that as an optional feature, I feel lucid is paying very very little attention to making it better.

Everything else is awesome about the car - but these disappointments are significant, especially coming from Tesla tech.

Aside from the minor disappointments of not-so-great software, here maps, and some finish issues, I have two major disappointments -

1). The layout of the display is infuriating. I can’t understand why the edge of the screen curves down when there is such relatively limited space (why not a straight rectangle vs the angle down?). And CarPlay is justified to the right side (smaller) rather than to the left, even a half inch of space would make a big difference. And the sheer amount of space wasted on the center display when they could include so much more info (m/kwh, tire pressure, etc)

2). I have DDP and it’s a huge disappointment. Far far worse IMO than Autopilot. It’s geofenced so you can’t use it most of the time. The nagging for wheel input is way too frequent. The car pingpongs in the lane. And the worst part is that as an optional feature, I feel lucid is paying very very little attention to making it better.

Everything else is awesome about the car - but these disappointments are significant, especially coming from Tesla tech.
If I wanted Tesla tech, I would have just bought a Tesla. I wanted something different.

Aside from the minor disappointments

but these disappointments are significant
Regarding the disappointments you need to be more constant.

If I wanted Tesla tech, I would have just bought a Tesla. I wanted something different.
I would like both. Love the Lucid Air, but want the Tesla tech too. And also want CarPlay 2.0 on my next car. Hope Lucid gets that eventually too. 🙂

Back