Recommendations for PPF and ceramic installers in Bay Area

Drendino

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
DE Number
So far I have one quote for full PPF for $7,500 and looking to get one or 2 more. Also trying to decide if I’m getting full PPF or partial and getting ceramic elsewhere.

So far I have one quote for full PPF for $7,500 and looking to get one or 2 more. Also trying to decide if I’m getting full PPF or partial and getting ceramic elsewhere.
I've done PPF on an exotic and didn't find it worthwhile. You can always hire a mobile touch-up guy to touch up rock chips once a year at a fraction of the cost of PPF. At most I'd only do the front of the car: bumper and maybe hood. Over the next ten years the stock market is likely to be a better investment than PPF.

I've done PPF on an exotic and didn't find it worthwhile. You can always hire a mobile touch-up guy to touch up rock chips once a year at a fraction of the cost of PPF. At most I'd only do the front of the car: bumper and maybe hood. Over the next ten years the stock market is likely to be a better investment than PPF.
Excellent advice, I really appreciate it. Would you do ceramic in the other areas not getting PPF?

I had OCDetailing in fremont do my Air, PPF and Ceramic. They did an amazing job, was around $9000. Worth every penny. All of my cars are full PPF.

I had OCDetailing in fremont do my Air, PPF and Ceramic. They did an amazing job, was around $9000. Worth every penny. All of my cars are full PPF.
I would love to see a photo.

Excellent advice, I really appreciate it. Would you do ceramic in the other areas not getting PPF?
I haven't done ceramic so can't comment. You can ceramic any PPF'd portions too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap, that’s not helping me make the case against full paint protection!
OCDetailing is fantastic.
Many of us have gotten it wrapped with ceramic and been quite happy.

Feel free to ask any questions you have

OCDetailing is fantastic.
Many of us have gotten it wrapped with ceramic and been quite happy.

Feel free to ask any questions you have
I appreciate that. Thank you for the feedback.

Not sure where you are located?? Anyway, a number of us on the Telegram Chat that Paladin mentioned had our Lucids done by Deep Reflections in Los Gatos. They also do an excellent job and their cost is more reasonable. Rather than look at photos or videos you should try to meet up with some of us and you can see for yourself the quality of the work. PPF is good for small rock chip prevention and very minor scratches you can pick up from garbage on the freeways (especially 101). The advantage of ceramic coating is to keep the car looking nice and shiny and makes washing/drying much easier. Protection factor from ceramic coating is grossly overstated. All of that said my Dream has been covered with PPF (Xpel Ultimate) and I also have full ceramic coating.

Going to +1 OCDetailing. Just picked up my car from there on Tuesday. The team did an excellent job and was fanatically detailed - truly impressive.

Not sure where you are located?? Anyway, a number of us on the Telegram Chat that Paladin mentioned had our Lucids done by Deep Reflections in Los Gatos. They also do an excellent job and their cost is more reasonable. Rather than look at photos or videos you should try to meet up with some of us and you can see for yourself the quality of the work. PPF is good for small rock chip prevention and very minor scratches you can pick up from garbage on the freeways (especially 101). The advantage of ceramic coating is to keep the car looking nice and shiny and makes washing/drying much easier. Protection factor from ceramic coating is grossly overstated. All of that said my Dream has been covered with PPF (Xpel Ultimate) and I also have full ceramic coating
I’m in Sonoma County and will definitely give Deep Reflections a call. It’s kind of hard to plan on dropping another 10k, but after dropping 150k, it’s hard to justify not doing full PPF.

I’m in Sonoma County and will definitely give Deep Reflections a call. It’s kind of hard to plan on dropping another 10k, but after dropping 150k, it’s hard to justify not doing full PPF.
I did full matte PPF with Northbay Auto Wraps in Petaluma. Chad did a great job. I posted photos on another thread.

@Drendino

I'm in Sacramento area and got quote from a local shop and also OCDetailing (because a lot of people here have talked about it). OCD is much more expensive I guess that makes sense since it is Bay Area. I may consider your area if you find a good one there.

Yes I am! And I just added gtechniq halo ceramic coating today myself.
Small Lucid world! I live in Petaluma, so I’ll make sure to flag you down when I see a matte white around Sebastopol!

Could you provide a link to that thread you posted photos in?

@Drendino

I'm in Sacramento area and got quote from a local shop and also OCDetailing (because a lot of people here have talked about it). OCD is much more expensive I guess that makes sense since it is Bay Area. I may consider your area if you find a good one there.
They do seem to have great prices. I assume you are happy?

They do seem to have great prices. I assume you are happy?
I do not have an Air (yet, hopefully) so haven't used their service. Hmmm there are always some things that could be better but I suppose I am happy overall (lol I know you are asking if Im happy about their service).

Oh I did email them and they replied quickly. Emailed another shop here but no reply.

Back