Recall

RichMalden

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, 1970 MB 280SL
Just received this email

The attached notification letter is being shared in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. We’ve determined that a defect relating to safety exists in certain 2022 Lucid Air vehicles.

Specifically, Lucid has determined that on certain 2022 Lucid Air models, the ethernet wiring harness for the Glass Cockpit instrument panel may not have been secured properly. The harness can become damaged by rubbing against another part of the vehicle, and disable the display screens. Disabled display screens will not show critical information, such as speed, gear selection indicators, warning lights, and other in-vehicle notifications, which can increase the risk of a crash.

Please reach out to a Lucid Service Center or contact Lucid Customer Care at 888-99-LUCID or [email protected] to schedule time to have your Lucid Air inspected as soon as possible. We apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that any inspection and remedy (if necessary) will be performed at NO CHARGE to you. Please contact a Lucid Service Center or Lucid Customer Care to schedule an appointment to have the vehicle inspected as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Lucid USA Inc.

Last edited:
Well this is probably part of that enhanced PDI. It also does not seem like a fast fix either...

Guess this will be the "talking points" they were getting

Well, We finally have our answer.
Maybe, at least part of it. Some customers were told there were panel gap issues that necessitated the change in inspection procedures. Based on things some have posted here, I tend to believe they have multiple things they are trying to address, both of a more urgent nature (like this recall) as well as ongoing areas where they are seeing cars come back to the Service Centers post-delivery.

I guess that means they are taking apart the dash to fix this, unfortunate. Hate to see them having to do something like this that might cause more creaks and squeaks.

Just recurved this email

The attached notification letter is being shared in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. We’ve determined that a defect relating to safety exists in certain 2022 Lucid Air vehicles.

Specifically, Lucid has determined that on certain 2022 Lucid Air models, the ethernet wiring harness for the Glass Cockpit instrument panel may not have been secured properly. The harness can become damaged by rubbing against another part of the vehicle, and disable the display screens. Disabled display screens will not show critical information, such as speed, gear selection indicators, warning lights, and other in-vehicle notifications, which can increase the risk of a crash.

Please reach out to a Lucid Service Center or contact Lucid Customer Care at 888-99-LUCID or [email protected] to schedule time to have your Lucid Air inspected as soon as possible. We apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that any inspection and remedy (if necessary) will be performed at NO CHARGE to you. Please contact a Lucid Service Center or Lucid Customer Care to schedule an appointment to have the vehicle inspected as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Lucid USA Inc.
I didn’t receive this email? Is yours DE version? When did you get your Air?

Recall Notice

It says 30 minute inspection and if repair needed 8 hours

Attachments

• Recall_Page_1.jpg
    Recall_Page_1.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 241
  • Recall_Page_2.jpg
    Recall_Page_2.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 210
I got it too. My car is currently at the service center so I’ll just have them inspect today.

The logistics of this type of recall are a nightmare. It almost sounds like they plan to send a technician out to the customer to do the inspection. Should said condition be present, arrangements would then be made to send the car to the Service Center. The Service Centers have the potential to be swamped, further impairing the ability to receive cars from Casa Grande, inspect and deliver. It still makes you wonder about the cars sitting in Casa Grande and why they haven't moved any of them to the other lot and covered them. Certainly, some cars should be ready to ship.

75E7BD58-7811-4A2A-806C-3FD56D33ACF5.jpeg

1,117 vehicles potentially affected. I guess we got our production number to date.

Although I wonder if this is just delivered cars or if they have to include undelivered cars.

The logistics of this type of recall are a nightmare. It almost sounds like they plan to send a technician out to the customer to do the inspection. Should said condition be present, arrangements would then be made to send the car to the Service Center. The Service Centers have the potential to be swamped, further impairing the ability to receive cars from Casa Grande, inspect and deliver. It still makes you wonder about the cars sitting in Casa Grande and why they haven't moved any of them to the other lot and covered them. Certainly, some cars should be ready to ship.
A lot will depend on how common the issue Is. There aren’t that many cars out there, less than 1000. If it is 1% with the error, that is only 10 cars to service. But if it is 10%, then it’s 100. That would overwhelm them.

Just spoke to service center in Riviera Beach. They said fix takes a few minutes. Literally all that’s needed are some zip ties to make sure the Ethernet wiring harness is secured.
A few minutes is a lot different than 8 hours. hoping it is only a zip tie to fix.

The 8 hour repair time would be if replacement is necessary, zip ties would prevent the problem from occurring.

Got the email. DEP #180 delivered Dec 21. Would be nice to get an explanation. Did someone's display failed while driving or was is found during assembly where wiring may have been relocated by an installer to make the assembly and his job easier?

Back