Recall notice

Did everyone get their notice in the mail? I’m a used AGT owner and concerned they don’t know how to reach me

This is not a tune up. This is a mandated recall to a serious problem. Instead of spending tens of millions of dollars on tv ads they should put some of that to customers satisfaction. If it were me, I would have a local salesman in their showroom (5 miles from here) show up with a suitable loaner, make sure that the transport is a closed transport, minimize the turnaround to 3 days (the entire recall service is 6 hours), and then return the car and pickup the loaner. Word of mouth will be the make or break of this company. But that’s just me.

This is not a tune up. This is a mandated recall to a serious problem. Instead of spending tens of millions of dollars on tv ads they should put some of that to customers satisfaction. If it were me, I would have a local salesman in their showroom (5 miles from here) show up with a suitable loaner, make sure that the transport is a closed transport, minimize the turnaround to 3 days (the entire recall service is 6 hours), and then return the car and pickup the loaner. Word of mouth will be the make or break of this company. But that’s just me.
You could put in the request with enterprise. They have delivered a car to me before.

I got a recall notice. I live in the NY area. The nearest service center is 200 miles away. They want to transport the car and have me get a loaner from Enterprise. I’m entitled to $100/day. When you add on taxes and fees it gets you a Chrysler 300. You are supposed to pay for it and Lucid will reimburse. So…if they are reimbursing me why is it limited to Enterprise. And I didn’t pay $155,000 for a car to be inconvenienced this way. I didn’t create the problem- Lucid did
This was precisely the concern I had living on L.I. with no service center in the tri-state area. I now see they‘ve pushed back the L.I. service center opening again, this time from spring to summer. I don’t know why these delays are occurring.

Inconvenient for sure. But worth it to make sure your car is working at its best.
Well, yeah, but every other brand does it without the inconvenience ...and presumably fixes the car

Lucid should rent what-ever-car, and hand it off to the owner

Of course they're in a cash crunch, so I get they're trying to be clever with working capital---but there's still something called goodwill

Thought I may have escaped the recall but no luck. Received it in mail today. I'm at 11k miles so will try to get done at same time as the 12K service.
How does one know they need a 12K mile service? Does the car or app provide a notification?

The other brand likes to give Uber credits now, its super inconvenient. The rental car instead of a loaner does kind of suck, but I actually prefer to get my own rental car, that way I can selfishly rack up the points on my account.

How does one know they need a 12K mile service? Does the car or app provide a notification?
As far as I know, there is no notification. I am at 11 k miles now and they said they would do the 12 k service while the car was in for the recall.

This does vary by region, and likely how many cars they have sold in that region.

I’m Denver, they rented the car for me and paid for Ubers to and from the rental place. I never presented a credit card to anyone. I’m some regions, they have loaners. And then in other areas they still seem to be making you file for reimbursement and arrange your own rental.

I agree, the minimum standard should be that they arrange the rental for you. Loaners should be the ideal. But if they’ve only sold a handful of cars in an area, it’s probably hard to justify having three or four loaner cars just sitting there most of the time. And transporting a loaner over 200 miles in each direction can’t be easy, either.

All of this will get better as Lucid expands its reach. But it is inconvenient for some in the meantime. This is why I feel like Lucid should concentrate its sales efforts where they already have infrastructure for service, at least until they have the money to build out these less popular regions.

I agree up to the turnaround point. If they have provided a loaner, without you having to do anything except to accept it, then we should be willing to put up with a longer turnaround time when the recall puts an unexpected burden on the service centers.

Well, yeah, but every other brand does it without the inconvenience ...and presumably fixes the car

Lucid should rent what-ever-car, and hand it off to the owner

Of course they're in a cash crunch, so I get they're trying to be clever with working capital---but there's still something called goodwill
Every time mine was in service, they dropped off a rental and drove mine to the SC. I live 30 miles from the Goose Island SC tho.

Did everyone get their notice in the mail? I’m a used AGT owner and concerned they don’t know how to reach me
Yes, I got mine in mail. When was the build date of your car? Seems to have affected the early build GT's. If you have an early build date, may be worth reaching out to CS to ask.

Yes, I got mine in mail. When was the build date of your car? Seems to have affected the early build GT's. If you have an early build date, may be worth reaching out to CS to ask.
I called customer care and they told me my car is indeed affected. I’ve since tried to get service to call me with no luck so far. Has anyone gotten their car back? How long did it take to turn around? I’m planning a Memorial Day road-trip and the only reason I’m looking forward to it is due to my lucid. I really really need the car back within a week!

I called customer care and they told me my car is indeed affected. I’ve since tried to get service to call me with no luck so far. Has anyone gotten their car back? How long did it take to turn around? I’m planning a Memorial Day road-trip and the only reason I’m looking forward to it is due to my lucid. I really really need the car back within a week!
I should add service hasn’t even arranged pick up yet. But hoping car can be returned within 7 days of picking up..

I heard from service Friday and they expect to transport my car back mid week. This would be 7 day turnaround for completing recall, 12k service and replacing rear deck shelf. I think a lot depends on how close you are to service center and whether it needs to be transported. I understand that the actual recall is only about 6-7 hrs of labor.

I got my car back yesterday, 2 weeks after dropping it off. Service included the annual maintenance, a few trim issues that have popped up, the service bulletins, and the recall. I know the recall was a bit delayed while waiting on parts. I have no complaints about the 2 weeks, mostly because I had a loaner, so I still got my Air fix without going through withdrawals.

I should add service hasn’t even arranged pick up yet. But hoping car can be returned within 7 days of picking up..
FYI, they are returning my car tomorrow. So, total of 7 days from pickup to return to complete recall and 12k service. Overall, pretty pleased with communication and turn around time.

Update here my car is being picked up tomorrow, they said they’ll try to turn it around within the week otherwise they’ll give me a loaner for my upcoming road trip!

Quick update on the service for my recall. Car picked up from Twin Cities (MN) with no fuss on a schedule that worked for me (as I was only in town on certain days), and delivered back from Goose Island within a short window of availability (same reason) with great communication by the service tech. Had 12k service done (11.7k) at 9 month mark. Best of all it was cleaned to perfection! So happy to have it back!

Back