Rear Deck Creaking Noise

I put these neoprene pockets on both sides of the rear deck and squeak is gone. I had the car at the Millbrae service center. Wants to get this repaired and the fix at that time did not work. I'll put up with my unsightly sleeves until they come up with a more permanent fix.
PXL_20221113_195021805.jpg

Yes, has happened a few times. Easy fix with reboot. I used the valet card reboot and it worked great. I also used the turn signal reboot and that was also successful.

I have noticed a slight increase in the frequency of audio drop out since 2.0.28.
I am sure the software team is working on this in future updates. It has happened to me 3 times but it is an easy fix.

Glad you got your car back .
Thanks! The reboot worked. All audio is back on.

I am wondering if anyone is experiencing an annoying, rather loud, creaking noise coming from the rear "deck" behind the back seats (the area where the rear speakers are mounted). Each time the rear wheels go over a bump (especially when only one of the rear wheels hits a bump or drops into a dip in the road but not the other rear wheel....), that deck makes a very annoying creaking sound (as though the plastic is twisting and rubbing up against where is meets the back window). I have put the back seats down thinking the deck may be rubbing against the seats but that doesn't resolve the issue.
Any ideas of how to stop the noise would be welcomed. I've had two Model S's and an Audi S8 and none of them have had a cheap sounding rattle/creak like my Lucid has. My wife just got an EQS SUV and no cheap sounding rattle coming from it.
I too have been plagued by this issue, which took second place to the creaky steering wheel (since replaced and properly silent). It absolutely drives me crazy and like your case, the noise is isolated to the passenger side C-pillar and rear deck. When I press on certain points in the rear deck I get the same squeaky noise but also am able to reproduce the noise when I press at the point where the speaker deck meets the plastic part for the rear window shade.

I’ve now read all proposed solutions and personally am not going to accept that that’s Lucid’s fix, particularly when others don’t seem to be experiencing this issue (although a few members here have not driven the car in freezing weather and this does seem to make it worse for me). I’ve made my local service rep aware of this issue as well and am awaiting a fix. There is no room for creaks in a brand new luxury vehicle that Peter Rawlinson compared to an S class Mercedes….just sayin’.

I too have been plagued by this issue, which took second place to the creaky steering wheel (since replaced and properly silent). It absolutely drives me crazy and like your case, the noise is isolated to the passenger side C-pillar and rear deck. When I press on certain points in the rear deck I get the same squeaky noise but also am able to reproduce the noise when I press at the point where the speaker deck meets the plastic part for the rear window shade.

I’ve now read all proposed solutions and personally am not going to accept that that’s Lucid’s fix, particularly when others don’t seem to be experiencing this issue (although a few members here have not driven the car in freezing weather and this does seem to make it worse for me). I’ve made my local service rep aware of this issue as well and am awaiting a fix. There is no room for creaks in a brand new luxury vehicle that Peter Rawlinson compared to an S class Mercedes….just sayin’.

The rear deck creaking noise is my biggest gripe about the car ( besides the lack of appropriate all weather mats 😁).
I am having a service visit next week and will see what they say.
It’s really hard to reproduce the noise . Sometimes it’s very prominent, sometimes it’s barely audible. When I push down it does creak somewhat but I really cannot determine where the noise originates from when I go over bumps. Anyway, perhaps I’ll find a solution . If so, I will be sure to follow up.

The solutions proposed on this thread worked perfectly for me. Basically, it's a piece of leather rubbing against the glass a little bit. Putting a spacer there solves it. Recently, because I had my windows tinted the spacer had to come out so I put some WD-40 dry lube down in there to see if that will solve the problem. If it doesn't, back to the foam spacers. This has nothing to do with Peter Rawlinson… It's just two things that are rubbing together. Simple solution for simple problem.

The solutions proposed on this thread worked perfectly for me. Basically, it's a piece of leather rubbing against the glass a little bit. Putting a spacer there solves it. Recently, because I had my windows tinted the spacer had to come out so I put some WD-40 dry lube down in there to see if that will solve the problem. If it doesn't, back to the foam spacers. This has nothing to do with Peter Rawlinson… It's just two things that are rubbing together. Simple solution for simple problem.

My service visit is mainly for a Nav reset and a recently defective back speaker ( perhaps it’s just loose ). While they are here I will inquire about the creak , but if the service team isn’t familiar or cannot localize it, I may try to get creative like you did.😉

It’s weird because it went away for a while after I had the car tinted and PPF applied, it was probably coincidental. Then just recently, I started noticing it again.

Curiously, do you guys ehonhave squeaking happen to have your rear windows not tinted? I wonder if it makes a difference 🤔

I could not agree with you more! My creaking noise is exactly as you describe it and, I too, can reproduce it by pressing in the same spot you describe. The service center told me they made adjustments to eliminate it but after 1 day of driving the car after it was returned to me the noise is back. NOT acceptable! BTW, my wife drives a Mercedes EQS and there are no cheap sounding creaking noises…. The comparison with respect to “fit and finish” between the vehicles is not even close. Mercedes is tight and silent. Lucid sounds cheap and poorly assembled.

Reactions: Bel
I could not agree with you more! My creaking noise is exactly as you describe it and, I too, can reproduce it by pressing in the same spot you describe. The service center told me they made adjustments to eliminate it but after 1 day of driving the car after it was returned to me the noise is back. NOT acceptable! BTW, my wife drives a Mercedes EQS and there are no cheap sounding creaking noises…. The comparison with respect to “fit and finish” between the vehicles is not even close. Mercedes is tight and silent. Lucid sounds cheap and poorly assembled.
I have to completely disagree with you here. Now that the rear deck creaking noise has been solved with a small foam spacer, my car is 100% silent. I do hear the front motor whine, which I like, but there is not a single rattle or squeak anywhere.

The rear deck creak is the only fit and finish issue I have with the car; the remainder is great.

Reactions: Bel
Curiously, do you guys ehonhave squeaking happen to have your rear windows not tinted? I wonder if it makes a difference 🤔

After I had my windows treated/tinted it seemed to go away, but I may have been imagining that, because I notice it again.

The rear deck creak is the only fit and finish issue I have with the car; the remainder is great.
Did you solve the rear deck noise? You can literally take a piece of cloth and stick it down in there with a butter knife just to see if spacing it a bit from the glass is the solution. If it works, you can do something more elegant.

Did you solve the rear deck noise? You can literally take a piece of cloth and stick it down in there with a butter knife just to see if spacing it a bit from the glass is the solution. If it works, you can do something more elegant.

I will definitely give that a shot. I’ve got a service visit for some other minor issues, so I was going to address this simultaneously.

The rear deck creaking noise is my biggest gripe about the car ( besides the lack of appropriate all weather mats 😁).
It’s really hard to reproduce the noise . Sometimes it’s very prominent, sometimes it’s barely audible. When I push down it does creak somewhat but I really cannot determine where the noise originates from when I go over bumps. Anyway, perhaps I’ll find a solution . If so, I will be sure to follow up.
Same problem here. I just got my car back having 21 delivery discrepecies and 34 continous days in the service center. They tried but couldnt fix rear deck noise. Theyve tried and also put in felt. Looks a little tacky and didnt help much. May have to custom fabricate real fasteners. Ive come up with street bumps that are 100% reproduceable and will bring bumps to SC so they can hear for themselves. I also bought a decibel meter. Mine is worse in the rear right wheel area and less so in the rear left wheel area.

Same problem here. I just got my car back having 21 delivery discrepecies and 34 continous days in the service center. They tried but couldnt fix rear deck noise. Theyve tried and also put in felt. Looks a little tacky and didnt help much. May have to custom fabricate real fasteners. Ive come up with street bumps that are 100% reproduceable and will bring bumps to SC so they can hear for themselves. I also bought a decibel meter. Mine is worse in the rear right wheel area and less so in the rear left wheel area.

Let us know if you find a permanent solution.

I will. Im ordering materials for creating bumps
I just put the foam pieces back in tonight. The old ones came out when they tinted the windows. Can’t see them at all from the outside due to the tint and the deck is 100% silent. Didn’t use the adhesive… just slid them in.

I just put the foam pieces back in tonight. The old ones came out when they tinted the windows. Can’t see them at all from the outside due to the tint and the deck is 100% silent. Didn’t use the adhesive… just slid them in.
Thats what id have done too. However, the service center put them so you can see them 0.5 inch past the factory window edge tint and its also not a continuous strip but pieces of strips. They used adhesive felt. After creating street noise bumps, ill have SC drive on it and work on it until fixed.

I folded over some felt tape multiple times and slipped it where the rear deck meets the rear window on both sides and completely eliminated the noise. Easy to do and took 2 minutes.

I have to completely disagree with you here. Now that the rear deck creaking noise has been solved with a small foam spacer, my car is 100% silent. I do hear the front motor whine, which I like, but there is not a single rattle or squeak anywhere.
Really? You “completely disagree” with me? The approach proposed to fix a brand new $150,000 car is a do-it-yourself solution using “foam tape,” ”butter knife,” and/or “creating bumps” to validate the poor fit and finish for the Service Center. I haven’t had any need for foam tape, a butter knife and/or creating bumps for the EQS. I think my point about poor “fit and finish” of the Lucid at least somewhat valid

Back