Rear Deck Creaking Noise

Here are some pictures. The right rear window has the cracks and is about where the creaking noise seems to be coming from. The creaking was noticeable since the day I purchased the car (10/14/22). The crack I only noticed a few days ago. The other picture is of the same location on the left rear. Notice how misaligned the meeting of the truck lid and rear quarter panel is. My opinion is the entire back end of the car is not properly fit together.
Personally, I think the creak might be a different issue from the window cracking. The entire trunk of your car seems like need to be adjusted. Really sorry to see issue like this. I hope it's not common. So far, my Air only has creaky steering wheel, which is known issue. Service will fix it a couple of month later.

Personally, I think the creak might be a different issue from the window cracking. The entire trunk of your car seems like need to be adjusted. Really sorry to see issue like this. I hope it's not common. So far, my Air only has creaky steering wheel, which is known issue. Service will fix it a couple of month later.
I’m not sure it’s the trunk, the creek seems to arise on the inside.

Look forward to hearing diagnosis and action to correct. Hope it’s back soon to you with no further problems.

I think the noise.also comes from the roof cross bar. Thought it was just me so I took it on as a DIY project. This and some clothes at the rear deck have the noise 90% resolved.
PXL_20221109_035430213.NIGHT.jpg

OMG, I had no idea noise can come from the cross bar. When did you take your delivery?
Delivery 4 months/2400miles ago. The rags are not pushed in under pressure just enough to fill the empty spaces. I also found the trim above the rear window was loose so I pushed that in place pretty aggressively to make sue all the Velcro was engaged.

OMG, I had no idea noise can come from the cross bar. When did you take your delivery?
What should shock you is that he can easily put towels between the glass and B pillar cross bar. I hope he got a work ticket issued for that.

I am wondering if anyone is experiencing an annoying, rather loud, creaking noise coming from the rear "deck" behind the back seats (the area where the rear speakers are mounted). Each time the rear wheels go over a bump (especially when only one of the rear wheels hits a bump or drops into a dip in the road but not the other rear wheel....), that deck makes a very annoying creaking sound (as though the plastic is twisting and rubbing up against where is meets the back window). I have put the back seats down thinking the deck may be rubbing against the seats but that doesn't resolve the issue.
Any ideas of how to stop the noise would be welcomed. I've had two Model S's and an Audi S8 and none of them have had a cheap sounding rattle/creak like my Lucid has. My wife just got an EQS SUV and no cheap sounding rattle coming from it.
We are having the same issue. We've been chasing this annoying creak since we took delivery and I'm glad to know we're not alone. Well, not that I want everyone to have this issue, but it's nice to know we aren't losing our minds! We have a call into Lucid to have someone out to fix this and a few other items.

We are having the same issue. We've been chasing this annoying creak since we took delivery and I'm glad to know we're not alone. Well, not that I want everyone to have this issue, but it's nice to know we aren't losing our minds! We have a call into Lucid to have someone out to fix this and a few other items.
Where are you located?

I think the noise.also comes from the roof cross bar. Thought it was just me so I took it on as a DIY project. This and some clothes at the rear deck have the noise 90% resolved.
View attachment 6537
Looks like the noise was not from the roof cross bar . When I did this DIY repair I did not put anything at the passenger side rear deck because it had previously been fixed by Lucid service.
I purchased some scuba neoprene fabric at Joanns and put that at both corners of the rear deck. The creak seems to be gone. The scuba neoprene fabric feels like very thick spandex, not neoprene. I am headed out for a 250 mile road trip today and will report results of the fix later today

Looks like the noise was not from the roof cross bar . When I did this DIY repair I did not put anything at the passenger side rear deck because it had previously been fixed by Lucid service.
I purchased some scuba neoprene fabric at Joanns and put that at both corners of the rear deck. The creak seems to be gone. The scuba neoprene fabric feels like very thick spandex, not neoprene. I am headed out for a 250 mile road trip today and will report results of the fix later today
Just returned from 350 mile road trip, CA25, Jolon, Carmel Valley Rd NOT A SINGLE creak , rattle , creak or squeak! Bobby Foam rules!

Do I keep my scheduled Millbrae appointment to fix the rear deck or do I wait for the factory to develop a standard fix?
BTW I will also be for the surreal sound system which does not work. Playing music via amazon, adjusting the equalizer has no effect on base or anything else.

Just returned from 350 mile road trip, CA25, Jolon, Carmel Valley Rd NOT A SINGLE creak , rattle , creak or squeak! Bobby Foam rules!

Do I keep my scheduled Millbrae appointment to fix the rear deck or do I wait for the factory to develop a standard fix?
BTW I will also be for the surreal sound system which does not work. Playing music via amazon, adjusting the equalizer has no effect on base or anything else.
Like mine, I don’t think the rear deck itself is the problem… it’s the rubbing against the rear window. Foam works but looks bad when seen from the outside. My next experiment, suggested by mobile service tech Frank, is some dry lube on the leather. Stay tuned.

The lube will wear out at the worst possible time. There needs to be something permanent that keeps the deck away from the window. Color matched Bibby Foam?

Back