Real Talk: The Good and Bad After 1,000 Miles in the 2025 AGT

theqazman

Reaction score
Cars
AGT - 992 4S
DE Number
Referral Code
A28NT40L
Just broke 1000 miles on my 2025 AGT in 10 days and just wanted to share my initial thoughts.

THE GOOD:

As someone who dailied a Porsche 992 4S and BMW F90 for 3-plus years, this is as much or even more fun.

I test-drove the EQS and Taycan, and neither holds a candle to the AGT. The EQS was quiet and comfortable but felt like a boat. The Taycan was nimble but not as comfortable, and it felt claustrophobic, but not in a good sports car way.

The way this car goes from a 7 Series ride quality to an absolute rocket on the road NEVER gets old.

I have hit triple digits more on this in just 10 days than in all my other cars combined. And I never intended to, seriously. 😂 It's just that effortless.

I have never experienced mid-range speed like the AGT. It just keeps going.

I love the UI. It's clearly laid out, and everything important is only 1 or 2 clicks away, besides the garage opener 🙄.

I just test-drove the Gen 2 Rivian, thinking about getting one for my wife, and I prefer the software in Lucid. It's snappier and higher-res.

The main reason I chose the 2025 over the 2024, and gladly passed on the incentives, was the new hardware. It is significantly faster and worth the upgrade.

I love the interior finishes. The use of leather, Alcantara, and fabric is just CHOICE. Done to perfection.

I love how open and airy it feels. The backseat experience is nothing short of flying in first class.

THE BAD:

I know it's not fair to compare the seating position of this to my 911, but I just flat-out hate it. It feels like I'm sitting ON instead of IN my car. I wish it went lower.

Adjusting the side mirrors and steering wheel with the screen is just not a pleasant experience, and it's a little laggy, which makes it even worse.

The blind spot is a REAL problem. It makes it not confidence-inspiring to change lanes, even with the dash cam assist.

I don't like the feel of the buttons on the steering wheel. They feel cheap and are super laggy when changing volume or cruise control speed.

I don't like that it defaults back to SMOOTH every time. The same goes for low beam. I have to manually kick in auto high beam every time. And the same goes for the rear climate control. The glass canopy option gets super hot in Southern California, and to make up for the weak HVAC, you always want to circulate air using the rear climate.

The brakes are pretty subpar for a car with this much power. There is a lot of travel, and I understand they want to have a smoother experience, but I think it comes at a heavy cost. I don't feel comfortable relying on the brakes in Sprint mode, so I have to drive it with Hi Regen.

The soft close is finicky on the driver’s side. When I brought it up to my sales guy, he said it would be fixed with the 2.4 update. I’ll have to see.

The workmanship is not at the level of their luxury German competitors, but that's to be expected from a new car company.

Not being able to decouple the two screens for different apps is a MASSIVE missed opportunity and a borderline flaw in the UI that I hope is fixed in the near future.

Breaking off ACC to manual control isn't very smooth. Or maybe that's just user error, but I never had that issue with any of my other cars. 🤷🏼‍♂️

That's it! Every quirk I mentioned here pales in comparison to the GOODS. This is literally one of the best cars I have ever owned. It gets me super hyped about the future of EVs and especially Lucid.

They absolutely knocked it out of the park, and the entire team should be SUPER proud of their contribution.

Attachments

• 96C9F95C-FA23-404A-8BB0-E7D1EA163A70_1_105_c.webp
    96C9F95C-FA23-404A-8BB0-E7D1EA163A70_1_105_c.webp
    55.3 KB · Views: 2,056
I love the UI. It's clearly laid out, and everything important is only 1 or 2 clicks away, besides the garage opener 🙄.
This is fixed in 2.4

I don't like that it defaults back to SMOOTH every time.
This is an EPA requirement, unfortunately. The EPA testing has to be done in the “default” mode of the car, and thus it defaults to Smooth every time.

The glass canopy option gets super hot in Southern California
Tinting helps, as do the Lucid sunshade inserts. They’re well made, and I only really use them in the summer. But I’d have a hard time giving up the glass.

Not being able to decouple the two screens for different apps is a MASSIVE missed opportunity and a borderline flaw in the UI that I hope is fixed in the near future.
This is something they very much would like to fix. Nothing concrete, but suffice it to say they agree it’s a missed opportunity and they would prefer it not remain that way forever.

This is fixed in 2.4

This is an EPA requirement, unfortunately. The EPA testing has to be done in the “default” mode of the car, and thus it defaults to Smooth every time.

Tinting helps, as do the Lucid sunshade inserts. They’re well made, and I only really use them in the summer. But I’d have a hard time giving up the glass.

This is something they very much would like to fix. Nothing concrete, but suffice it to say they agree it’s a missed opportunity and they would prefer it not remain that way forever.
1. Excited to hear that.
2. Understood.
3. I have the canopy covers; they are a lifesaver. Also, I can't imagine going for a roof over a canopy, either.
4. That will be a huge W.

The blind spot is a REAL problem. It makes it not confidence-inspiring to change lanes, even with the dash cam assist.
I believe that 90% of drivers have their side mirrors set incorrectly which makes the blind spot a real problem on most cars. It took a little while to get used to, but once I made the change shown in this video, I have never gone back and I feel much safer changing lanes in any car I drive. My wife can't get used to it and has never changed despite my repeated requests.

Is this what they mean by “multitasking” in their Sep 10 presentation?

1726483739051.webp

Yes, multitasking means one thing on top and a different thing on the pilot panel. That's what they've been calling it when they show off UX 3.0 in the Gravity.
Do we know if UX 3.0 is coming to all Airs?

My guess is before we will be able to get all of those features in the Air we will need to do a chip replacement which we've been told is possible but no definitive answer as to if/when it will be made available to us.

Definitely buy Lucid's perforated roof glass shades. I leave them in most of the year. They install and de-install in a couple minutes.

When transitioning from ACC to manual, gently press the accelerator enough to maintain speed, then turn off ACC. It's not hard to do.

My guess is before we will be able to get all of those features in the Air we will need to do a chip replacement which we've been told is possible but no definitive answer as to if/when it will be made available to us.
Only Lucid knows at this point, but I'm guessing that the Air will get the vast majority of Gravity's UX improvements. The reason I think this is that our other AAOS EV with an even older, weaker CPU can already display navigation in the driver's display with a media app running in the center screen. The manufacturer just announced it'll soon get an update that can tile multiple apps in the center panel, so the center can display nav and streaming media simultaneously.

This is not true. I have been repeatedly told that every single Air has the hardware needed for the future. Basically the only reason to do a CCC replacement would be for speed.

This is not true. I have been repeatedly told that every single Air has the hardware needed for the future. Basically the only reason to do a CCC replacement would be for speed.
Ok good to know. I would buy the faster chip if it becomes available anyway but not sure which will happen first; 3.0 or new chip??

Ok good to know. I would buy the faster chip if it becomes available anyway but not sure which will happen first; 3.0 or new chip??
Nobody from Lucid has even publicly confirmed the new CCC will be available for retrofit, just a couple YouTube reviewers; so I suspect software will come first but who knows.

I believe that 90% of drivers have their side mirrors set incorrectly which makes the blind spot a real problem on most cars. It took a little while to get used to, but once I made the change shown in this video, I have never gone back and I feel much safer changing lanes in any car I drive. My wife can't get used to it and has never changed despite my repeated requests.

I heard this on the click and clack show years ago and it makes a huge difference. Their recommendation was tp take your head to the drivers window for left and the same distance for the right.

Nobody from Lucid has even publicly confirmed the new CCC will be available for retrofit, just a couple YouTube reviewers; so I suspect software will come first but who knows.
I did receive confirmation that it is possible from a high level Lucid employee but he would not commit to it happening.

That and scheduled charging improvements: so important that it was listed twice.

Back