Real Life Drive experience

I don’t have my GT, but this reads like a Karen leaving a yelp review. It’s hard to discern what may be legitimate criticism if she can’t even find the seat heaters or do the 3 minute research to figure out how to use the cruise control.

Has anyone really found the steering wheel to be fatiguing and arms stressed from a lack of a 90 degree bend?

I have definitely found it to be the most comfortable steering wheel I’ve ever driven. The little cutouts for my thumbs at 3 and 9 are perfect, and I love the flattened bottom.

I think this review is of dubious value - it’s like me sitting down at a stick shift and not knowing how to drive stick. None of the pedals work! Why are there 3! It keeps screaming at me! The gears aren’t labeled! It rolls backward when my foot is off the brake! I constantly have to switch gears! Yeah, that’s how you drive a stick.

Most of her complaints boil down to “I don’t know how to drive an EV”.

She was below 20 and, by the amount of time she spent, she went to 100%. It sounded from the article like she filled the battery from close to empty to completely full.
I was just giving an example what it costs to charge the Lucid at .43 kw/hr

I have definitely found it to be the most comfortable steering wheel I’ve ever driven. The little cutouts for my thumbs at 3 and 9 are perfect, and I love the flattened bottom.

I think this review is of dubious value - it’s like me sitting down at a stick shift and not knowing how to drive stick. None of the pedals work! Why are there 3! It keeps screaming at me! The gears aren’t labeled! It rolls backward when my foot is off the brake! I constantly have to switch gears! Yeah, that’s how you drive a stick.

Most of her complaints boil down to “I don’t know how to drive an EV”.
Lol, great analogies!

I don’t have my GT, but this reads like a Karen leaving a yelp review. It’s hard to discern what may be legitimate criticism if she can’t even find the seat heaters or do the 3 minute research to figure out how to use the cruise control.

Has anyone really found the steering wheel to be fatiguing and arms stressed from a lack of a 90 degree bend?
Only road trip we have taken was about 5 hours long and I did not have any issues with the steering wheel.

Don’t forget that adding 100 kWh of useable charge doesn’t account for the heat loss - which factors into your final cost. IIRC someone did a full charge on a DE (118 kWh) and the EA charging station added 134 kWh. So 134 x $0.43 = ~$57.62. Again, that would require the full 0-100% charge.

Don’t forget that adding 100 kWh of useable charge doesn’t account for the heat loss - which factors into your final cost. IIRC someone did a full charge on a DE (118 kWh) and the EA charging station added 134 kWh. So 134 x $0.43 = ~$57.62. Again, that would require the full 0-100% charge.
The point is that when you have to start paying for EA, it will cost about as much as putting gas in the car, but perhaps not in CA. ;)

The point is that when you have to start paying for EA, it will cost about as much as putting gas in the car, but perhaps not in CA. ;)
I was going to say! Where?! I pay $150/week to fill up my diesel sprinter van in California. Electricity is also cheaper in places other than CA. I would assume EA may be less in those states? Could be wrong though.

Maybe, but obviously every EV owner relies on home charging. Most people don’t regularly make 500 mile road trips, so the occasional $50 fill up does not move the needle at all. This whole “problem” in the article is a red herring.

I was going to say! Where?! I pay $150/week to fill up my diesel sprinter van in California. Electricity is also cheaper in places other than CA. I would assume EA may be less in those states? Could be wrong though.
I believe that their pricing, when allowed to sell by kw, is the same across the country.

But should still cost significantly less when factoring in home charging.
Yes. Most people charge at home which will be significantly cheaper. We pay 9 cents per kW which runs about 3 cents a mile on our Leaf. Gas, in our Sienna will cost 20 cents a mile.

Interesting article in Bloomberg. Reflects the experiences on the forum which seem to indicate a fairly wide range from a couple insignificant glitches here and there to literally something wrong with every feature. Comparing to my own experience:

1. Fabric bolsters popping off easily - never tried that, so don’t know
2. Fat formless steering wheel that isn’t ergonomic with no finger depressions - I dunno, I find the steering wheel quite comfortable and lux feeling
3. Steering column not extending far enough - haven’t noticed that oroblem
4. Turning indicators rarely self canceling - I somewhat agree with this
5. Cruise control impossible to engage - complete opposite experience for me, I think the cruise control is amazing
6. Sync phone via Bluetooth impossible - no issues there for me
7. Restricted access to charging outlets - Haven’t noticed that issue
8. Unreliable clock - no issues there for me
9. Music screen displaying wrong music - I use Amazon music currently and that doesn’t seem to be one of the best options for this car so I think I see where this is coming from
10. Click through multiple screens to set steering column and mirror position - don’t recall this being annoying and as a single driver, I set it once and never adjusted again so no big deal
11. Locks and trunks only controlled by center console - doesn’t seem right, the left pilot panel can do these functions no?
12. Can’t find heated/cooled seat function - was pretty easy to find that function for me
13. Key fob doesn’t work - my key fob works 100% of the time
14. Key fob doesn’t open trunk - somewhat true I guess although if you press and hold it after the frunk is open it does then open the trunk
15. Frequently getting locked out of the car - has never happened to me
16. Visors cutting visibility of full glass roof - technically correct but compared to a fully opaque roof the visibility is still a million times better…
17. Extreme heat and light penetration through glass roof - I guess I haven’t driven for long enough distances to really comment on this. For daily driving it’s totally fine although I think sometimes the sun reflects off the central console and can be annoying - unrelated question, anyone recommend a good oleophobic matte screen protector for the center console? Hate fingerprints
18. Hills draining the battery at a high rate - duh…
19. Regen going downhill not equaling effort required to go uphill - duh…
20. 26 miles of charge after 2 hours on a level 2 charger - doesn’t sound like it matches my experience but I haven’t really charged a lot outside of home
21. 50$ fee for charging at EA station - sounds fishy to me, I’ve never been charged at an EA statkln
22. 1 hour and 23 minutes to go from about 30 miles of range to 441 miles at a fast EA charger - seems a bit slow to me. Wonder how long it took to go from 30 to 300 or so.

Overall ends on a positive note because the car was very fun to drive which I do agree with. I think if I had all the above problems, I’d probably be annoyed too but some of the reviewer problems were self-inflicted (deliberately not even a cursory plan as to when and where to charge for example) or just don’t match my experiences.
as for charging time1hr23min for 30 to 441, i am not surprised, he used dream P, 471 mile EPA range, as she goes up from 80% on it goes into trickle charge mode to protect battery chemistry, all EVs do it, I was with my friend's Tesla, it started at 150KW and as batter went over 50%, it started slowing down below 100Kw and by 80% it was @ 50KW, I believe she is not experienced with EV and so her perspective is out of touch with technology, she as driver though enjoyed drive which is what most people want in car

I suppose a review of an EV by a journalist who doesn't own or understand one could be interesting, but it's also unfair to the car's manufacturer. Sounds like she did choose to charge to 100% at the EA station, and had little idea about charging in general, treating it like a gas car: when the tank gets down to 1/4, look for a gas station and then fill up.
This article is circulating on SMs for a while, my friend [not a EV Fan] sent me copy,

14. Key fob doesn’t open trunk - somewhat true I guess although if you press and hold it after the frunk is open it does then open the trunk
So what is the verdict, CAN you open the trunk if you hold it down for a while after the frunk is opened or not? This would definitely make a lot of people's day.... :)

So what is the verdict, CAN you open the trunk if you hold it down for a while after the frunk is opened or not? This would definitely make a lot of people's day.... :)
Haha I’m super curious too but won’t get back to my car until end of next week. Killing me right now - didn’t realize this was such a hot button topic lol. If others try and it doesn’t work, then it’s likely that I just mis-remembered but I will definitely try on my own vehicle as soon as I can!

I just tried it. A second long press of the key fob closes the frunk. This is cool since I did not know that I could do that from the fob. I knew it could be done from the pilot panel so this nice to know.

Now if only Lucid would program the fob to open the Trunk with 2 rapid clicks and close it with 3 then we'd all be in business!

Now if only Lucid would program the fob to open the Trunk with 2 rapid clicks and close it with 3 then we'd all be in business!
the 2 rapid clicks unlocks the car, 3 clicks should work, but I suspect a bunch of people will set off the alarm trying haha

Back