Real Life Drive experience

the 2 rapid clicks unlocks the car, 3 clicks should work, but I suspect a bunch of people will set off the alarm trying haha
I vote for a rapid click then a press-hold to open/close the trunk. Different enough from the alarm to be intuitive.

I'll probably get shouted down for this heresy... How about a fob with more than one button? Maybe 4 or 5? And pictograms are pretty self explanatory.
Not heresy at all. I definitely think it could be better designed. When Porsche released the original Cayenne it had only one button for lock/unlock and customers hated it, prompting them to update it the next year iirc.

Not heresy at all. I definitely think it could be better designed. When Porsche released the original Cayenne it had only one button for lock/unlock and customers hated it, prompting them to update it the next year iirc.
Yea all you need are 2 buttons really. But then again, I haven't found a reason to no like this fob. It's so slim and in real life usage, it's not a big deal at all for me.

having just done this journey both ways - I find SO MANY holes in narrative. I don't think Hannah is EV experienced, or planned the journey, not do I think Lucid did themselves any favours. Heck, I spent 90 mins at my pick up just walking through the car - they seem to give Hannah the fob (on a lanyard) and push her out the door.

the clickbait lines like "390-mile trip took 11 hours" ... need to be offset by the fact that she charged TWICE (including more than an hour on an L2) ... and when she did get a fast charger, it looks like she went to 100% which we know is v slow for the last 10%

I don't mind opinions that contradict or veer away from mine, but please, lets put some quality into the work
It seemed her goal was to be as lackadaisical as possible. She’s complaining cuz you can get locked out of a car if you leave your fob in it? Fool, that’s so your car doesn’t get stolen! It’s a security feature not a bug. Don’t leave your key in it, like literally ALL other cars. Duh. What’s next, complain you got wet when the windows were down while it was raining?

So what is the verdict, CAN you open the trunk if you hold it down for a while after the frunk is opened or not? This would definitely make a lot of people's day.... :)
Or just use Siri to do all those things? (Caveat the car can’t be asleep when you try)

She’s complaining cuz you can get locked out of a car if you leave your fob in it? Fool, that’s so your car doesn’t get stolen! I
Clearly, she was not very experienced with EVs in general but I have to side with her on this one. The car should not even lock if you leave the fob in it by mistake. I don't know about most cars but my 10 year old Infiniti will make a loud series of beeps if I leave the fob inside and press the button on the door handle outside to lock the car. Basically the car telling me - "take the fob with you dummy".

What complicates the Lucid is that you can simply walk away. So how does the car let you know you left the fob behind in the car? I have no idea. This is all assuming that you only are using the fob for lock/unlock.

If you leave the fob in the car the door handles will retract, but the car will remain unlocked.

If you leave the fob in the car the door handles will retract, but the car will remain unlocked.
I see. Does this mean anyone can walk up to the car, press the door handle and it will pop right out?

I see. Does this mean anyone can walk up to the car, press the door handle and it will pop right out?
Yes. I don’t think anything changed with the last update. I’ll give it a try and see if it is still the same.

Yes. I don’t think anything changed with the last update. I’ll give it a try and see if it is still the same.

The more I think about this, the more concerned I get. Let's say I use the fob exclusively for driving a Lucid (pretty much like any other car out there). The following looks like a likely scenario:

1. I leave the fob inside my laptop bag behind the drivers seat - always do this with my current SUV (ten year old Infiniti). My fob is almost never in my pocket.
2. I press the door handles and walk away thinking I locked the Lucid. In my current SUV, I press a small button on the door handle.
3. I come back to find the Lucid gone (i.e. stolen).

In my current SUV, step#2 above will result in a really loud series of beeps alerting me that the fob is inside. Please, someone tell me I have it all wrong.

The more I think about this, the more concerned I get. Let's say I use the fob exclusively for driving a Lucid (pretty much like any other car out there). The following looks like a likely scenario:

1. I leave the fob inside my laptop bag behind the drivers seat - always do this with my current SUV (ten year old Infiniti). My fob is almost never in my pocket.
2. I press the door handles and walk away thinking I locked the Lucid. In my current SUV, I press a small button on the door handle.
3. I come back to find the Lucid gone (i.e. stolen).

In my current SUV, step#2 above will result in a really loud series of beeps alerting me that the fob is inside. Please, someone tell me I have it all wrong.
I also validated that with the key fob left in the car if you don't push on a handle at exit, after about 24 minutes the door handles retract. However, the car remains unlocked, so you can get in with a couple pushes of the door handle.

Personally, the fact she's referred to CarPlay as "Apple iPlay", the fact she claims "Lucid assures me there are heated/cooled seat controls but I couldn't find them", and the "boom boom boom" style in which she talks about how the software wasn't doing this or that or this other thing...I find that disqualifies a lot of her opinion. She seems to really want to dislike this car.

Jon Rettinger's review seemed significantly more realistic to me (especially since he pulled no punches when describing the software).

Personally, the fact she's referred to CarPlay as "Apple iPlay", the fact she claims "Lucid assures me there are heated/cooled seat controls but I couldn't find them", and the "boom boom boom" style in which she talks about how the software wasn't doing this or that or this other thing...I find that disqualifies a lot of her opinion. She seems to really want to dislike this car.

Jon Rettinger's review seemed significantly more realistic to me (especially since he pulled no punches when describing the software).
I agree. You don’t know Apple’s system is CarPlay and the Climate controls are one screen press of the fan symbol and then pretty obvious. If you can’t figure out the screen below, gas pumps and atms are probably also a challenge.

Attachments

• BE1B9196-8F4F-43D4-8440-7459BEB44C23.jpeg
    BE1B9196-8F4F-43D4-8440-7459BEB44C23.jpeg
    565.8 KB · Views: 101
Clearly, she was not very experienced with EVs in general but I have to side with her on this one. The car should not even lock if you leave the fob in it by mistake. I don't know about most cars but my 10 year old Infiniti will make a loud series of beeps if I leave the fob inside and press the button on the door handle outside to lock the car. Basically the car telling me - "take the fob with you dummy".

What complicates the Lucid is that you can simply walk away. So how does the car let you know you left the fob behind in the car? I have no idea. This is all assuming that you only are using the fob for lock/unlock.
there is a big bold message on the dash, oops pilot panel, when you place the car in park that says Take Your Key.

Finally just read this article. She definitely seemed like someone who's never even thought about driving an EV before. Why would you stop at a level 2 Chargepoint charger?

She rolled through my neck of the woods, so I can say that Chargepoint charger is literally right off the 101. There's no way it took her 7 miles off course to find. There's an EA charger a few miles down the 101 that she easily could have stopped at instead if she knew better. Can't argue the desolate bit tho 😂.

These types of reviews can definitely be damaging to Lucid if the reader doesn't know any better. Hopefully people see through her amateurishness.

If anyone here is a Bloomberg subscriber, you should reach out to her or her editor to let them know about her mistakes....

Back