Range estimation information with 2.0.24

Bill55

Verified Owner
Cars
Sapphire - Dream Edition
DE Number
I was hoping with the update we would get more information with regard to energy use, instantaneous, last 5, 25, 50 miles vs just the since last charge. Something like the Rivian efficiency graph.
67B44A23-4895-46F3-B0E3-782D0EEA3440.jpeg
Instead we got less information. Range for me continues to be estimated based on 3.7 miles per kWh. I have never gotten that efficiency. Over 13k miles I am at 2.9 Average.
A4D0D11C-706E-4020-BE0B-46E0BFDEC53A.jpeg
Using the EPA number to estimate my remaining range is not only unhelpful, but dangerous. I’ve gone over 200 miles with cruise set at 70 mph and not gotten 3.7 miles per kWh. Perhaps in some ideal circumstance the car can get 3.7. I haven’t seen it.

Why is my range not calculated by efficiency over last 25 or 50 miles? I started at 80% so first 99 miles of this charge I got 2.8 miles kWh. Not 3.7.

I was hoping with the update we would get more information with regard to energy use, instantaneous, last 5, 25, 50 miles vs just the since last charge. Something like the Rivian efficiency graph.
View attachment 6490
Instead we got less information. Range for me continues to be estimated based on 3.7 miles per kWh. I have never gotten that efficiency. Over 13k miles I am at 2.9 Average.
View attachment 6491
Using the EPA number to estimate my remaining range is not only unhelpful, but dangerous. I’ve gone over 200 miles with cruise set at 70 mph and not gotten 3.7 miles per kWh. Perhaps in some ideal circumstance the car can get 3.7. I haven’t seen it.

Why is my range not calculated by efficiency over last 25 or 50 miles? I started at 80% so first 99 miles of this charge I got 2.8 miles kWh. Not 3.7.
I agree the estimation is misleading.

I know some Lucid staff monitor these forums. So, they might pick up on this as feedback for future improvements. But, as early adopters, is there any other way for us to submit feedback to Lucid on issues like this?

I don't have my car yet. But, with the amount of driving I do, I will likely be bumping up against the top end of my available range frequently. So, I fully agree that the remaining range estimate should be VERY accurate to avoid lots of problems.

I know some Lucid staff monitor these forums. So, they might pick up on this as feedback for future improvements. But, as early adopters, is there any other way for us to submit feedback to Lucid on issues like this?
You can always email or text customer care. Your comments will get passed along inside of Lucid. That is a better way than hoping someone from Lucid reads your post.

I did a 600 mile trip this weekend and the remaining range at destination was grossly innacurate. I had to re route and manually add a charge stop or i would have been stranded. Remaining range at destination was 100 miles driving at a constant speed with the cruise set. By the time I was 20 miles from my destination my remaining range had gone from 100 to 0.

View attachment 6490
View attachment 6491

What tire pressure do you have. I drove between sf and la frequently on 19'' wheels. Can get between 3.5 - 3.7 for the entire trip cruising 80 - 85 mph on I-5 and 65 - 75 mph on the rest of trips. Also, Lucid measures the total battery consumption instead of just motor consumption. So, AC might play a role as well. I'm always moderate on throttles and conservative on AC.

I did a 600 mile trip this weekend and the remaining range at destination was grossly innacurate. I had to re route and manually add a charge stop or i would have been stranded. Remaining range at destination was 100 miles driving at a constant speed with the cruise set. By the time I was 20 miles from my destination my remaining range had gone from 100 to 0.
Don't trust the range estimator, I think it's based on the best case scenario 4.3 miles per kw.

What tire pressure do you have. I drove between sf and la frequently on 19'' wheels. Can get between 3.5 - 3.7 for the entire trip cruising 80 - 85 mph on I-5 and 65 - 75 mph on the rest of trips. Also, Lucid measures the total battery consumption instead of just motor consumption. So, AC might play a role as well. I'm always moderate on throttles and conservative on AC.
I’m running cold pressure of 42psi as recommended. If you get below 39 you’re going to have the low pressure warning light on. My results are about same as Car and Driver
1668199297888.jpeg

I don’t think the range calculator in the car is using any onboard information for its calculations.

I’m running cold pressure of 42psi as recommended. If you get below 39 you’re going to have the low pressure warning light on. My results are about same as Car and Driver
If you're saying 42psi, that means you have 21 inch wheels, and the stated range is 446, not 516. The longer range only applies to 19 inch wheels. So instead of getting 79% of the EPA range, you're getting closer to 90%.

If you're saying 42psi, that means you have 21 inch wheels, and the stated range is 446, not 516. The longer range only applies to 19 inch wheels. So instead of getting 79% of the EPA range, you're getting closer to 90%.
Yes I’m aware I have a DE P with 21 inch rims. I’m getting same about same % of EPA as car and driver. Actually a little lower. About 350 miles on a full charge.

I don’t think the range calculator in the car is using any onboard information for its calculations.
It’s not And woefully inaccurate. On my recent trip, it said 160 miles of range at the destination when I began the trip. I ended with only 50.

It’s not And woefully inaccurate. On my recent trip, it said 160 miles of range at the destination when I began the trip. I ended with only 50.
yea. i noticed that their remaining range is a simple estimation of what the current estimation is minus the distance to destination.

Seems to me with inaccurate range information and an unreliable EA network I'll need to be extremely cautious planing charging stops on road trips.

Seems to me with inaccurate range information and an unreliable EA network I'll need to be extremely cautious planing charging stops on road trips.
I usually subtract 30% of total range for a better estimate. If my car shows 500miles remaining, I would estimate 350miles of actual road range.

Maybe I'm missing something??? 400 miles driving at 80 mph non-stop will take 5 hours.

View attachment 6490
View attachment 6491

My GT range estimate is very inaccurate.

my first 4000 miles gets 2.9 miles per kw with 21" wheels. fully charged battery can only drive 330 miles.

My GT range estimate is very inaccurate.

my first 4000 miles gets 2.9 miles per kw with 21" wheels. fully charged battery can only drive 330 miles.
There are a dozen threads about range at this point, and a lot of variance; are you on high regen? Is it cold where you are? Are you driving at 60-65? etc.

Back