Range estimation information with 2.0.24

I always use high regen and smooth mode. driving in northern California bay area.
mostly highway driving at 70 mph.
It is very hard for me to get pass 3 miles per kw.
I have a 2014 Tesla model S and also got around 3.1 miles/kw. I am not seeing better efficiency than Tesla model S.

The best way to estimate remaining miles is math unfortunately. The car likely has 109kw battery remaining after degradation, so multiply 109 by your %SOC then multiply that result by your average miles/kWh in the pilot panel and that will tell you your actual likely remaining range. Why the car itself can’t just do that for you is beyond me. Right now in freezing temps on 19” my average mi/kWh with stop/go driving is 2.4 mi/kWh, so at 80% SOC assuming 109kw total battery capacity my range would be 210 miles remaining if I was at 80% SOC.

The best way to estimate remaining miles is math unfortunately. The car likely has 109kw battery remaining after degradation, so multiply 109 by your %SOC then multiply that result by your average miles/kWh in the pilot panel and that will tell you your actual likely remaining range. Why the car itself can’t just do that for you is beyond me. Right now in freezing temps on 19” my average mi/kWh with stop/go driving is 2.4 mi/kWh, so at 80% SOC assuming 109kw total battery capacity my range would be 210 miles remaining if I was at 80% SOC.
I ask Alexa to do the math.

The highest range I saw was during drive back home from California. Long drives every day with little stopping. Also, two lane roads with speeds in the 50-80+ range.

Stops were for charging/lunch and at destination.

3.3-3.6. I used ABRP so wasn't ever trying to be conservative in driving.

Last edited:
Lucid GT with 21" wheels, the advertised EPA range is around 460 miles.

If dividing 460miles by 109 kw, should equal to 4.2miles per kw. I can only get 70% of the rated mileage.
I would like to know if any of Lucid owner got average more than 4 miles/kw with 21" wheels.
I am extremely disappointed with the efficiency of my GT.

If dividing 460miles by 109 kw, should equal to 4.2miles per kw. I can only get 70% of the rated mileage.
I would like to know if any of Lucid owner got average more than 4 miles/kw with 21" wheels.

Disappointed??? That's 322 miles, where are you going?

I have a DE Performance. In the summer, on road trips when I’m going 65-70 (which I only do if I’m aiming for range), I have gotten 3.5-3.6 on my 21s, which is about 420mi, pretty close to the rated range of 451mi. I got around 4-4.2 on the 19s, which is even better, and actually beats the 19” DE-P rated range.

The catch was: it was summer, so the car was warm, I drove like a grandma, and I had zero fun doing it. Hell, I had ACC on most of the time (this was before HA).

The point is, you *can* do it in ideal conditions, but it’s not going to happen when it’s cold outside or you’re going up hills.

Now I just drive how I want to drive, and stop as needed; the fun is far more worth it than the range ego, and I find either my wife or I want to pee anyway. 😂

Highway drive right after a charge in 35 degrees temperatures on 70-80mph highway.
3.6 mi/kw
Happy with the results!
IMG_20221229_141658_1.jpg

Then after I hit 3.6 I was satisfied and then did spirited driving for the rest of the trip LOL
IMG_20221229_181223_1.jpg

I’m on 21” and did 94% EPA 3~4 times. I even hit 3.9 mi/kWh briefly. Below is link of my test parameters. It was fine at exterior temperature 86F post summer. Now winter solstice just passed, I’m seeing only 3.3 mi/kWh briefly at 55F if I drive on moderate congested highway.

https://lucidowners.com/threads/my-best-efficient-yet-94-epa-agt21”.2269/

I wasn’t going down hill, I was doing a round trip tests dropping off passengers, so the minor elevation delta should be nullified. If I turned off AC and without 2 passengers, I think I might even hit or passed EPA. Yes, EPA 4.2 mi/kWh is fantasy, but I do think it is possible. The key is really ideal climate to keep battery warm and torturous driving at close to 50~55 mph steadily.

My lifetime 6100 miles is 3.0 mi/kWh. 15% of time I drive in Sprint mode. Most of time I get in between 2.4 ~ 3.4 range, that’s 270 miles ~ 380 miles range. It bothered me at beginning of ownership thinking false advertisement at 469 miles bc I only got ~80% of EPA. Now I don’t care anymore, bc compare to every car out there in the market are also mostly ~80% EPA in real world number, and my EV is still 100~200+ miles (40%~120%) ahead of everyone else’ capacity.

F0EC8C71-17C8-4D8B-963E-77FB2FD04683.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m on 21” and did 94% EPA 3~4 times. I even hit 3.9 mi/kWh briefly. Below is link of my test parameters. It was fine at exterior temperature 86F post summer. Now winter solstice just passed, I’m seeing only 3.3 mi/kWh briefly at 55F if I drive on moderate congested highway.

I wasn’t going down hill, I was doing a round trip tests dropping off passengers, so the minor elevation delta should be nullified. If I turned off AC and without 2 passengers, I think I might even hit or passed EPA. Yes, EPA 4.2 mi/kWh is fantasy, but I do think it is possible. The key is really ideal climate to keep battery warm and torturous driving at close to 50~55 mph steadily.

My lifetime 6100 miles is 3.0 mi/kWh. 15% of time I drive in Sprint mode. Most of time I get in between 2.4 ~ 3.4 range, that’s 270 miles ~ 380 miles range. It bothered me at beginning of ownership thinking false advertisement at 469 miles bc I only got ~80% of EPA. Now I don’t care anymore, bc compare to every car out there in the market are also mostly ~80% EPA in real world number, and my EV is still 100~200+ miles (40%~120%) ahead of everyone else’ capacity.

View attachment 8111
It was weirdly disconcertingly warm in Providence today (57F) and I got 4.6 mi/kWh on my commute home from work. If it’s 20 degrees I get 2.4. Temperature is the biggest factor I think.

View attachment 8111
thanks for the information. I drove 5500 miles on my GT. The average was only 3miles per KW. always drive on smooth mode and mostly highway with max. regen.

Back