Quick question about insurance

windscar911

Verified Owner
Cars
Air, 911
First off, delivery day tomorrow!

Second, no one has asked me to prep car insurance before heading over to delivery.
Should I just go ahead and set that up for tomorrow?

Absolutely! I cannot believe they have not asked for that yet. I had to send them the insurance binder ahead of time.

Good luck tomorrow and enjoy!

Insurance: start early.

Been trying to bust into Liberty Mutual (avoid them) for going on two weeks now. Every day I spend an hour or two trying to get one car added. Nope. What they will do is let you jump through hoops for 30 minutes, then tell you: " Nah...we're not going to help you today. Why don't you get in the phone tree and listen to a computer voice / elevator music for a hour. Nobody will take your call."

You can not do this easily. You will have to call. I wish Lucid would have a press conference and tell the insurance industry they are selling cars now. Nobody at Liberty Mutual has heard of Lucid.

I've used Geico (yeah yeah, I know) for a while, took under 5 minutes to add the Lucid Air to my policy from tomorrow. I should be all set.

I have already two car insurance with three drivers from Liberty and paying for three car about $2800 and now adding 2090 for Lucid total premium for three car and three drivers yearly goes to 4890 with $500 Deductible. I need to shop for good insurance since my insurance looks higher. I am in Texas. Any suggestion or recommendation for Texas Houston/Sugar Land is highly appreciated.

I have already two car insurance with three drivers from Liberty and paying for three car about $2800 and now adding 2090 for Lucid total premium for three car and three drivers yearly goes to 4890 with $500 Deductible. I need to shop for good insurance since my insurance looks higher. I am in Texas. Any suggestion or recommendation for Texas Houston/Sugar Land is highly appreciated.
Try Progressive Online. From my experience-best rates.

My husband's first stop after picking up the car was to go to AAA and put it on our insurance. Lucid didn't ask for anything when we picked it up.
AAA wanted a ridiculous amount for it, $6200 year. So we paid for the first month, and looked around for something else. I ended up with Safeco for about half the price and much better coverage.

We have State Farm. $853.10 / 6 months with:

Bodily Injury Coverage
Limit Per Accident $500,000
Limit Per Person $250,000

$75.78 / 6 mos

Property Damage Coverage
Limit Per Accident $100,000

$71.49 / 6 mos

Other Than Collision Deductible
Deductible $500

$160.58 / 6 mos

Collision Coverage
Deductible $500

$466.83 / 6 mos

Uninsured/Underinsured Motor Vehicle Coverage
Limit Per Person $100,000
Limit Per Accident $300,000
Uninsured/Underinsured Property Damage (under Uninsured/Underinsured BIPD) Coverage
Limit Per Accident $50,000

$62.87 / 6 mos

Personal Injury Protection Coverage
Aggregate Limit $10,000

$14.23 / 6 mos

Emergency Road Service Coverage
$1.32 / 6 mos

I thrashed around getting several bids and wound up with Progressive Online with a total package for all my insurance needs.

Check out the Insurance Megathread.

I went with Toggle, one of the newer rebranded products from Farmers Insurance. The rate was decent (Chicago, 30y/o male, clean driving record, but didn't have a license between 2018-2022)
screenshot-from-2023-01-27-04-53-14-png.9054

Ended up actually needing to make a claim at the end of December and it was surprisingly painless.

My husband's first stop after picking up the car was to go to AAA and put it on our insurance. Lucid didn't ask for anything when we picked it up.
AAA wanted a ridiculous amount for it, $6200 year. So we paid for the first month, and looked around for something else. I ended up with Safeco for about half the price and much better coverage.
Lol! I was quoted $7500 with them! What a joke! They then wouldn’t stop emailing and calling me saying “we can do better”. I told them to “F Off” and stop calling me.

I’m in the process of moving from Progressive to Geico as Geico came in $500 cheaper with a $1000 cheaper deductible. Progressive was $1500 and Geico was $1000. I’m based in SoCal

My experience with buying new cars is that they (the dealer) verify that I have insurance (not specific to the car being purchased, just an auto policy).

I usually let my insurance co. know in advance, but they seem to not care until I actually have the car, and assure me that I am covered as long as I inform them of the new car within X days,.

The rules about insurance vary by state. Many states have mandatory insurance, and in most of those you can't take delivery of a car without having insured it first.

LOL @ AAA. They just quoted me $784/mo!!!

I'm with Geico now, $3900/year
So strange about how it varies so drastically even in the same state with a clean record. Geico will basically be $2000 a year for me compared to $3000 with Progressive 100K/300K/100K. My deductible with Progressive was $2500 compared to Geico's $1500 collision \ $500 accidental damage.

Insured my GT last May; I had Hartford but they wouldn’t touch it(“what’s a Lucid?”) I had great success with Liberty Mutual. I moved our house policy and our two other cars(one just an old beater truck) as one new package with Liberty and it only raised my insurance $1,300/year

Back