QC and CSR issues with new Lucid Air Touring

synapse007

Air Touring delivered April 15th from Chicago center to midwest city. Took car for test ride on April 16th - Turtle mode came on within 8 miles of driving on the first drive. Car would not go above 35 mph. Got off the Freeway with a line of angry cars behind me. Called Lucid Air - They said someone would contact me next day. No one contacted me. I called again the day after. CSR said since it wasn't an emergency, I was in a queue and they would call me. Finally got a call. I asked how this new car made it out of quality control - CSR said "You do know we are startup correct ?" Tech arrived home for diagnostics. He said that the front battery train oil pump is not working.

Car towed back to MI 1 week from delivery date. Then no updates. I called CSR, again told someone will contact me. Waited 3 days - No call. Called Service center myself - Told pump ordered - Not sure where it is - Someone will call me back with update. Waited 3 more days - NO one called me. Chatted with CSR who says he is at headquaters and someone will call me. Chat replies takes 10-15 minutes between each text. No one calls me . Called Service center again - Was told pump is getting a new Revision, not sure where it is yet. My car also has a panel gap with one piece jutting out - Asked if Dues bills will be addressed in the service. Tech tells he is not aware of any dues bill. Asked him to look into it. I told him its frustrating to get a new 100k car that I have not be able to drive yet. He empathizes with my situation and then tells me "We will get the car back to you but we cannot promise it will be in perfect condition !"

That last statement sums up my experience - Lucid cannot promise a working car for 100k and it feels like its company policy to BETA TEST on their customers after selling a fully priced "luxury car." Really disappointed that NO one at Lucid cares once the car is sold and paid for. Definitely NOT a luxury car experience.

I am not sure who to contact to get my car back to me in working order and in a timely manner ? Please help me with suggestions. Thanks !

I am really sorry that this is happening to you. I hope that Lucid really steps up their communication since that seems to be the biggest problem.

@mcr16 Can you help?

I would suggest skipping the CSR and only dealing with the Service Center. Get the direct phone number to the manager at the service center. Lucid should have guided you to that outcome. Here in AZ, we deal with the service center only and get parts from factory quickly. But you should not have to wait more than extra day due to your location.

Wow, this incident is shameful. Hope you get this reconciled soon.

The staff cuts are manifesting!

I would suggest skipping the CSR and only dealing with the Service Center. Get the direct phone number to the manager at the service center. Lucid should have guided you to that outcome. Here in AZ, we deal with the service center only and get parts from factory quickly. But you should not have to wait more than extra day due to your location.
+1, deal directly with the service center and get the direct number of the service member responsible for you. Here in Millbrae, for example, they will text directly with you and they should be able to get you a loaner. I'm sorry this happened to you. The car is awesome once they can get it back to you!

We had a similar experience in the beginning of our ownership of the vehicle. You have every right to feel upset. However, once they addressed the issues all has been well since. It’s an unfortunate growing pain all owners experience in some manner. It will get better if you have the patience it may take.

We had a similar experience in the beginning of our ownership of the vehicle. You have every right to feel upset. However, once they addressed the issues all has been well since. It’s an unfortunate growing pain all owners experience in some manner. It will get better if you have the patience it may take.
Very sorry about the issue(s) your car had. I'll take exception to "all owners" though. My GT has been fine through seven months of ownership.

Air Touring delivered April 15th from Chicago center to midwest city. Took car for test ride on April 16th - Turtle mode came on within 8 miles of driving on the first drive. Car would not go above 35 mph. Got off the Freeway with a line of angry cars behind me. Called Lucid Air - They said someone would contact me next day. No one contacted me. I called again the day after. CSR said since it wasn't an emergency, I was in a queue and they would call me. Finally got a call. I asked how this new car made it out of quality control - CSR said "You do know we are startup correct ?" Tech arrived home for diagnostics. He said that the front battery train oil pump is not working.

Car towed back to MI 1 week from delivery date. Then no updates. I called CSR, again told someone will contact me. Waited 3 days - No call. Called Service center myself - Told pump ordered - Not sure where it is - Someone will call me back with update. Waited 3 more days - NO one called me. Chatted with CSR who says he is at headquaters and someone will call me. Chat replies takes 10-15 minutes between each text. No one calls me . Called Service center again - Was told pump is getting a new Revision, not sure where it is yet. My car also has a panel gap with one piece jutting out - Asked if Dues bills will be addressed in the service. Tech tells he is not aware of any dues bill. Asked him to look into it. I told him its frustrating to get a new 100k car that I have not be able to drive yet. He empathizes with my situation and then tells me "We will get the car back to you but we cannot promise it will be in perfect condition !"

That last statement sums up my experience - Lucid cannot promise a working car for 100k and it feels like its company policy to BETA TEST on their customers after selling a fully priced "luxury car." Really disappointed that NO one at Lucid cares once the car is sold and paid for. Definitely NOT a luxury car experience.

I am not sure who to contact to get my car back to me in working order and in a timely manner ? Please help me with suggestions. Thanks !
Hi, @synapse007.

I am sorry to hear of your frustration. The team has been made aware, and someone will be in contact.

Marqie

Hello,

Thanks for everyone who responded. Lucid representative contacted me over the weekend and updated me that the pump is on its way with ETA this Tuesday/ Wednesday to service center.

I agree that communication is the biggest gap. Most of that can be potentially solved with automated messages - For eg. Post tow -Car reached service center, Part ordered. Part ETA. Service started, Car return ETA, etc This could be achieved with simple text messages, emails tied to their workflow logistics.

Another area of improvement is offering written documentation for rental car, etc - I didn't need one but some customers may and they shouldn't have to struggle getting one if they desire/need it. I received nothing in writing/ email about my options.

My family member ordered Lucid Air Touring at the same time as me - Delivered through Houston center and had a flawless experience. I got to drive their car and its a superb experience ! I own a Tesla vehicle and like the vision Lucid brings to EV market -open charging standards, larger range, etc

I am hoping to get my car back in a reasonable turn-around time and enjoying it ! (Fingers crossed)

Will keep this forum updated ..

Back