Puddle Lights

Briboynyc

Cars
Air Touring
It would have been cool if Lucid added custom logos to their puddle lights. Lots of other high end manufacturers include that or there are after market options but I cannot find any websites that do aftermarket puddle lights. I did get one from Amazon, but you have to attach it to the bottom of the door storage and then also charge it once a month which is not very convenient

It would have been cool if Lucid added custom logos to their puddle lights. Lots of other high end manufacturers include that or there are after market options but I cannot find any websites that do aftermarket puddle lights. I did get one from Amazon, but you have to attach it to the bottom of the door storage and then also charge it once a month which is not very convenient
To each their own. I’m actually extremely glad Lucid doesn’t want to take their brand into that “bling” territory. The last thing the world needs is more logos.

To each their own. I’m actually extremely glad Lucid doesn’t want to take their brand into that “bling” territory. The last thing the world needs is more logos.
Agreed. The car is its own statement and branding.

Me and @Bobby are working on a custom replacement 😁

We picked this baby up yesterday and I happen to dig them! My dog likes them also.
1691820516280.jpeg

I was coming in here to say this exact thing. The brand logo puddle light thing is the most tacky thing I’ve ever seen on other vehicles. I desperately wanted to disable it on my EQS, it made me cringe each time.

I group the puddle light thing with the bear decal, both are bad. I am glad that Lucid did not do the puddle light and that we are not forced to put the ugly decal on our cars.
Shut up the bear decals are great leave me alone

Just put them on 2/4 doors so it's not tacky!

Smaller brushed aluminum bears both sides facing the front would be nice. Either way, yes it symbolizes “California inspired” but since when are bears a symbol of luxury, speed and agility? Most bears in California just look for food in people’s trash 😂

Smaller brushed aluminum bears both sides facing the front would be nice. Either way, yes it symbolizes “California inspired” but since when are bears a symbol of luxury, speed and agility? Most bears in California just look for food in people’s trash 😂
In Native American mythology: “The Native Bear Symbol represents strength, family, vitality courage and health. The bear is thoughtful and independent, with little need for fellowship. The bear is also self-contained and strong-willed in nature. A Bear is of great support and comfort to those who crave human company simply for personal reassurance rather than for the simple pleasure of being with friends. He makes lonely periods of life far easier.”

Here are some commonly shared meanings that are associated with bears:
  • Strength
  • Protection and Courage
  • Ferocity
  • Nobility
  • Patience
  • Playfulness and Curiosity
  • Cuddliness

I think we've finally found the one topic with no plausible middle ground. 😄
Well, the middle ground would be to:
- make them a config option for a premium price (Porsche style)
- make them software toggle able

Either way it adds costs to the vehicle I dont think is justified.

What would be nice is puddle lights. What is obnoxious is branded puddle lights. It gets into that smelling your own fart territory like that South Park episode. Yes I know what brand my car is, so do other people, just give me a damn generic light aimed close to the bottom of the car as it's nice to have that extra illumination (if it's subtle) so I can see in the dark.

I understand that this thread is bordering religion and politics, but I just have to say that people with bear stickers on their cars shouldn't judge those of us with puddle light aspirations. Atleast you can turn off a puddle light, while that bear sticker is like getting a tattoo while drunk. That is all. 😂

Haha I’ve come around to the Bear sticker, don’t know why it’s grown on me, but I probably need to drink less.

What would be nice is puddle lights. What is obnoxious is branded puddle lights. It gets into that smelling your own fart territory like that South Park episode. Yes I know what brand my car is, so do other people, just give me a damn generic light aimed close to the bottom of the car as it's nice to have that extra illumination (if it's subtle) so I can see in the dark.
I think you managed to find the middle ground. Unbranded puddle light, you are practical and somewhat hip. Branded puddle light and you are a fart smelling dork. 😎

Back