Price war continues, Model-S just dropped 10k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don’t hate on me. There are many sides to this story.
I’m happy with my Lucid Air Touring. I have owned 2 model S cars in the past and I’m not interested in swapping my Lucid for a model S plaid.
However, this is a wonderful time to be alive! The opportunity to buy a 1020 hp car that will do 0-60 in about 2 seconds, and the 1/4 mile in 9.23 for under $90k is truly astounding. I remember, not too long ago, when a 0-60 under 2.5 seconds was Bugatti territory with a price over 3 million. If all you want is unrefined acceleration, the model S plaid is a steal.
If you want more luxury, refinement, and the most advanced motor/battery in a production car, well, you know where to look.

Please don’t hate on me. There are many sides to this story.
I’m happy with my Lucid Air Touring. I have owned 2 model S cars in the past and I’m not interested in swapping my Lucid for a model S plaid.
However, this is a wonderful time to be alive! The opportunity to buy a 1020 hp car that will do 0-60 in about 2 seconds, and the 1/4 mile in 9.23 for under $90k is truly astounding. I remember, not too long ago, when a 0-60 under 2.5 seconds was Bugatti territory with a price over 3 million. If all you want is unrefined acceleration, the model S plaid is a steal.
If you want more luxury, refinement, and the most advanced motor/battery in a production car, well, you know where to look.
I do think that the plaid is an amazing deal. The touring(ONLY the 0 60 of it) cannot be compared to the model s plaid. However, there is no reason to get the long range model s. The pure is a bit more money, but it is better in all ways.(except for the rear screen and glass roof)

I actually tested a model s and touring back to back yesterday. The rear seat space was shockingly different, and the 40-80 acceleration of the lucid seemed better to me. After the drive, I can certainly say that we are going ahead with our reservation.

I do think that the plaid is an amazing deal. The touring(ONLY the 0 60 of it) cannot be compared to the model s plaid. However, there is no reason to get the long range model s. The pure is a bit more money, but it is better in all ways.(except for the rear screen and glass roof)

I actually tested a model s and touring back to back yesterday. The rear seat space was shockingly different, and the 40-80 acceleration of the lucid seemed better to me. After the drive, I can certainly say that we are going ahead with our reservation.
That 40-80 acceleration is a big big big deal.

That 40-80 acceleration is a big big big deal.
It felt like it would keep going, which I have never experienced. Dont forget, this is “only” the touring.. I dont even WANT to sit in a sapphire now!

I have several friends who feel betrayed by the price cuts. They really should have offered existing customers who purchased last year free FSD or maybe a deal on solar or power walls. A lot of Lucid’s opportunity is picking up these disgruntled Tesla owners.
what did lucid offer their customers for the sudden price drops they made?

To put the price war in perspective Tesla owners have been slapped in the face repeatedly…

IMG_0522.jpeg

I care more about that than the 0-60. Makes fast highway driving fun and can get you out of driving situations you don't want to be in.
I agree but also want to know how the car does on 65-100 when needing to pass on a high speed road. 0-60 for an electric car is a relatively meaningless measure.

What price drops? The one where they reverted to legacy pricing? Those decreases are nothing compared to teslas decreases..
yes, lucid dropped it 12,400 plus they offered the pro options for free. so actually lucid dropped it over 25,000 maybe even 27,000 with one price drop. what are they doing for the people that bought recently?

yes, lucid dropped it 12,400 plus they offered the pro options for free. so actually lucid dropped it over 25,000 maybe even 27,000 with one price drop. what are they doing for the people that bought recently?
Depends on if they bought new or inventory

To put the price war in perspective Tesla owners have been slapped in the face repeatedly…

View attachment 14672

This is not manifestation of price tweak, but yielding of either over-price margin or fire sale to toke up demand to supply and to meet its claimed yearly growth target.

I agree but also want to know how the car does on 65-100 when needing to pass on a high speed road. 0-60 for an electric car is a relatively meaningless measure.
I think that 65-100 is a useful statistic, but not more so than 40-80. After all, 100 is way over the speed limit..(i live in nj where 65 is commonplace)

This is not manifestation of price tweak, but yielding of either over-price margin or fire sale to toke up demand to supply and to meet its claimed yearly growth target.
did tesla offer their customers something if they bought between the price drops to match the most recent one?

did tesla offer their customers something if they bought between the price drops to match the most recent one?
Nope. Their logic is, “if we increase the price, would you take the price increase?”
I normally dont like tesla and their business, but this makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back