Not open for further replies.

Tesla2.0

Referral Code - F0ZQ8SWA
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
Tesla dropped both Model-S and Model-X $10K with newer version in reduced range.

C4097282-B665-4D24-A26C-C1BCCC0ED450.jpeg

0449C3BE-7C4F-44BB-B994-0C73491E7843.jpeg

Kind of tacky imo after Pure dropped price and added features. Tesla dropped by reduced features.
Important point that prospective EV buyers should know, but do they?
BTW, I've seen Lucid ad on NYTimes a number of times. Glad their PR dept is active.

Great way to further isolate your loyal customers.

Longer 0-60 time, too, so presumably they've also limited the power?

Such a weird move. Regular LR was around that price in June. Lucid Pure is a no brainer over that low range model.

Tesla dropped both Model-S and Model-X $10K with newer version in reduced range.

View attachment 14262
View attachment 14261
On one hand, this demonstrates what Lucid may price the gravity at.
On the other hand, the new standard range is worse than the pure in ALL concievable ways.
78000 should be the price of the actual 405 mile model s IMO, because that is the only one that competes with the pure.

Such a weird move. Regular LR was around that price in June. Lucid Pure is a no brainer over that low range model.

Even that Model X range and LR price is helping Rivian R1S to be more compelling.

In addition, if we try to match up prices...
1692114317396.png

Tesla really did screw up these price changes.

And despite Rivian shows less efficiency than Tesla in EPA range at 2.15 mi/kWh. Like Porsche’s EPA range, that is so easy to sandbag. Rivian 260mi EPA range will for sure do much farther than Tesla 269mi EPA range.

And despite Rivian shows less efficiency than Tesla in EPA range at 2.15 mi/kWh. Like Porsche’s EPA range, that is so easy to sandbag. Rivian 260mi EPA range will for sure do much farther than Tesla 269mi EPA range.
I'd be willing to bet that the tesla will have below 230 with occasional below 200 real world ranges.

Proof 2.6 > 2.15 EPA

Model X really needs higher range or else just keep going to charging stations

83C672D0-0236-4555-B90A-0890E76E0B92.jpeg

R1S doesn’t offer Max pack yet. They have to figure out where they find space. Perhaps from down grading Quad-Motors to Dual-Motors.

Model X prices dropped again. Now to match Rivian R1S prices?

The Pure should be quite competitive at these prices for luxury EV buyer. I was approached on Wednesday in the grocery store parking lot who asked about my Lucid only to go off on a rant that he should never have bought a Tesla. He was so upset that Tesla dropped the price of his model S plaid by $50k and the car isn't even close to as elegant as the Lucid. He will never buy Tesla again. He can't even sell it as it is now instantly worth less.

I’m so glad I didn’t go through with a plaid 2 years ago. It looks just like my last two model S. I’m just happened to stumble across a pre production Lucid dream that put me on this path. I was at a cars and coffee this morning and a friend echoed the same sentiment. He just bought his wife a BMW EV , would not consider the Tesla due to a 12 year old design ( I couldn’t convince him to buy a Lucid as he is a financial manager and is concerned about Lucids stock woes) His loss unfortunately

Model X prices dropped again. Now to match Rivian R1S prices?

The Pure should be quite competitive at these prices for luxury EV buyer. I was approached on Wednesday in the grocery store parking lot who asked about my Lucid only to go off on a rant that he should never have bought a Tesla. He was so upset that Tesla dropped the price of his model S plaid by $50k and the car isn't even close to as elegant as the Lucid. He will never buy Tesla again. He can't even sell it as it is now instantly worth less.
I have several friends who feel betrayed by the price cuts. They really should have offered existing customers who purchased last year free FSD or maybe a deal on solar or power walls. A lot of Lucid’s opportunity is picking up these disgruntled Tesla owners.

With these price cuts, It seems Gravity should have an entry trim of around 75K. It should drive more sales with the tax credit (under 80K SUV) and provide a better range than competitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back