Price war continues, Model-S just dropped 10k

Status
Not open for further replies.
did tesla offer their customers something if they bought between the price drops to match the most recent one?

Not that I’m aware of and many Tesla customers are venting out in social media with drastic endless cutting.

Lucid extended summer promotion to September. Lucid’s reverted to legacy price of 2021.

Tesla is market maker, they are crashing down the price. Every auto maker follow, just not as drastic as Tesla’s “price tweaks”.

Nope. Their logic is, “if we increase the price, would you take the price increase?”
I normally dont like tesla and their business, but this makes perfect sense.
do you know if lucid is offering anything to their customers?

Not that I’m aware of and many Tesla customers are venting out in social media with drastic endless cutting.

Lucid extended summer promotion to September. Lucid’s reverted to legacy price of 2021.

Tesla is market maker, they are crashing down the price. Every auto maker follow, just not as drastic as Tesla’s “price tweaks”.
i am curious to hear if lucid will offer better customer service than tesla has with compensating their customers with credits since their price drops went back to legacy pricing for the few that bought when the pricing went up and now it is back down even more as they offered pro packages for free now.

interested in hearing if anyone knows what lucid will do?

Nothing! We are happy with our cars. That’s our compensation. Lucid’s post delivery service is top notch that Tesla cannot rival in that area. Please don’t keep comparing.

Nothing. There's nothing to do. Prices go up. Prices go down. It's a fact of life. You've asked the question 10 times in this thread already. Get past it.
i am just replying to each person that writes me. it is called being considerate. replying to people that comment back. but i have never seen car prices go up and down before as they do with ev's

Nothing! We are happy with our cars. That’s our compensation. Lucid’s post delivery service is top notch that Tesla cannot rival in that area. Please don’t keep comparing.
understood. thank u for your reply. i was just curious if they were offering compensation. like a price match policy if a price goes down within 30 days of buying something at a retailer.

With these price cuts, It seems Gravity should have an entry trim of around 75K. It should drive more sales with the tax credit (under 80K SUV) and provide a better range than competitors
It would be a huge mistake for Lucid to start competing on price against old inferior outdated products like Tesla S and X. Makes no sense. Gravity should be priced $5-10k higher than Air because it has that much more cost to it.

A lot of the owners on this forum are also stockholders and we'd all be happy if Lucid can maintain a healthy outlook with robust balance sheet.
IMO, that's a lot more meaningful and significant than some form of compensation for the early adopters, none of whom, as far as I can see, has asked for anything here. Or may be some did, but certainly not a chorus.

I had a '22 Model S (refresh) and the price volatility was really discouraging during my one year of ownership. Fortunately I bought it when the prices were still a bit lower, saw an increase, and then sold it before they dropped significantly so I didn't take too much of a hit. A new one can now be purchased for $10k less than what I sold my used one for earlier in the year.

I always felt like the Tesla was drastically overpriced (interior quality, ride quality) for what I paid, which made the pricing volatility more stressful. The Lucid Touring on the other hand feels like such a step up for the money that I don't find myself focusing on the price changes as much. Every time I drive it I feel like the car is worth a premium. I obviously don't like to see pricing adjustments, but at this point I'm also rooting for Lucid to continue to build market momentum and be able to continue to deliver great software updates and innovation for their current owners.

Yeah completely agree if I spend 100k plus for a car it should have like 100k plus worth of components and materials so I feel like the company actually valued what they put in their car beyond just software

See @blueice89 ’s comments from yesterday at 3:33. Not even close to the same thing.
As far as I know Lucid owners were offered original pricing for options that saw a decrease in price, IE, if they were buying a new car they were offered the options credit.
They do not see the new pricing though just the credit for options. Thats just what I have heard.
Lucid price drops just bring it back to legacy pricing before price increases. Tesla is just dropping price multiple times in year resulting in like 40k+ in price drops.

As far as I know Lucid owners were offered original pricing for options that saw a decrease in price, IE, if they were buying a new car they were offered the options credit.
They do not see the new pricing though just the credit for options. Thats just what I have heard.
Lucid price drops just bring it back to legacy pricing before price increases. Tesla is just dropping price multiple times in year resulting in like 40k+ in price drops.
is lucid offering anyone that bought in may or june or july that paid 12,400 more a refund?

is lucid offering anyone that bought in may or june or july that paid 12,400 more a refund?
No. Now will you please stop asking this question?

In a forum, thats not how it works. If that was the case, everybody would be using direct messages. Here, we can all comment on ANYTHING that is posted.
understood. if i was bothering them i just wanted them to know that. thank you! i cannot believe lucid did not offer anyone compensation. does lucid management see this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back