Pretty happy with the life of a single full charge

tuccur

Cars
Lucid Air Dream Edition P
DE Number
I charged my DE to 100% when I brought it home. Haven't plugged it in since. I have taken it for a handful of short drives. I wake it up often with the app to check on it, and force it to connect. I go sit in it and listen to music and get a massage occasionally. And from March 23rd when it was charged to 100%, it currently is at 31%. I'm really impressed. Granted, I don't drive it often, but I'd say about 120 miles in the last month. I'm not getting technical with calculations, but for not having charged at all in 4 weeks is amazing.

Glad that you like it!

Have you noticed a vampire drain? Like does the battery lose a certain percentage each day from just sitting there?

I charged my DE to 100% when I brought it home. Haven't plugged it in since. I have taken it for a handful of short drives. I wake it up often with the app to check on it, and force it to connect. I go sit in it and listen to music and get a massage occasionally. And from March 23rd when it was charged to 100%, it currently is at 31%. I'm really impressed. Granted, I don't drive it often, but I'd say about 120 miles in the last month. I'm not getting technical with calculations, but for not having charged at all in 4 weeks is amazing.
Where do you find % indicator? I have GT, I don’t find anywhere like Tesla interface.

I charged my DE to 100% when I brought it home. Haven't plugged it in since. I have taken it for a handful of short drives.

I'd recommend you don't make a practice of this. Fully charging a Li-Ion battery and letting it sit is a recipe for forming dendrites which degrade the battery. That's why Lucid recommends you set the charge limit between 50-80% for daily driving. You should only charge near 100% in preparation for a long trip which you are going to commence soon after charging.

I'd recommend you don't make a practice of this. Fully charging a Li-Ion battery and letting it sit is a recipe for forming dendrites which degrade the battery. That's why Lucid recommends you set the charge limit between 50-80% for daily driving. You should only charge near 100% in preparation for a long trip which you are going to commence soon after charging.
Maybe that partly explained my range loss of over 30 miles overnight. I’d fully charged the car because it was gonna be at the PPF/ceramic place for a couple weeks and I didn’t want it to sit there and run out of juice accidentally if they have the doors open/key fob near it etc, but maybe I caused my own problem!

Maybe that partly explained my range loss of over 30 miles overnight. I’d fully charged the car because it was gonna be at the PPF/ceramic place for a couple weeks and I didn’t want it to sit there and run out of juice accidentally if they have the doors open/key fob near it etc, but maybe I caused my own problem!

Hmmm . . . I don't know enough about the science of this to know whether fully charging could cause that much phantom loss. Maybe the car is programmed to drain the battery down from full charge if it sits too long near full charge? (There has been some suspicion that Lucid doesn't put much of a buffer at the upper end of the charge state, so maybe this is their way of reducing the risk of battery degradation?)

When I had the radar installed in our Model S Plaid, the battery charge dropped very quickly while the car was in the shop for a week. I had to take the charge cable to the shop for them to charge the car off their 110-volt outlet for a couple of days before I could get the car home. When I took the Lucid in, I took the cable with me and had them keep the car plugged in during the installation. When I picked the car up, it was at the 80% charge limit I had set.

I charged my battery to full and let it sit for a week. Lost about 1-2 miles per day. But 30 miles?? Sounds excessive.

Maybe you really did not lose that range and it is a result of the battery temperature and Lucid's SOC algorithm. I have asked customer care to tell me more on how SOC is determined but so far they have not given me any answer.

I’ve seen some posts where people suspect battery drain from car not going to sleep or from app use. Dunno if that is a factor

I would be upset with losses of 30 miles per day. Leave the car the airport for a week without >50% charge and it might be dead.

I’ve left my I pace parked for three days and lost only 1%.

Our Volvo XC40 EV loses no charge while parked. Our Tesla Model 3, about half a percent per day.

I’ve seen some posts where people suspect battery drain from car not going to sleep or from app use. Dunno if that is a factor

I would be upset with losses of 30 miles per day. Leave the car the airport for a week without >50% charge and it might be dead.

I’ve left my I pace parked for three days and lost only 1%.
Yeah I’m almost positive it’s cuz I charged to 98% then left it sit overnight and it was 45 degrees also, but we’ll see what the Lucid service people say. When my charge was 50% it was losing more like 3-4 miles estimated range overnight.

When my charge was 50% it was losing more like 3-4 miles estimated range overnight.
Even that seems excessive. It is using almost 1kW of power just overnight? What is the car doing to draw that much power?

Yeah I’m almost positive it’s cuz I charged to 98% then left it sit overnight and it was 45 degrees also, but we’ll see what the Lucid service people say. When my charge was 50% it was losing more like 3-4 miles estimated range overnight.
3-4 miles sounds much better! Lol

Phew.

I’ll need to be more observant, but at the moment I’d say I am not seeing any drop. E.g. not even 1 mile.
now I lock the car (push the handles in) and then leave my keys about 50’ away (With several walls in between)

my killer is the 1500’ of elevation change to-fro school drop off !

Even that seems excessive. It is using almost 1kW of power just overnight? What is the car doing to draw that much power?
Regulating the battery temperature, more common to lose that when it’s cold overnight, thafs what the Lucid tech told me.

Regulating the battery temperature, more common to lose that when it’s cold overnight, thafs what the Lucid tech told me.
Ok. What battery temp is the car trying to keep?

Ok. What battery temp is the car trying to keep?
Not sure, if I remember some cars optimum temp is like 80F but don’t know about the Lucid specifics. I think Kyle on out of spec motoring did a video on it?

I’ll need to be more observant, but at the moment I’d say I am not seeing any drop. E.g. not even 1 mile.
now I lock the car (push the handles in) and then leave my keys about 50’ away (With several walls in between)

my killer is the 1500’ of elevation change to-fro school drop off !
But don't you gain back most of what you lost on the reverse leg?

Back