Post/share your non-Lucid other car(s)! (ICE-appreciation thread?)

Am I the only one who's not infatuated with Porsche brand (in general)?
Cayman GTS maybe.
Test drove few of them (friends cars and such), great ride, I have to admit, but the looks? Effin' old, ugly, boring design.
I DO have a respect for s 911s, but would I ever consider buying it? Nope.

Flame suit on.

Cayman GTS maybe.
Test drove few of them (friends cars and such), great ride, I have to admit, but the looks? Effin' old, ugly, boring design.

Flame suit on.
Nope. 🤜🤛

Cayman GTS maybe.

Flame suit on.
Wait, have you seen the GT3 RS or the Cayman GT4?

Also, if you think that the understated porsche is boring, then what about the air? Genuinely curious. Then again, you do have a huracan.. so maybe that contributes to the "boring" porsche

And to answer the first question, no, you are not. Porsche are good, but not THAT much better than other companies. In engineering though they are unmatched(ever seen the 911 turbo s and its launch with 650 hp?)

I am more of an German/American guy, BMW and Dodge vipers are great! I absolutely HATE all Ferraris though. Lamborghinis will demolish them any day. And to me, japanese manufacturers seem to be putting shit on the market that aren't actually good, they just rely on their brand reputation. Koreans at least try...

Cayman GTS maybe.

Flame suit on.
Totally respect that. I feel exactly the same way. Only swap out Porsche with Ferrari.

Totally respect that. I feel exactly the same way. Only swap out Porsche with Ferrari.
Yup. Ferrari is stuck up, not good for performance, and their engines also sound worse than lamborghini. I dont see a reason to buy it other than for status!

And wait, you say that ferraris are understated design?

Cayman GTS maybe.

Flame suit on.
I can understand the "boring" aspect. But if you really get into the brand, you'll start to appreciate the subtle styling changes between generations.

Over the last 10 years Porsche has really.... sold out. I personally only really lust for the GT cars or an old Cayman R. And maybe the Cayman GTS with the turbo motor, because throwing e85 on that would be a riot.

Ferrari really has sold out too. Feels like around the 458 generation.

Cayman GTS maybe.

Flame suit on.
Then why are you posting in the "My other car is a Porshe" thread???🤣

I've got no beef with Porshes except that I couldn't afford them in my younger days. Here is my contribution - 2005 Mazda RX-8
238K miles, engine rebuilt at 160K. Still runs like a champ

Attachments

• 20230927_171357.jpg
    20230927_171357.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 56
Then why are you posting in the "My other car is a Porshe" thread???🤣

I've got no beef with Porshes except that I couldn't afford them in my younger days. Here is my contribution - 2005 Mazda RX-8
238K miles, engine rebuilt at 160K. Still runs like a champ
One of the most hated cars ever for some reason. I love the quirkiness, and its not like the rotary is bad.. it just couldn't live up to to the RX-7!
The RX-9 is rumored to be coming soon though..

I had first and second generation RX7's.
The RX8 was better. Of course I didn't have the third generation twin turbo fire breathing (and catching on fire 😬) RX7 - a big regret but also too expensive at the time.

And I'll believe the RX9 when I see it....
They have been talking about it ever since the "Vision concept" debuted in 2016. I got tired of waiting 😅

And I'll believe the RX9 when I see it....
They have been talking about it ever since the "Vision concept" debuted in 2016. I got tired of waiting 😅
Lol, we all wish.. but this time it looks reasonable with the CX-30 getting an electrified rotary, similar to what the RX9 should have.
1695863485007.png

And wait, you say that ferraris are understated design?
No. Not that part. Ha.

I totally respect Ferarris as works of art. And I get the appeal. Just totally not for me.

Back