• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Post/share your non-Lucid other car(s)! (ICE-appreciation thread?)

Oh man, you've driven Daytona? Only ever done it in VR and the banking made my neck hurt.
We race the road coarse so it breaks up the tri-oval. After the “bus stop” on the back stretch it’s flat out for nascar 3 and 4 and down the front straight. It’s an experience to be three wide on the banking.

We race the road coarse so it breaks up the tri-oval. After the “bus stop” on the back stretch it’s flat out for nascar 3 and 4 and down the front straight. It’s an experience to be three wide on the banking.
Living the dream. Got any in car video?

How does the Lucid handle the banking software and tractionwise, if you have taken it on track?

And that is a lovely corvette! Underrated track cars that are still somewhat good for a daily. You are living the LIFE with those trackers.

Shoutout to that BMW Z4 you got also!

How does the Lucid handle the banking software and tractionwise, if you have taken it on track?

And that is a lovely corvette! Underrated track cars that are still somewhat good for a daily. You are living the LIFE with those trackers.

Shoutout to that BMW Z4 you got also!
We have had the DE on track, but not Daytona. I was concerned how it would handle the banking as turning all the nannys off, is not a true “off”
I have since discussed with Lucid suspension engineer during Sapphire test drive and he indicated that with the current software both the DE and Sapphire should be ok on the banking.

It‘s feels odd to say, but with “only“ 500hp the 427 Vette seems tame compared to the DE. Convertible 6 speed manual I plan to keep that car for a long time. 2000lbs lighter than the DE, it’s more fun on the twisties. The DE will keep up, but it is a lot more work.

We thought it would be funny to do a wrap the Supra to make it look like a Z4, but the folks at Toyota Gazoo Racing have been so great to work with and I’m not sure they would appreciate the humor. 😂 The Toyota Supra GT4 has been a great car. Toyota did a lot of work to make it a proper race car.

We have had the DE on track, but not Daytona. I was concerned how it would handle the banking as turning all the nannys off, is not a true “off”
I have since discussed with Lucid suspension engineer during Sapphire test drive and he indicated that with the current software both the DE and Sapphire should be ok on the banking.

It‘s feels odd to say, but with “only“ 500hp the 427 Vette seems tame compared to the DE. Convertible 6 speed manual I plan to keep that car for a long time. 2000lbs lighter than the DE, it’s more fun on the twisties. The DE will keep up, but it is a lot more work.

We thought it would be funny to do a wrap the Supra to make it look like a Z4, but the folks at Toyota Gazoo Racing have been so great to work with and I’m not sure they would appreciate the humor. 😂 The Toyota Supra GT4 has been a great car. Toyota did a lot of work to make it a proper race car.
Wait, that was a real gt4, not just a body kit supra? I would love to see you racing it!

Agree with Ralph Lauren. Sorry no Google search image. Bought the Dino In 1985 the E-Type in 1991 and the Db9 in 2011.
Well-played sir, especially for those of us who know how those values have changed since you purchased them.

Please tell me you pulled all three into the driveway just for this picture/post. Then I'll feel less bad about spending similar amounts of energy staging my own pictures for this forum.
I was washing the two cars and it looked like a good photo op so I pulled the third EV into the middle!

Nov
Wait, that was a real gt4, not just a body kit supra? I would love to see you racing it!
Nov 10-12 at Sebring. Multi class racing. 74 cars. 31 in the GTO class. There will be 4 Supra GT4s racing a mix of BMW M4, Mercedes AMG, and Aston Martin GT4 cars. All 4 GT4 makes have been competitive. Also a Hyundai TCR car and a Ginnetta that have run well. TBR will be supporting 3 Supras. Will be a busy weekend.

Screenshot_20230925_224743_Photos.jpg

Standing Mile? That's very impressive. Love Macs. Er, particularly Big Macs!🙂

What's the 0-60 time on the middle one? 🤣
Love the style of the Jaguar... if I ever get another ICE car, the F-type is one that would be highly considered.
The only way to get it to 60 is to put it in neutral and go down an enormous hill.

Beautiful 968! What color is it? I have not seen a richer bright red color!
it's called Guards Red. A standard Porsche solid urethane color in the 1980s. I had a 944 in the same color. Unfortunately for me, police noticed and loved the red color as well.

Being a non clear coat, it would oxidize, but can be easily polished to the shine and depth you see in @Spin Doctor car. Plus Porsche put the solid colors on nice and thick. Before the days of microfiber- you bought cotton gauze by the bushel bag. And pure carnauba.....

it's called Guards Red. A standard Porsche solid urethane color in the 1980s. I had a 944 in the same color. Unfortunately for me, police noticed and loved the red color as well.

Being a non clear coat, it would oxidize, but can be easily polished to the shine and depth you see in @Spin Doctor car. Plus Porsche put the solid colors on nice and thick. Before the days of microfiber- you bought cotton gauze by the bushel bag. And pure carnauba.....
Am I right in saying that guards red is the color porsche uses for promotional materials of their GTS models? I thought it could be that, but the one on spins porsche looked brighter to me!

Back