• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Post/share your non-Lucid other car(s)! (ICE-appreciation thread?)

Am I right in saying that guards red is the color porsche uses for promotional materials of their GTS models? I thought it could be that, but the one on spins porsche looked brighter to me!
Brighter perhaps because unlike a clear coat, the amount of elbow grease and coats of wax were reflected in the finish. Pun intended

@Spin Doctor is the paint original?

Brighter perhaps because unlike a clear coat, the amount of elbow grease and coats of wax were reflected in the finish. Pun intended

@Spin Doctor is the paint original?
Mostly. The front bumper has been repainted at some point, and has a small patch of peeling clear coat. The rest appears original.

It’s a great “ten yard car” for sure, which is why I love it 😎

Looks good from ten yards … closer than that, it definitely has some ‘patina’ :)

Just saw this in CDG airport Paris
PXL_20231009_092536391.jpg
CDG airport Paris

Wait is Bugatti done making cars or something? I thought "end of production for Chiron" means they're just done making this model?

Edit: ahh they're going pure electric now. Makes sense. Those things were also monsters for maintenance costs. Practically had to take the whole car apart for a small maintenance.

Wait is Bugatti done making cars or something? I thought "end of production for Chiron" means they're just done making this model?

Edit: ahh they're going pure electric now. Makes sense. Those things were also monsters for maintenance costs. Practically had to take the whole car apart for a small maintenance.
Wait, they are not going pure electric. Rimac made a combustion V8 specifically for the bugatti brand, and that will be used as a hybrid. Bugatti will be positioned as a "timeless performance brand," Rimac the "cutting edge new technologies" brand. The next Bugatti should be out in 2024, no W16 sadly!

That makes more sense. But every article I saw on it spoke about electrification and last gas powered vehicle. So that was more confusing

That makes more sense. But every article I saw on it spoke about electrification and last gas powered vehicle. So that was more confusing
Electrification is the key word here! Most news sources get confused, and some don’t refer to hybrids as gas powered vehicles.

Wait, they are not going pure electric. Rimac made a combustion V8 specifically for the bugatti brand, and that will be used as a hybrid. Bugatti will be positioned as a "timeless performance brand," Rimac the "cutting edge new technologies" brand. The next Bugatti should be out in 2024, no W16 sadly!

No. V16 Cosworth naturally aspirated engine with like you said Rimac hybridity. Least that's the word.

Bugatti Mistral and Bolide production into early 2026.

New cat previewed in 2024 then 2026 release. ;)

10th of October 2020 what happened?

SSC Tuatara Nevada that's what. Anyway wasn't to be but you can have instead a nice fat one~

PDF that is. Secured two years ago quite legitimately by some 007 dude in England.

🤣

No. V16 Cosworth naturally aspirated engine with like you said Rimac hybridity. Least that's the word.

Bugatti Mistral and Bolide production into early 2026.

New cat previewed in 2024 then 2026 release. ;)
V16 Cosworth?? Does that even exist yet? Sounds like a beauty of an engine... and NA instead of quad turbos!

The issue with the mistral and bolide is that they are sold out..

V16 Cosworth?? Does that even exist yet? Sounds like a beauty of an engine... and NA instead of quad turbos!

The issue with the mistral and bolide is that they are sold out..

Well there's credible rumours. Absolutely nobody has denied it. Bugatti owners will not accept any twin turbocharged V8. They won't period.

The prices are creeping towards £5 million base price plus options and taxes.

Rolls Royces yes special commissions but £30 million? Unbelievably.

Well there's credible rumours. Absolutely nobody has denied it. Bugatti owners will not accept any twin turbocharged V8. They won't period.

The prices are creeping towards £5 million base price plus options and taxes.

Rolls Royces yes special commissions but £30 million? Unbelievably.
Yeah, but at least RR is one of the most beautiful car in existence. This particular model IMHO.

Bugattis, (fronts especially) on the other hand are, as butt ugly, as butt ugly Martians.

Yeah, but at least RR is one of the most beautiful car in existence. This particular model IMHO.

Bugattis, (fronts especially) on the other hand are, as butt ugly, as butt ugly Martians.

I think the Koenigsegg Regera looks like an angry bull frog on cocaine. So what? Opinions.😍

And the Pininfarina Battista is a supermodel compared to that RR nice as it is it's more like a Milton Keynes housewife, to some. £30 million? Nah not me.

Back