Post/share your non-Lucid other car(s)! (ICE-appreciation thread?)

Love the looks and the performance.
But I hear one needs to have two copies.
One in your garage and the other one at the McLaren's service center, being fixed. And then just keep switching between them 😉
Lamborghini this Ferrari that you'd think McLaren doesn't exist LOL

570 and 720 McLaren are great cars and pretty reliable. The best of the lot in reliability terms are the Huracan and 458.

Well,

Well...What' not to like :)
Well, for one thing, it's an introverts nightmare! (for la specifically. there are some VERY isolated places in CA, in which case its an extroverts nightmare!)
Love the looks and the performance.
But I hear one needs to have two copies.
One in your garage and the other one at the McLaren's service center, being fixed. And then just keep switching between them 😉
It's brave of you to assume that, since the chances are that BOTH will always be broken and the repair shop will turn into its new home! No way you will ever get the chance to even switch between them.. 🤣

Huracan's are rock solid in terms of reliability, it turns out using an "Audi" engine has its benefits.

Last edited:
570 and 720 McLaren are great cars and pretty reliable. The best of the lot in reliability terms are the Huracan and 458.
Average day for a Mclaren owner:

1714331991708.png

Well, for one thing, it's an introverts nightmare! (for la specifically. there are some VERY isolated places in CA, in which case its an extroverts nightmare!)
I will, once again, caution you not to comment on things you have no experience with. Please. Stop.

I am about as extroverted as it gets. My wife is about as introverted as it gets. It pretty much does not get more opposite (they do say opposites attract).

Sure, we don’t live in SF or downtown LA. So don’t. There are tons of suburbs that will make everyone happy.

South Bay (where we live) is spectacular and has tons for both of us. East Bay is great too, and north bay is arguably fantastic too, though it is more suited to nature lovers.

Don't like the hustle of LA? Plenty of suburbs to be found.

One of my wife's favorite places on the planet is Carlsbad, and we both love San Diego - it's a potential move for us at some point (not in the near future).

Don't make assumptions about places you haven't lived.

I can only say NJ sucks because I spent most of my life living in NYC, which is the only good part of New Jersey. :p

Los Angeles may be that introvert's nightmare, as it centers around the entertainment industry. But you'd fit in perfectly in the SF bay area - come here after graduation and get a job in finance.

Btw, talking about snapping pics (I'm an amateur wanna be pro photographer, lol).
This one came out okay i guess?
Bentley, a real classic, is my friends.

Attachments

• IMG-20240103-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20240103-WA0006.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 26
Los Angeles may be that introvert's nightmare, as it centers around the entertainment industry. But you'd fit in perfectly in the SF bay area - come here after graduation and get a job in finance.
That was what I said; I said that LA specifically was an introverts nightmare due to how bustling it is with activity! I do see how that could be construed otherwise, so sorry about that. Perhaps I could do that.. but IB jobs are usually more tech-centered in SF (which does make a lot of sense). A question though, why do you think I would be a good fit for the bay? Just curious, lol.
I will, once again, caution you not to comment on things you have no experience with. Please. Stop.

I am about as extroverted as it gets. My wife is about as introverted as it gets. It pretty much does not get more opposite (they do say opposites attract).

Sure, we don’t live in SF or downtown LA. So don’t. There are tons of suburbs that will make everyone happy.

South Bay (where we live) is spectacular and has tons for both of us. East Bay is great too, and north bay is arguably fantastic too, though it is more suited to nature lovers.

Don't like the hustle of LA? Plenty of suburbs to be found.

One of my wife's favorite places on the planet is Carlsbad, and we both love San Diego - it's a potential move for us at some point (not in the near future).

Don't make assumptions about places you haven't lived.

I can only say NJ sucks because I spent most of my life living in NYC, which is the only good part of New Jersey. :p
I understand, I was just exaggerating the hugely varying social "manner" of CA! I do believe what I said is true (and feel free to correct me), that LA is more extroverted while there are some introverted places in CA. I didn't say that a well balanced life didn't exist at all in CA, I just gave examples of the various extremes by comparing one place to another. Do note that I didn't bring up any suburbs in my response, as I was just showing the different "poles" in terms of social manner. I could very well believe that there are many places that are well balanced, considering the fact that I live in a boring suburb in boring NJ and have experienced this ;).

Btw, talking about snapping pics (I'm an amateur wanna be pro photographer, lol).
This one came out okay i guess?
Bentley, a real classic, is my friends.
Bentley's are very nice cars. It's the car to get if you want near-Rolls Royce levels of luxury but still want to keep even a silver of driving experience. The only problem is that they depreciate as much as a 6000 pound rock falling out of the sky, which is incidentally near the weight of their coupes. 🤣 I thought the picture was very nice, although the "night mode" in all modern phones leaves the final image somewhat blurry as it is in this picture. The actual substance of this picture is however very nice!

A question though, do you know what Bentley model it is? I'm not a Bentley guy, but it looks to be a Flying Spur to me.

That was what I said; I said that LA specifically was an introverts nightmare due to how bustling it is with activity! I do see how that could be construed otherwise, so sorry about that. Perhaps I could do that.. but IB jobs are usually more tech-centered in SF (which does make a lot of sense). A question though, why do you think I would be a good fit for the bay? Just curious, lol...
There is a lot to choose from in silicon valley in both banking and venture capital. Your specific interest may change as you progress through high school and university. As to why you'd fit in - there are a lot of unusually capable people here, from diverse backgrounds. It's a stimulating environment to live in.

... although the "night mode" in all modern phones leaves the final image somewhat blurry as it is in this picture...
Dude, get a Pixel phone next time.

That was what I said; I said that LA specifically was an introverts nightmare due to how bustling it is with activity! I do see how that could be construed otherwise, so sorry about that. Perhaps I could do that.. but IB jobs are usually more tech-centered in SF (which does make a lot of sense). A question though, why do you think I would be a good fit for the bay? Just curious, lol.

You're a nerd. The bay area is full of nerds, and not all of them are in tech. It's sort of our mecca. :)

I understand, I was just exaggerating the hugely varying social "manner" of CA! I do believe what I said is true (and feel free to correct me), that LA is more extroverted while there are some introverted places in CA. I didn't say that a well balanced life didn't exist at all in CA, I just gave examples of the various extremes by comparing one place to another. Do note that I didn't bring up any suburbs in my response, as I was just showing the different "poles" in terms of social manner. I could very well believe that there are many places that are well balanced, considering the fact that I live in a boring suburb in boring NJ and have experienced this ;).
Fair. I may have read too much into the "what's not to love" aspect of the question.

It’s usually correct to be introvert in the neighborhood of Compton. I passed by there few months ago on Turo Model X. I saw Tesla mostly on every street and intersection in LA except that neighborhood.

It’s usually correct to be introvert in the neighborhood of Compton. I passed by there few months ago on Turo Model X. I saw Tesla mostly on every street and intersection in LA except that neighborhood.
Compton is fine. My grandma still lives in Compton 😁

Compton is one of my favorite places in LA.

Ostentatious displays of wealth (aka driving around in a Lucid) is a bad idea, for obvious reasons, but the violence (which has greatly decreased) is almost entirely between rival gangs, not random civilians.

Based on statistics in 2020, Compton experiences 232 violent crimes annually per 100,000 people. That rate is as low as places like Honolulu (Hawaii) and Boise (Idaho), so Compton is simply not that dangerous these days. It's the 28th most dangerous section of L.A. now.

The same rules apply as they do in any city:
1) Don't do business with criminals,
2) Don't engage in ostentatious displays of wealth.

But, if anything, like in Oakland, Compton has a spectacular local family / community vibe. It's the kind of place where once you get to know your neighbors and make friends, people will actually go out of their way to help each other out; watch each other's dogs, get groceries for the elderly, and so on. That sort of thing doesn't exist as much in places that have never faced hard times.

That's just my feeling, having spent plenty of time visiting friends who lived in Compton but never actually living there myself. Perhaps @hydbob can tell me if I'm right/wrong.

Back