Portable tire inflator

Haha that came with my car, I didn’t even realize it doubled as a tire inflator. Major facepalm, thanks man!
uh, just saw this kit for the first time - what the heck is it? pump + tire sealant...?

uh, just saw this kit for the first time - what the heck is it? pump + tire sealant...?

Yep

Milwaukee M12 is used by many car enthusiasts. It's among the best of the portable inflators.

Looks quite similar to this:
AirMan ResQ Pro+ Tire Repair Kit https://a.co/d/6QUuLEv

And actually identical to the Tesla one:
https://shop.tesla.com/product/tire-repair-kit?sku=1133009-00-B

Many European cars have had those for 30+ years….

The difference is that both of those have a max speed limit of 80 kph/50 mph. The Lucid inflator is up to 110 kph/68 mph.
Ah- good eye! It looks like it might be this one:

Plugs into the cigarette port
Does the cord reach the left front tire from the right rear 12v port? My tire inflator cord is not long enough.

Does the cord reach the left front tire from the right rear 12v port? My tire inflator cord is not long enough.
I have never tried...hmmmm

Has anyone had any success with portable 12v digital tire inflators? I absolutely hate trying to find air pumps at gas stations as half of them are broken or there’s a wait, so I thought I’d try to find one. I fell victim to EA/Wal-Mart’s business plan and went into a Wal-Mart while charging and found what seemed to be a decent one, as my cold tire PSI was 47 on front R and 48 on rear R, and wanted to get them back to spec. The hose on the one I bought screws into the tire, and the seal was not very good, and after working on the rear R tire, it failed and deflated the front R tire to 42 PSI and then the device broke completely. I took it right back into Walmart and looked at another model but that one’s connector was too bulky to fit through the range covers. So then I gave up and drove to a crappy gas station air pump irritated that I’d wasted a good 45 minutes of trying out a portable inflator. Anybody know any good ones?

Forgot to show you the Ryobi air inflator I use. Works beautifully on my other cars but haven’t tried it on the Lucid yet.

There are actually two models. I‘ve got the smaller one in the Lucid and the larger in the garage. Battery powered so don’t have to worry about cords. And you can use the same battery to run a wrench to remove bolts.

Forgot to show you the Ryobi air inflator I use. Works beautifully on my other cars but haven’t tried it on the Lucid yet.

There are actually two models. I‘ve got the smaller one in the Lucid and the larger in the garage. Battery powered so don’t have to worry about cords. And you can use the same battery to run a wrench to remove bolts.
This one?

Screenshot_20220804-202841_Chrome.jpg

I carry it with me and a battery whenever I take a road trip!

I tried the Lucid inflator. The problem is with the aero covers on it takes time to screw the hose onto the tire valve stem, which then causes air loss. So while it did inflate the tire, it then lost air while trying to disconnect the hose. Does the Ryobi one connect easily to the Lucid tires or is it a similar problem where you have to screw it on (rather than push it in like gas station air machines), thus losing air you just added? I inflated the R rear as a test to 49, and the pump said 49 but then after unscrewing it the car read it as 47 so it lost 2 PSI just by disconnecting it. :(

I tried the Lucid inflator. The problem is with the aero covers on it takes time to screw the hose onto the tire valve stem, which then causes air loss. So while it did inflate the tire, it then lost air while trying to disconnect the hose. Does the Ryobi one connect easily to the Lucid tires or is it a similar problem where you have to screw it on (rather than push it in like gas station air machines), thus losing air you just added? I inflated the R rear as a test to 49, and the pump said 49 but then after unscrewing it the car read it as 47 so it lost 2 PSI just by disconnecting it. :(
Ryobi one is a push on, ez pz but I also don't have aero covers in my way...

OK great, I have other Ryobi products too so can just use the same battery. Push-on is the way to go, screwing on those valve stems with the aero covers on is tricky.

The one I posted earlier just goes over the valve stem and then there's a push clip to lock it into place. Can be done with one hand.

Ok, cordless inflator looks good, but what about the sealant? Which one do we use and how is it introduced? Does the valve have to be removed or will it flow around it?

Has anyone had any success with portable 12v digital tire inflators? I absolutely hate trying to find air pumps at gas stations as half of them are broken or there’s a wait, so I thought I’d try to find one. I fell victim to EA/Wal-Mart’s business plan and went into a Wal-Mart while charging and found what seemed to be a decent one, as my cold tire PSI was 47 on front R and 48 on rear R, and wanted to get them back to spec. The hose on the one I bought screws into the tire, and the seal was not very good, and after working on the rear R tire, it failed and deflated the front R tire to 42 PSI and then the device broke completely. I took it right back into Walmart and looked at another model but that one’s connector was too bulky to fit through the range covers. So then I gave up and drove to a crappy gas station air pump irritated that I’d wasted a good 45 minutes of trying out a portable inflator. Anybody know any good ones?
Due to the problems mentioned by @bunnylebowski, I dislike dedicated inflators due to the poor quality connection to the valve stem. I use a high quality but small air compressor. This takes up little space in my garage, fills tires quickly/accurately, and, as an added bonus, operates air tools (such as impact wrench to change your tires).

Attachments

• 4B8DD893-629A-46A7-A81A-126E35D992E7.jpeg
    4B8DD893-629A-46A7-A81A-126E35D992E7.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 100
Back