Picking up my Lucid DE Performance 21" Wheels

autana

Cars
Lucid DE Perform White/21
DE Number
Hello! I am planning on picking up my white DE Performance this weekend: I am excited ...but also a little but worried based on the threats and comments of some users regarding software issues. Hopefully the vehicle is worth the early adoption of a new vehicle company's first product... Wish me luck!

Honestly, it's comforting that despite how widespread the software issues are, it seems like every owner here is so thrilled with the quality and caliber of the car that they are willing wait for the updates.

Obviously everyone has the right to expect the software to eventually parallel the hardware quality. Hopefully everyone's patience is rewarded.

Whoops, then I see Moniputer's disappointment in the car so I guess using "everyone" was too strong, virtually everyone is more appropriate.

Honestly, it's comforting that despite how widespread the software issues are, it seems like every owner here is so thrilled with the quality and caliber of the car that they are willing wait for the updates.

Obviously everyone has the right to expect the software to eventually parallel the hardware quality. Hopefully everyone's patience is rewarded.
I love my DE… period.

As to the issues… if you choose to be a pioneer… you have to expect to get arrows in your back.

I knew when I ordered and then paid that I was getting the earliest release version of a new product but I love the vision and frankly I like the easy access to all the support people. They have a helpful, diligent attitude.

Hello! I am planning on picking up my white DE Performance this weekend: I am excited ...but also a little but worried based on the threats and comments of some users regarding software issues. Hopefully the vehicle is worth the early adoption of a new vehicle company's first product... Wish me luck!
Welcome. Enjoy.

I love my DE… period.

As to the issues… if you choose to be a pioneer… you have to expect to get arrows in your back.

I knew when I ordered and then paid that I was getting the earliest release version of a new product but I love the vision and frankly I like the easy access to all the support people. They have a helpful, diligent attitude.
You are one of the very few people to pick the range version, may I ask why you chose to do that versus the performance?

I agree with you 100%. However, it kind of gave me pause that, as an early adopter of new technology (in general), I also don't want to be disappointed. We will see, and I more than happy to give you my experience.

You are one of the very few people to pick the range version, may I ask why you chose to do that versus the performance?
Range is fast and powerful enough and I wanted all weather tires so I can take it to snow if I wish.

I love my DE… period.

"To each his own". I don't love my DE. IF I keep it, I hope to like it more. It is stupid fast and on paper has great range. I like the interior much better than a Tesla but I hate the daily driving experience so much that my DE is parked in storage until the software matures.

One of my biggest issues is that I knew I was getting one of the first 520 cars. Lucid was taking their time making them so that they would be as close to perfect as reasonable. I also knew that some of the more advance features would come later BUT I did not expect alpha, at best, software. I did expect a well-designed and well-constructed luxury EV that would be worth the price. I feel that I didn't get that. Other than too much road/tire noise and the lack of some physical switches that I think it should have, my complains are with the software. It's just crap in its current state.

Just my 2 cents worth. As I opened with "To each his own".

What tire do the Range editions have? I am very impressed with the Pirellis on the Performance. They are very quiet. I’m use to a lot of tire noise so it might be subjective.

I believe they are still the pirelli EV tires made for Lucid just smaller size

I believe they are still the pirelli EV tires made for Lucid just smaller size
Not sure that is correct. The 21" Pirelli tires made for the Lucid have "LM1" on the sidewalls. On Tire Rack the 19" version doesn't have that designation but maybe that's jus them. I asked Alex on a different subject the same question since he has the 19" tires.

"To each his own". I don't love my DE. IF I keep it, I hope to like it more. It is stupid fast and on paper has great range. I like the interior much better than a Tesla but I hate the daily driving experience so much that my DE is parked in storage until the software matures.

One of my biggest issues is that I knew I was getting one of the first 520 cars. Lucid was taking their time making them so that they would be as close to perfect as reasonable. I also knew that some of the more advance features would come later BUT I did not expect alpha, at best, software. I did expect a well-designed and well-constructed luxury EV that would be worth the price. I feel that I didn't get that. Other than too much road/tire noise and the lack of some physical switches that I think it should have, my complains are with the software. It's just crap in its current state.

I think we all respect and appreciate this perspective. Frankly, it is probably more valuable to Lucid as a company than whitewashed praise. Many of us put up with the quirks of a Model S for many years because it offered an experience no other car could. There are multiple choices emerging now (Taycan, EQS, Plaid, i4, E-Tron…) so we don’t have to tolerate things we personally can’t stand just to get the EV drivetrain experience that was once unique to Tesla. I hope to see that you sell your DE for a large price!

I totally understand Moniputer.

I have my white Dream Edition Performance for the last 10 days (300 miles). I love the craftsmanship and the vehicle itself it is nicely build and beautiful for sure. From the physical side of things, there are a couple of body panels that could fit better for sure. The local Lucid service center is taking care of that next week.Hopefully is all good. It drives better than my Tesla Model 3; it is wicked fast, and very quit ride. I love that. The range is perfect (471 miles) so never range anxiety. Free charging at Electrify America (EA): I have not even bother to install another (aside of the Tesla's) charger because I could get my charge for free at EA in <40 min once a week. So it is all perfect (for me).

From the software perspective... uhhmmm... The entry and exit with the key fob, could be better executed. The phone app is responsiveness if poor. The interface is slow (compared to Tesla's) to react once you enter the vehicle. Connection with the I(latest) iPhone is slow. The software (1.1.5) it is better than the one that came with the car (1.0.8) but still light years away from Tesla's software (obviously). I could go on and on... but the constantly "on" "passanger air bag off" warning light -when I have nobody seating on the passenger seat- next to the rearview mirror is making me twitch all day and in a suicidal state of mind when I drive it.... Neither my Audi A7, my Porsche, my Toyota, my kid' s Nissan Pathfinder, my Tesla do that ... None of them.. What the heck? It is so distracting and a VERY bright yellow light at night. Nevertheless...

I think, that all of us that bought the first 520 (limited) edition cars from a company (that never made a car before) knew that there will be faults at the beginning. My vehicle says #131 (of 520). That to me is a reminder that I knew what I was getting into it.

So far, the company customer service has been listening (and I hope) in tune to their loyal customers. So improvements can and must be made to improve the user experience. The good news however, is that there is "software" and not hardware what needs to be improved. I hope also that my "Passenger Airbag Off" warning light burns out or I 'll get a ^$*& sharpie and I will make it black forever...

If I would have had the option of an Audi GT eTron with a 471 mile (or more) range and the same speed, probably would have gone that route. Taycan is gorgeous inside but a joke of range too. Tesla Plaid, I can not get pass the steering and the manufacturing quality. So... it all has pros and cons.

I guess it is call life after all..

Attachments

• IMG_1214 2.jpeg
    IMG_1214 2.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1210 2.jpeg
    IMG_1210 2.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 158

There's always the Rolls Royce Spectre.

No. It’s weight based. In fact if you lean forward when in passenger seat, it goes back on.
Really? Needs a software fix to turn off the light when the belt is buckled, or you have to drive with a barbell weight in the passenger seat lol. How much weight is necessary to turn off the light?

That light exists in every vehicle, it's required, it's just that Lucid decided to put it in that spot which is annoying. The thought process is probably something along the lines of, everything else on the dash is where we want it and what we want it to look like, but the hazards and passenger airbag light required by law we were going to put it way from everything else.

If you look on the Tesla screen it since the upper right corner, but I believe it just fades into the background since it's all screen based, but it is there for sure

Back