Picking up my Lucid DE Performance 21" Wheels

Can't you just buckle the seat belt to turn it off?
Two layers of window tint film over the warning light solved the problem for my car.

Free charging at Electrify America (EA): I have not even bother to install another (aside of the Tesla's) charger because I could get my charge for free at EA in <40 min once a week. So it is all perfect (for me).
Be careful doing that. Fast DC charging a battery all the time is not good for longevity and will potentially see the battery degrade quicker. If you're not intending on keeping the car a long time then go for it but Lucid has a 30% buffer in that battery warranty so if you degrade it 75% in 3 years it's still within the warranty terms but you've now got a car that has less range.

hypothetical as no one will know until a few years in about how Lucid's battery chemistry performs under pressure but always something to keep in mind with DC fast charging.

Be careful doing that. Fast DC charging a battery all the time is not good for longevity and will potentially see the battery degrade quicker. If you're not intending on keeping the car a long time then go for it but Lucid has a 30% buffer in that battery warranty so if you degrade it 75% in 3 years it's still within the warranty terms but you've now got a car that has less range.

hypothetical as no one will know until a few years in about how Lucid's battery chemistry performs under pressure but always something to keep in mind with DC fast charging.
In CA the battery warranty is 10 years / 150,000 miles minimum per CA Air Resources Board.

That light exists in every vehicle, it's required, it's just that Lucid decided to put it in that spot which is annoying. The thought process is probably something along the lines of, everything else on the dash is where we want it and what we want it to look like, but the hazards and passenger airbag light required by law we were going to put it way from everything else.

If you look on the Tesla screen it since the upper right corner, but I believe it just fades into the background since it's all screen based, but it is there for sure

I don’t think the issue is placement but rather brightness. It’s just so… bright. I’m planning on putting a tiny piece of tint over it.

In CA the battery warranty is 10 years / 150,000 miles minimum per CA Air Resources Board.

Source? This is *awesome news* if true. At what degradation?

Source? This is *awesome news* if true. At what degradation?
This is the warranty from the web site for the Battery. 70% capacity.
1644260944300.png

This is the warranty from the web site for the Battery. 70% capacity.
View attachment 754

Yeah I was asking about the CARB requirements. Looked into it, and they only require the 10 year / 150k warranty for PZEV aka hybrids. They’re trying to pass rules for BEVs like the Lucid but they don’t exist yet, and would only apply to 2026+ model years.

So the Lucid battery warranty it is!

Can't you just buckle the seat belt to turn it off?
It does not do anything to it because the sensor does not detect now any weight: It should be "off" if there is nobody seating, it should be "on" if the seat belt is buckle and the sensor does not detect enough weight (on the passenger is too small). It should not be a normal operating procedure for the light to be on continuously unless someone is seating and buckled.

Really? Needs a software fix to turn off the light when the belt is buckled, or you have to drive with a barbell weight in the passenger seat lol. How much weight is necessary to turn off the light?
I don't know but I guess more than 100 pounds

Really? Needs a software fix to turn off the light when the belt is buckled, or you have to drive with a barbell weight in the passenger seat lol. How much weight is necessary to turn off the light?
Exactly!

(ii) A telltale light in the interior of the vehicle shall be illuminated whenever the driver or passenger air bag is turned off by means of the on-off switch. The telltale for a driver air bag shall be clearly visible to an occupant of the driver's seating position. The telltale for a passenger air bag shall be clearly visible to occupants of all front seating positions. The telltale for an air bag:

(A) Shall be yellow;

(B) Shall have the identifying words “DRIVER AIR BAG OFF”, “PASSENGER AIR BAG OFF”, or “PASS AIR BAG OFF”, as appropriate, on the telltale or within 25 millimeters of the telltale;

(C) Shall remain illuminated for the entire time that the air bag is “off;”

(D) Shall not be illuminated at any time when the air bag is “on;” and,

(E) Shall not be combined with the readiness indicator required by S4.5.2 of § 571.208 of this chapter.

(ii) A telltale light in the interior of the vehicle shall be illuminated whenever the driver or passenger air bag is turned off by means of the on-off switch. The telltale for a driver air bag shall be clearly visible to an occupant of the driver's seating position. The telltale for a passenger air bag shall be clearly visible to occupants of all front seating positions. The telltale for an air bag:

(A) Shall be yellow;

(B) Shall have the identifying words “DRIVER AIR BAG OFF”, “PASSENGER AIR BAG OFF”, or “PASS AIR BAG OFF”, as appropriate, on the telltale or within 25 millimeters of the telltale;

(E) Shall not be combined with the readiness indicator required by S4.5.2 of § 571.208 of this chapter.
Isn’t Tesla not actually compliant then?

(A) Shall be yellow;

I don't see any minimum illumination level requirement, so maybe Lucid can dim it down somewhat with software. I don't have my Lucid yet, so I can't tell you whether its current brightness level would bother me.

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 208, section 19.2.2(g) states, "Means shall be provided for making telltales visible and recognizable to the driver and right front passenger under all driving conditions. The means for providing the required visibility may be adjustable manually or automatically, except that the telltales may not be adjustable under any driving conditions to a level that they become invisible or not recognizable to the driver or right front passenger."

So, Lucid could allow the driver to dim the "passenger airbag off" light somewhat, but they couldn't allow the driver to dim it all the way off.

I can't remember the last car I drove where the passenger airbag light was intrusive, and it's hard to imagine virtually every other car is noncompliant.

Back