Phone Sound Quality

I use an Android phone (Samsung S22 Ultra). The call quality in the Lucid is atrocious. Tinny, choppy, bits-and-pieces of the conversation is missing.
I don't know for sure, but I think it is (again) related to the slow, time-lagging UI. Someone in the forum said the Lucid UI funcions are run using VMs. The low-perforamnce, slow response of the VM might be the cause of some of the issues. In a previous post, I said the navigation on the Lucid is worthless because of the lag. I suspect all these issues might be related.
I don't think these issues (UI, laggard performace at various in-car services) are just "SW bugs". that can (will) be fixed with patches I think there is a fundamental archtecture/perforamnce problem with the (computing) platform.
Which version of the OS are you running?

After 2.0.x, you should be experiencing relatively little lag. If you’re on an earlier version than that, you need to contact customer care right away and get them to push several updates to you.

Yeah the navigation has no more lag than any other car now, even with satellite view. Since 2.0.x it’s no longer on VM. Bluetooth calls work fine for me.

Which version of the OS are you running?

After 2.0.x, you should be experiencing relatively little lag. If you’re on an earlier version than that, you need to contact customer care right away and get them to push several updates to you.
I am on the latest version. My car was delivered with 2.0 already installed. I've been updating all 2.X OTAs as they come.
There is no question that there is still a lot of lag problems in the Lucid UI. As I posted before, the navigation is basically useless because of the lag. If you missed a turn on your navigation and the computer has to re-route, it takes many seconds. By that time, you've already missed the turn on the new route.
I am not as concerned about simple bug-fixes. What I worry about is the Lucid platform computing architecture, the VMs, and whether those fundamentals were done correctly.
Separately, Lucid needs to be more transparent and post a "Triage List" of all the UI issues (as well as hardware issues) and rank-order these items as to their status, impact, and priorities to be fixed.

Separately, Lucid needs to be more transparent and post a "Triage List" of all the UI issues (as well as hardware issues) and rank-order these items as to their status, impact, and priorities to be fixed.
Is there any other auto manufacturer that publicly makes available issues and fix priority?

I also wouldn’t label the entire navigation system useless because if you miss a turn it’s slow to recalculate a new route (you’re right it is slow at that). At least CarPlay will help with that, although I’ve also had Google maps and Apple Maps suck at reroute after a missed turn, particularly if cell service isn’t great.

I am on the latest version. My car was delivered with 2.0 already installed. I've been updating all 2.X OTAs as they come.
There is no question that there is still a lot of lag problems in the Lucid UI. As I posted before, the navigation is basically useless because of the lag. If you missed a turn on your navigation and the computer has to re-route, it takes many seconds. By that time, you've already missed the turn on the new route.
I am not as concerned about simple bug-fixes. What I worry about is the Lucid platform computing architecture, the VMs, and whether those fundamentals were done correctly.
Yeah, a public “triage list” is not going to happen.

I missed a turn the other day, and it rerouted me in two or three seconds. But I’m guessing this is largely dependent on where you are. Maps data is one of the biggest YMMV areas of software. I’ve had much success with Apple Maps, for instance, while Google has been meh for me on many occasions. When I talk to others, they say the opposite.

I am looking forward to using Apple Maps when CarPlay arrives. The nav in the Lucid is a bit of a a weak point in the interface, to me. Seems to take me on routes that are not always the fastest way to get there. But I don’t find it particularly laggy. I wonder if something else is up with your car.

Also, I believe the VM architecture is gone as of 2.0, so any lag remaining in the system is not due to that. I could be mistaken about that, though. (It’s not as if I have had a peek at the source code.) There’s nothing wrong with using VM, per se, if it’s done right. But with 1.x, it definitely wasn’t done right.

Is there any other auto manufacturer that publicly makes available issues and fix priority?

I also wouldn’t label the entire navigation system useless because if you miss a turn it’s slow to recalculate a new route (you’re right it is slow at that). At least CarPlay will help with that, although I’ve also had Google maps and Apple Maps suck at reroute after a missed turn, particularly if cell service isn’t great.
Whether other companiesa re posting a "Traige List" or not is irrelevant. If Lucid wants to be a leading-edge, premium brand company, it needs to lead, not follow.
As for the navigation, it is ABSOLUTELY sub-par. Yes, it is practically useless, my opinion. I am talking about navigation in metroploitan areas where the cell service is great.
I want Lucid Motors to succeed. I am a Lucid car owner and I am also an investor in Lucid Motors.
Lucid needs adult-spervision....it is no longer just an engineering playground. It is not obvious to me how they are managing customer issues. As I said in a separate posting, the issues we are complaining about (UI, frozen screen, charging problems, EA performance, etc.) are not "service isues" per se. Lucid Service Center has been very forthcoming in helping me with the issues but therea re simply too many of them. These issues are fundamental design faults and lack of rigorous validation/regression before the product (or Os uogrades) are released.
I don't doubt that Lucid is full of talented engineers that are very innovative. However, building a complex product like a state-of-the-art luxury sedan requires is a highly disciplined team-sport. It needs adult supervision!
Lucid is at a critical tipping point...it needs to do a lot better to survive!

I had someone complain about me sounding like I was in a tin can. I was in an area where cell coverage is a bit thin however. I'll ask people when I make calls and see if it is the car or was just a one off.

I don’t have any problems with speakers during phone call. I use iPhone. So it could be specific to your instance and depends on other parameters. Regarding the nav, though it is not great I wouldn’t call it unusable. I think the DB is old and it lags new addresses. It also doesn’t consider the context of where you are typing from (geolocation). These will be updated in the future I guess.

Whether other companiesa re posting a "Traige List" or not is irrelevant. If Lucid wants to be a leading-edge, premium brand company, it needs to lead, not follow.
As for the navigation, it is ABSOLUTELY sub-par. Yes, it is practically useless, my opinion. I am talking about navigation in metroploitan areas where the cell service is great.
I want Lucid Motors to succeed. I am a Lucid car owner and I am also an investor in Lucid Motors.
Lucid needs adult-spervision....it is no longer just an engineering playground. It is not obvious to me how they are managing customer issues. As I said in a separate posting, the issues we are complaining about (UI, frozen screen, charging problems, EA performance, etc.) are not "service isues" per se. Lucid Service Center has been very forthcoming in helping me with the issues but therea re simply too many of them. These issues are fundamental design faults and lack of rigorous validation/regression before the product (or Os uogrades) are released.
I don't doubt that Lucid is full of talented engineers that are very innovative. However, building a complex product like a state-of-the-art luxury sedan requires is a highly disciplined team-sport. It needs adult supervision!
You sound as another Tesla social media shill troll that keep creating accounts to use same format to complain issues most of owners don’t have at this point, but putting FUD smell out there. It would help if you post picture of your issue sometimes like cruise control dial fell off. To be honest, I have been on this forum for 7 months, I have not seen anyone else has same frequency of critical issues as you.

On your phone and navigation situation, you may have a weak cellular signal area. Yes, lag and navigation needs improvement, but they have been drastically improved month after month since summer. Trying to download OFFLINE map in your state, it will improve your navigation experience when your cellular signal is weak.

I had someone complain about me sounding like I was in a tin can. I was in an area where cell coverage is a bit thin however. I'll ask people when I make calls and see if it is the car or was just a one off.
Well, when I take calls in the car I get "oh, you must be in the Lucid". So, I guess that it sounds different.

I use an Android phone (Samsung S22 Ultra). The call quality in the Lucid is atrocious. Tinny, choppy, bits-and-pieces of the conversation is missing.
I don't know for sure, but I think it is (again) related to the slow, time-lagging UI. Someone in the forum said the Lucid UI funcions are run using VMs. The low-perforamnce, slow response of the VM might be the cause of some of the issues. In a previous post, I said the navigation on the Lucid is worthless because of the lag. I suspect all these issues might be related.
I don't think these issues (UI, laggard performace at various in-car services) are just "SW bugs". that can (will) be fixed with patches I think there is a fundamental archtecture/perforamnce problem with the (computing) platform.
Have you tried any other phone to see if the problem is repeatable? I have no such issue with my phone. This would be a smart idea before drawing the conclusions you posted.

The pre-2.0 update did indeed run on a VM-type architecture but no longer.

The “VM” thing is old news, and was fixed in 2.0.

There should be no significant lag on 2.0. If you are having any, you are not experiencing what the rest of the cars are.

Contact service.

Consider this your first and last warning: please refrain from ad hominem attacks, like calling anyone a child or saying they need adult supervision. We are not a schoolyard and bullying is not acceptable.

Post criticism, by all means, but please do so constructively. “The navigation is useless” is orders of magnitude less constructive than “when I miss a turn, it bothers me that it takes an extra few seconds to give me a new route, as I may have already missed the next possible turn.” Surely you can see how those statements are of differing value.

Also, feel free to opine on how you would run a business better, or provide suggestions on what Lucid should do, but please refrain from “armchair CEO”-ing. It is infinitely easier to say how someone else should do the job than to actually do the job. There are likely countless decisions and nuances you (and we) are not privy to, and it should be quite clear that Lucid is not incompetent or malicious.

That doesn’t mean give anyone a free pass, but let’s try and approach conversations from a position of “seeking to understand” rather than an arrogant “I know better.” The former is much more likely to win you friends here and get you help, along with having your thoughts be heard.

I am on the latest version
This is a pet peeve having worked in IT and having to troubleshoot user reported issues. From this response, I have no idea what level software you are running. It's the latest you are aware of and none of us know whether you know what the latest version is. It would be helpful if you provided the actual version number when asked what version you are running in the future.

Lucid is leading, not following. It's in areas important to the people buying the car. Ride quality, handling, drive train technology, sensors, "post modern luxury", and design. No competent C-Suite is going to create a list of reasons to not buy their product and post it. The response given is roughly translated to "I don't care if it doesn't make sense and no one else does it because it would be corporate suicide, Lucid should do it anyway".

Sorry, the software performance is not meeting your expectations. There are definitely areas Lucid needs to improve. Given the state of Lucid software a year ago, it's current state is pretty much where I would expect it to be. I'm more disappointed with the continued reports from new owners about assembly issues. I had hoped there would be more consistency by now.

Imagine if apple included a list of missing features on their phones compared to android when releasing them...

Please also use a spell checker when possible. Your readers will appreciate the effort.

Imagine if apple included a list of missing features on their phones compared to android when releasing them...
There are lots of 3rd party sites which make such feature comparisons between software products all the time.
And I have worked for (major within their niche) software companies which regularly asked the products' customers to give them input on where to invest effort in terms of both new features and flaw areas.

I’ve gotten lots of complaints both external and internal when making calls. I’m on the latest 2.0.4x version and I’ve heard complaints from the other end saying it’s weak and not very easy to hear and in the car I have turned up the phone to max and the car volume to max and still had troubles hearing the other end. Vice versa I’ve had a few great connections.

It all feels like SW not HW because it’s on both ends. While not ideal, I feel like it is something that will get better over time with updates.

Lucid AT SW Ver 2.0.45
iPhone 12 Pro Max latest iOS

The Mic is the 3 pointed star looking thing on the ceiling of the car.
1672166382936.png

Back