Phone Sound Quality

SaratogaLefty

Verified Owner
Cars
Dream Edition P 21"
DE Number
My wife is complaining that when she calls me and I'm in the car there is a tinny sound on her end and she hears an echo as well. It sounds fine on my end. Thoughts/Suggestions?

My wife is complaining that when she calls me and I'm in the car there is a tinny sound on her end and she hears an echo as well. It sounds fine on my end. Thoughts/Suggestions?
If it’s reproducible every time even after you’ve tried unpairing and re-pairing the phone then it may be the microphone, might be worth a service call.

If it’s reproducible every time even after you’ve tried unpairing and re-pairing the phone then it may be the microphone, might be worth a service call.
I don't think it is the microphone because she is hearing the echo when she is speaking.

If either party to a phone call is in an area of poor cellular signal, the audio drops back to a higher compression, poorer quality sound. Are you sure that's not happening here?

If either party to a phone call is in an area of poor cellular signal, the audio drops back to a higher compression, poorer quality sound. Are you sure that's not happening here?
Yeah that could be the problem. I will have to do some experiments.

Usually if she hears herself, that's a problem with the hands free system in the car. The microphone isn't cancelling out the what it's playing through the speakers.

Please share and don’t kill me for saying this - my wife says the same thing that the voice quality that she hears with me talking on the phone using the Lucid is very poor and there is a delay in when she hears my voice after the connection. Anyone notice this delay where you may have to say hello a couple of times before the other party first hears your voice.

BTW WHERE IS the Microphone Located in the Car. Perhaps I can try and directly speak into the Mic.

I have not had this issue; it may be worth talking to service to make sure the mic is fine

if it happens all the time, call customer service from the car so they can hear exactly what the problem is.

Please share and don’t kill me for saying this - my wife says the same thing that the voice quality that she hears with me talking on the phone using the Lucid is very poor and there is a delay in when she hears my voice after the connection. Anyone notice this delay where you may have to say hello a couple of times before the other party first hears your voice.

BTW WHERE IS the Microphone Located in the Car. Perhaps I can try and directly speak into the Mic.
The Mic is the 3 pointed star looking thing on the ceiling of the car. FWIW I’ve had that happen in other cars (have to say hello a couple times or bad quality or echo), but if it happens EVERY time then there must be an issue with the signal processing between the microphone and the phone’s Bluetooth, so it could be yet another software issue. I don’t use the car’s Bluetooth to make calls, but the car very much likes to pick up calls on my wife’s phone if she’s not in the car but near it haha. She was following behind me the other day in her car and talking to her mom and when she pulled up behind me the music in my car cut out and it put my wife’s phone conversation with her mom in the Lucid.

I read this and just tested 2 calls while driving on freeway. Nope the other ends said sounds fine, no echo. Have you checked with her other her calls may have similar issue?

The Mic is the 3 pointed star looking thing on the ceiling of the car. FWIW I’ve had that happen in other cars (have to say hello a couple times or bad quality or echo), but if it happens EVERY time then there must be an issue with the signal processing between the microphone and the phone’s Bluetooth, so it could be yet another software issue. I don’t use the car’s Bluetooth to make calls, but the car very much likes to pick up calls on my wife’s phone if she’s not in the car but near it haha. She was following behind me the other day in her car and talking to her mom and when she pulled up behind me the music in my car cut out and it put my wife’s phone conversation with her mom in the Lucid.
Happens all the time in our non-Lucid vehicles. It would be nice if they could limit the Bluetooth range to just the vehicle. I know the issue is on the Bluetooth side and they keep making improvements to get more range further from the source so I guess it’s a moot point…

I get comments on my calls from my lucid that others tell me that I sound far away. I do not get these comments from any of my other vehicles. Is this common for the lucid or do you think it may just be my peculiar circumstance?

I get comments on my calls from my lucid that others tell me that I sound far away. I do not get these comments from any of my other vehicles. Is this common for the lucid or do you think it may just be my peculiar circumstance?
Yeah, same here.

Mine also

Our car (delivered mid-Oct) has these same problems... poor sound quality (sometimes) from the mic, echoes on (some) phone calls, etc... we only had 3 weeks to judge this (the car is currently in the shop to fix its Ford F650 inflicted boo boo), but is something we'll be reexamining once we get it back...

I use an Android phone (Samsung S22 Ultra). The call quality in the Lucid is atrocious. Tinny, choppy, bits-and-pieces of the conversation is missing.
I don't know for sure, but I think it is (again) related to the slow, time-lagging UI. Someone in the forum said the Lucid UI funcions are run using VMs. The low-perforamnce, slow response of the VM might be the cause of some of the issues. In a previous post, I said the navigation on the Lucid is worthless because of the lag. I suspect all these issues might be related.
I don't think these issues (UI, laggard performace at various in-car services) are just "SW bugs". that can (will) be fixed with patches I think there is a fundamental archtecture/perforamnce problem with the (computing) platform.

Back