Phone Sound Quality

Not my idea ...this is a clever, creative group of car nuts.

I had asked what that thing on the ceiling was when we were talking about where to place the key card for a reset. Someone (I think one of the moderators) just said: "...next to the flux capacitor". Instantly saw it.

This won't last as more people join ... but for now all ye early-adopters/ forum joiners/: "We few...we happy few."
(fighting off the Muskers)

Last edited:
One of the issues I have in my car is Bluetooth and I use s22 ultra. The other person can barely hear me. Hopefully it's fixed when it comes back. My experience with BT has been hit and miss depending on the manufacturer. Lincoln have echoes. The best has been Mercedes and Land Rover Vehicles. Cadillac, BMW and Bentley perform good as well but mercedes and Land Rover are the only ones I can comfortably talk on BT without feeling I need to talk over something and the voice being fed through speakers is ultra clear to me. Mercedes is so good that once I was on a Bluetooth call and my car skid, went over a curb and totalled. My call was still going and I had to tell the other person that I'll call back since I was just in an accident. He didn't even know the car is on 3 wheel and went over a curb.

Just an FYI for anyone having phone issues. My wife told me that when I called her from the Lucid (I was in the car, she was at home), she would consistently hear an echo of her voice delayed about one second after she spoke. She would not hear my voice echo, only hers. It was very annoying to her and she urged me not to make any important business calls from the car. To me sitting in the car, everyone sounded great with no echo for either person.

I found the fix - turn the volume down.

If the volume is set at about 66% or less, she reports no echo. I assume the mic in the car is picking up her voice through the speakers and is unable to filter it out at high volume. I guess I can't blast my Dolby Atmos tunes if I plan to make any calls.

Just an FYI for anyone having phone issues. My wife told me that when I called her from the Lucid (I was in the car, she was at home), she would consistently hear an echo of her voice delayed about one second after she spoke. She would not hear my voice echo, only hers. It was very annoying to her and she urged me not to make any important business calls from the car. To me sitting in the car, everyone sounded great with no echo for either person.

I found the fix - turn the volume down.

If the volume is set at about 66% or less, she reports no echo. I assume the mic in the car is picking up her voice through the speakers and is unable to filter it out at high volume. I guess I can't blast my Dolby Atmos tunes if I plan to make any calls.
Phone calls in CarPlay sound better on both ends than the native UI. Same in my other cars.

Back