Payment for lucid gt air

Yodatheman

Cars
Air gt
I finally got in contact with My DA. He sent me an email with instructions for wire transfer from my banking institution. My question is at what point is the est time to pay and why is payment required before the car is received and what happens if the car is damaged prior to receiving it?

If you do a wire transfer, 2 days before pickup is good. If you are picking up at studio, you just don't accept delivery. If you are taking home delivery, it's covered by insurance.

In the before times, payment was asked weeks before the car was ready for pickup. Now adays, payment has been requested as soon as a few days before the car was ready for pickup. Also, Lucid has an extensive warranty that would obviously cover any damages sustained prior to to delivery.

If you do a wire transfer, 2 days before pickup is good. If you are picking up at studio, you just don't accept delivery. If you are taking home delivery, it's covered by insurance.
I am financing the the car. Can I just wait until they call for delivery, after final inspection?

does anyone know if you can split payments across different methods? i was thinking about paying the fees/taxes using my credit card for rewards and then wiring the remaining balance.

does anyone know if you can split payments across different methods? i was thinking about paying the fees/taxes using my credit card for rewards and then wiring the remaining balance.
Most dealers have a limit on how much can be placed on a credit card. But I think it varies by state. Not sure about Lucid.

I haven’t bought my Lucid yet, but with my previous car the dealer let me put 3k down on credit card and the rest was trade and in and financing.

In the before times, payment was asked weeks before the car was ready for pickup. Now adays, payment has been requested as soon as a few days before the car was ready for pickup. Also, Lucid has an extensive warranty that would obviously cover any damages sustained prior to to delivery.
I paid for my GT last week. Haven't heard a word from Lucid on delivery. I reached out to my Rep. She has not responded.

I paid for my GT last week. Haven't heard a word from Lucid on delivery. I reached out to my Rep. She has not responded.
Call the service center where they shipped your car. Could be like @Neurio thought where they have an extra inspection to check, must be some safety thing they found at the factory

Sorry to hear that. Communication is not one of their strong suits. Just a reminder to everyone not to pay until the car has passed all inspections at the delivery center and ready with a firm delivery date. Right now there are a lot of corrective issues that need to be done at the service centers due to factory QC problems. It’s currently delaying both deliveries and production speed.

Thank you. I agree, communication isn't one of their strong suits. I shouldn't have paid before having a firm delivery date. My rep said they would not discuss a delivery date until it was paid for. Fool me once.......

Thank you. I agree, communication isn't one of their strong suits. I shouldn't have paid before having a firm delivery date. My rep said they would not discuss a delivery date until it was paid for. Fool me once.......
My delivery date for three months was "before the end of the year". Picked my car up at ~4:00PM 12/31/2021, so they made it! 👍

Lol..thats not encouraging. How long was your vin assigned before you got the car?

Lol..thats not encouraging. How long was your vin assigned before you got the car?
Got this email on December 13, 2021.

"I am excited to announce that your Zenith Red- Performance -19’ Aero Range Wheels Lucid Air is in production, and we plan for you to take receipt of the vehicle at Home. Your Lucid Air has also been assigned a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) - an important milestone in your Lucid journey."

Last edited:
My delivery date for three months was "before the end of the year". Picked my car up at ~4:00PM 12/31/2021, so they made it! 👍

Call the service center where they shipped your car. Could be like @Neurio thought where they have an extra inspection to check, must be some safety thing they found at the factory
Mufasta, I am waiting for my Grand Touring delivery to New York after full payment as well. It has been over a week for me...
I was told full payment was needed before a ship date too. Do not understand why nobody can give any details except it is still in inspection phase. Delivery agent contacted me and said they usually deliver to New York a few days after the car reaches Chicago, however my car has been in Chicago for 2 weeks so far. Can you let me know if you get a delivery date or any other answers?

Mufasta, I am waiting for my Grand Touring delivery to New York after full payment as well. It has been over a week for me...
I was told full payment was needed before a ship date too.

Full payment before shipping?! They expect you to pay in full before you even see your car? I have a problem with that.

A deposit, even of up to 50% of amount due, would be acceptable to me. But full payment before clapping eyes on your car for the first time?
I don’t like that at all.

Back