Invited to make a payment

mraschko

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring; Audi Q7
I received an email from Lucid today saying I was invited to make a payment and to log in for instructions. I signed into their site and it appears that they are suggesting I pay the full amount. This seems odd to me. I received a VIN last week, but I still don't have a delivery date. Every other car I've bought (including a Telsa I bought on Tesla's site) has always been paid for on delivery (except for a deposit in some cases). Is this normal? I don't love the thought of paying for a car this expensive until delivery.

I paid about 2 weeks before delivery, no worries at all. I think that had been most owners experiences.

Same here and picked up vehicle today, no issues..

I was advised to pay for mine once I had a confirmed delivery date by my DA, which I did a couple days before delivery. Would recommend just coordinating with your DA.

I received an email from Lucid today saying I was invited to make a payment and to log in for instructions. I signed into their site and it appears that they are suggesting I pay the full amount. This seems odd to me. I received a VIN last week, but I still don't have a delivery date. Every other car I've bought (including a Telsa I bought on Tesla's site) has always been paid for on delivery (except for a deposit in some cases). Is this normal? I don't love the thought of paying for a car this expensive until delivery.
They are making sure you know it has to be paid for in full before you can take possession of the car. You should have an assigned delivery person from Lucid - just reach out to that person. Mine was very helpful in coordinating things re: loan, etc with my bank. It's all normal! But do check in, as if you are getting a loan the bank will need things from Lucid and vice versa.

Definitely reach out to your DA as others have said. For us, my DA told me if I went the financing route; it might take up to a week or two to be able to take delivery due to processing, and going with the ACH/Cash route allowed us to take delivery in 1-2 days.

I received the same email & it was four weeks after therefore my car arrived at the Milbrae for delivery. According to a Lucid Motors source those invitations are generated automatically. I informed my DA that I would be paying for the car with a "Certified Check" upon delivery. The choice is yours and Lucid Motors is fine with a Certified or Cashiers check.

Hey mraschko, on what date did you confirm your reservation and pay your deposit?

Hey mraschko, on what date did you confirm your reservation and pay your deposit?

I made the initial order in July of 2021 and put down the deposit which was fully refundable at that time. In August 2022, I confirmed (or something like that) the reservation and the deposit became non-refundable. In November, I had to finalize the offer.

I made the initial order in July of 2021 and put down the deposit which was fully refundable at that time. In August 2022, I confirmed (or something like that) the reservation and the deposit became non-refundable. In November, I had to finalize the offer.
Thanks for that, mraschko

I received the same email & it was four weeks after therefore my car arrived at the Milbrae for delivery. According to a Lucid Motors source those invitations are generated automatically. I informed my DA that I would be paying for the car with a "Certified Check" upon delivery. The choice is yours and Lucid Motors is fine with a Certified or Cashiers check.
Thanks! I think that's the route I'll take.

I did try and reach out to my DA before this, but she's out of office and I'm impatient. :)

Back