RESOLVED Paint and Body issues on delivery

justjim95

Verified Owner
I took delivery of my new GT late Saturday Night. When going over the car I noticed several imperfections but I don't know if I am being too picky and what they would even do to correct them.

1. Where the passenger side bottom quarter panel meets the upper panel there is a gap the is about double the size of the one on the opposite side.
2. The same difference in the gap is present on the rear sides as well.
3. There are small scratches in the front molding that has the LUCID words in it. Hard to see in a camera.
4. There is overspray on the black trim in some areas.

There are some other minor things that can be easily fixed.

Attachments

• Overspray1.jpg
    Overspray1.jpg
    724.5 KB · Views: 110
  • QuarterPanel1.jpg
    QuarterPanel1.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 99
yes, call the service team right a way. Usually, you point these things out when taking the car. But service will correct them.

yes, call the service team right a way. Usually, you point these things out when taking the car. But service will correct them.
The delivery driver finally showed up close to midnight but I did mention them the next day on the virtual delivery. They associate said he would make note and have a service truck come by and take a look. I'm just curious how they fix body misalignment issues and how persistent I should be to correct 1/8" - 1/4" differences.

There is overspray on the black trim in some areas.
That looks like polishing compound to me, which you should be able to just wipe off. If not, of course get it corrected.

I'm just curious how they fix body misalignment issues and how persistent I should be to correct 1/8" - 1/4" differences.
They will do their absolute best to adjust it within the range they have; the panels do have some adjustment range. That said, it may not be perfect. Depends on the part and how it’s attached.

I had your issue #3 with my new GT. Mentioned it at delivery, they took note and have promised to reach out to replace it when they have the part in stock.

To keep everyone updated, Lucid is coming to get the car next week and take back to their service center to make any adjustments to make me happy. They will be dropping off a loaner when picking it up. Very good customer service.

Back