Numerous paint and body issues

EricM

Verified Owner
When I picked up my Air a couple of weeks ago, I noted that the front silver trim was scuffed and the paint rubbed off the illuminated Lucid lettering. I also noted a slight dent in the passenger door and misaligned rear bumper cover on the driver side, a scuff on the inside drivers door panel and a few other exterior scratches in a couple of spots.

When I got it home, I also noticed some scuffs on the hood (almost like something was dragged across it) that it appeared they tried to buff out, but were too deep.

I almost rejected the car because of these issues but accepted it because they had flown me to the delivery center to pick it up. My highway assist also does not work because apparently there is some issue with the camera calibration that requires them to take the car back to a service center.

It looks like there is going to be paint work required to correct some of the external issues. This concerns me as I’ve never seen paint work match the factory finish perfectly. Has anyone else had any paint work done by Lucid and were you satisfied with the quality?

Is Lucid going to fix these issues under warranty?

When I picked up my Air a couple of weeks ago, I noted that the front silver trim was scuffed and the paint rubbed off the illuminated Lucid lettering. I also noted a slight dent in the passenger door and misaligned rear bumper cover on the driver side, a scuff on the inside drivers door panel and a few other exterior scratches in a couple of spots.

When I got it home, I also noticed some scuffs on the hood (almost like something was dragged across it) that it appeared they tried to buff out, but were too deep.

I almost rejected the car because of these issues but accepted it because they had flown me to the delivery center to pick it up. My highway assist also does not work because apparently there is some issue with the camera calibration that requires them to take the car back to a service center.

It looks like there is going to be paint work required to correct some of the external issues. This concerns me as I’ve never seen paint work match the factory finish perfectly. Has anyone else had any paint work done by Lucid and were you satisfied with the quality?
I've had both my bumpers repainted from a certified Lucid bodyshop. You can't tell they aren't factory.

My car had a minor dent in the passenger door and Lucid repaired it prior to delivering it to me. In fact, they would not release the car until it was repaired. I cannot find any evidence of it although I plan to have car thoroughly checked prior to my PPF/Ceramic coating.

Is Lucid going to fix these issues under warranty?
Yes and they have been VERY responsive so far. I couldn’t be happier with the response from the staff. I just worry about having paint work done and it matching properly.

Eric, How did the paint works turn out? I‘m dropping my car off with a lucid approved shop tomorrow to correct a paint mismatch of some of the rear fascia and trunk.

It turned out that they didn’t need to repaint anything (they were able to color sand the defects out).

I actually offered to pick my car up at the body shop rather than having them ship it back to me. Having seen the body shops they use, I wouldn’t have any concern about having paintwork done. I think my car was probably one of the least expensive ones in there… Bentley, Rolls, Lamborghini, etc. were all in there having work done.

Back