Owner's Manual (Online)

My screenshot is from the web portal. Login and on the top you will see dashboard/orders and designs/something else. On the dashboard page scroll down past your vin and order # and you will see it there in my screenshot.
Interesting. is it the same manual as the one in the app?

I wish Lucid would provide paper copies of the owner's manual to those owners who request them. I've requested a paper copy multiple times and I keep being told there are online versions available. I want to use the book to familiarize myself with the car's features. I don't want to have to switch between the online version and the operation I'm trying to perform and the owner's manual. This is my first new vehicle in over 15 years and it is quite a learning curve to move from an older gas guzzler to the Lucid AGT. A lot of the features are not intuitive for me. It took me multiple tries over several weeks to figure out the adaptive cruise control. Although I am thankful for this forum as I've learned a lot from other Lucid Owners, I would really appreciate a paper copy of the Owners Manual. As much as I paid for this vehicle, I don't think I'm asking too much for a paper copy of the owner's manual.
I downloaded the pdf and stored it on Google drive and I have it available offline on multiple devices and I use the search function which is way better than a hardcopy. One thing lacking in the version on the app is search.

Doesn’t surprise me as it is out of date due to the OTA updates.
I don’t think I‘ve every opened mine

I would wait until the OTA changes stabilize before printout out the manual. then, if you really want to, you can print it out. But an inexpensive tablet with the online manual would be a more useful choice.

I think the manual changes on or around OTA updates. Example is Key Fob. Fob itself shows 3 functions; Manual 2022.30.1 shows 4 actual functions (as does Bobby's video); Manual 2022.46 shows 5 functions. I guess gotta reread constantly?

Latest functions:
- Press once to lock all doors and front and rear trunks.
- Press twice to unlock all doors and front and rear trunks.
- Press and hold the button to open or close the front trunk.
- Give it a short press, followed by a long press to open or close the rear trunk. (NEW in Manual 2022.46, but was in Bobby's video)
- Press the button four times for the panic alarm to trigger; to cancel the panic alarm, press the button four times again or twice to unlock it (Neither my SA nor Studio manager knew this one)

I think the manual changes on or around OTA updates. Example is Key Fob. Fob itself shows 3 functions; Manual 2022.30.1 shows 4 actual functions (as does Bobby's video); Manual 2022.46 shows 5 functions. I guess gotta reread constantly?

Latest functions:
- Press once to lock all doors and front and rear trunks.
- Press twice to unlock all doors and front and rear trunks.
- Press and hold the button to open or close the front trunk.
- Give it a short press, followed by a long press to open or close the rear trunk. (NEW in Manual 2022.46, but was in Bobby's video)
- Press the button four times for the panic alarm to trigger; to cancel the panic alarm, press the button four times again or twice to unlock it (Neither my SA nor Studio manager knew this one)
The key fob is my least favorite thing about the car. From the plasticity feel to only one usable button. It was a complete after thought in an otherwise brilliant vehicle. I was trying to remember how to open the trunk on Friday to put in my groceries and kept locking and unlocking the frunk instead. 😂😂😂 I will figure this out.

The Android app is better but I hate fumbling around with my phone and State Farm always wants to "ding" me for phone usage with that damn Drive Safe and Save beacon so key fob it is.

The key fob is my least favorite thing about the car. From the plasticity feel to only one usable button. It was a complete after thought in an otherwise brilliant vehicle. I was trying to remember how to open the trunk on Friday to put in my groceries and kept locking and unlocking the frunk instead. 😂😂😂 I will figure this out.

The Android app is better but I hate fumbling around with my phone and State Farm always wants to "ding" me for phone usage with that damn Drive Safe and Save beacon so key fob it is.
It would have been better if Lucid had the trunk sensor to open/close with your foot like the Mercedes S class.

It would have been better if Lucid had the trunk sensor to open/close with your foot like the Mercedes S class.
Well, you can open the trunk with your foot if you are very flexible. Probably need your shoes off, though, and a pretty high kick for closing.
Never much cared for the wave-your-foot-around thing personally. "Hey Siri, open the trunk" is easier and doesn't look as foolish.

... "Hey Siri, open the trunk" is easier and doesn't look as foolish.
But talking out loud to your imaginary friends (no matter what their name is) does come across as a bit skeezey...

But talking out loud to your imaginary friends (no matter what their name is) does come across as a bit skeezey...
Nah, you see people all the time, apparently with earbuds in, talking to someone. Are they real or imaginary? Hard to verify, and I wouldn't care to either interrupt a real call, or disturb an imaginary conversation ...

Serious question: why do you need to fumble with your phone? Can you just keep it in your pocket to have it lock it unlock the car? Seems to work well with my iPhone. I know we can’t control the frunk and trunk without actually getting the phone out… So I just go around the side and let the door unlock and then head to the back and press the button, which is ok for folks who don’t use the trunk a lot. I agree with you that the fob is not that nice, in its appearance and functionality, and it’s just another thing to have with me. And to forget about and put in the laundry!

Serious question: why do you need to fumble with your phone? Can you just keep it in your pocket to have it lock it unlock the car? Seems to work well with my iPhone. I know we can’t control the frunk and trunk without actually getting the phone out… So I just go around the side and let the door unlock and then head to the back and press the button, which is ok for folks who don’t use the trunk a lot. I agree with you that the fob is not that nice, in its appearance and functionality, and it’s just another thing to have with me. And to forget about and put in the laundry!
Because as soon as the State Farm Beacon connects to my phone, it's in "Ready to Record" mode and I've gotten dinged for "phone use" even though the car isn't moving. This isn't exclusive to the Lucid. The beacon dings as soon as it connects with the Bluetooth in any of my cars. I usually have to go in and manually tell it I wasn't driving. It's annoying.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230227_143551_Drive Safe & Save.jpg
    Screenshot_20230227_143551_Drive Safe & Save.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 80
Because as soon as the State Farm Beacon connects to my phone, it's in "Ready to Record" mode and I've gotten dinged for "phone use" even though the car isn't moving. This isn't exclusive to the Lucid. The beacon dings as soon as it connects with the Bluetooth in any of my cars. I usually have to go in and manually tell it I wasn't driving. It's annoying.
Really? I very rarely get dinged for "phone distraction", and I often fiddle with my podcast app to get it going with the correct sound source before driving off. I do tend to use the fob for trunk and frunk, but I wouldn't expect the app to have an issue with using the phone unless the car were in motion at the time.

I also tend to put the phone into the wireless charger and close the center console lid, so I can't be tempted to even look at it.

Dang that’s annoying!

Really? I very rarely get dinged for "phone distraction", and I often fiddle with my podcast app to get it going with the correct sound source before driving off. I do tend to use the fob for trunk and frunk, but I wouldn't expect the app to have an issue with using the phone unless the car were in motion at the time.

I also tend to put the phone into the wireless charger and close the center console lid, so I can't be tempted to even look at it.
Yep. It's annoying. The fact that you're telling me you fiddle with your podcast app and no "phone distraction" ding is annoying to me. I'm going to remove and resync all 3 of my beacons to see if it helps.

Yep. It's annoying. The fact that you're telling me you fiddle with your podcast app and no "phone distraction" ding is annoying to me. I'm going to remove and resync all 3 of my beacons to see if it helps.
What’s the deal with those beacons? Is that the law? Or does it give you a better insurance rate? I’ve never heard of that before!

What’s the deal with those beacons? Is that the law? Or does it give you a better insurance rate? I’ve never heard of that before!
I'm not sure about it being law here in PA but it does give me reduced rates among all of my cars.

I'm not sure about it being law here in PA but it does give me reduced rates among all of my cars.
Yeah, StateFarm offers a discount if you are willing to put the little beacon in your car. It logs how you drive so they can see if you are being a complete maniac. I'm usually opposed to such blatant data being collected like that, but I figure Lucid is already logging everywhere I go, anyway.

The beacon talks to your iPhone, where you can see a log of all your trips and how "well" you did. I don't think the location data actually goes to StateFarm. Just the scoring. But who knows?

And it's not like they penalize you for minor stuff. I speed all the time. And it knocks me for "hard cornering" quite a bit, which cracks me up. I feel like I drive pretty tame most of the time.

But come spring, when I want to try out launch mode a bit, I may just leave the beacon home that day. I'll claim the battery died on me, or something.

Back