FEATURE OTA Update 2.1.50

Ya, I'm probably being unfair claiming that software isn't a priority for them. I think I just had the wrong expectations going into this. OTA updates were a big selling point for me and one the of the main reasons I chose to go with Lucid over other more "old-school" car companies.
Lucid's OTA updates have been pretty frequent in the past. But the team had a lot of work to do in the last several months to build UX3.0 and get the Gravity prototypes up and running. I think/hope that OTA updates for the Air will become more frequent again as the year progresses.

I am retired from IT. As a former CTO and Systems Architect, I do not want frequent updates, rather I want more features in an update and a sufficient testing cycle to insure that the updates do NOT break current functionality and new features are thoroughly tested. Hopefully, only very small fixes should ever need to be rolled out more frequently to correct defects that do get through the testing cycle. Tesla releases more often, but Tesla also rolls out a lot of bugs and has a lot of existing issues that need to be dealt with.
Finally someone who understands the complexity of updating software! I have found that no matter how extensive and thorough the software testing. someone will find a bug after it has been released to the real world. The 1.2.1 software that was in my car when I took delivery was far from perfect, but I was able to drive from Seattle to Calif with no real problem. The adaptive cruise control worked as well as my old 2014 Subaru, so I was happy. Since I had never had any of the other functions other than the Nav system I was content with the car as it a blast to drive. The Nav system was no worse or better than the Nav system in my Subaru, but it got the job done. So I have taken each update as an improvement and not worried about what isn't there. I would be happy with my Lucid if there were no further updates as it does more than any other car I have owned.

I do agree but at the same time lucid also launched an update that introduced Bluetooth audio issues and issues installing said update. Then took 2 months to fix one of those 2 issues with no other fixes or enhancements. I think there has to be a happy medium here a little bit. We could be surprised though and they could release another bigger update right after this one. Fingers crossed.
Lots of assumptions here. A few other possible reasons, aside from “being slow”:
1) the issue was in a library they used that they’d updated the version of, and they had to wait for that library to release a new non-buggy version before they could ship a fix
2) tracking down the bug took a long time, because *reasons*

Both of which are more likely than “they took too much vacation” lol

There are no known SW issues with Headlight/Rainsensors.

Anyone seeing an issue should call service.
Actually there are reported issues and Lucid has been notified and has acknowledged them:

Actually there are reported issues and Lucid has been notified and has acknowledged them:

Trust me…. Whomever “acknowledged them” is incorrect.

There are no know SOFTWARE issues with that sensor.

Trust me…. Whomever “acknowledged them” is incorrect.

There are no know SOFTWARE issues with that sensor.
If you looked over the thread, you would see that the Service Center was told by the engineers that this issue is going to be resolved within the next two updates. Since this issue came up right after the 2.1.47 SOFTWARE update, it should be related to that. Other people with the same issue who contact customer care are told it is resolved in a future software update.

Did you personally work on the service ticket for my problem and can confidently say there is no problem, be it software or some non-sensor related hardware issue? This is a reproducible problem. Maybe you can get me in touch with someone who will look at it again, because as far as the Scottsdale Service Center is concerned, the problem will be addressed in a future update and they will not look at it again.

Could be coincidence but after 2.1.50 update the lucid app on my Apple Watch (10.3) is working again.

Could be coincidence but after 2.1.50 update the lucid app on my Apple Watch (10.3) is working again.
It is coincidence. This was a server side issue they appear to have resolved, and it seems to have been the same issue affecting the disappear widget on iOS.

Ya, I'm probably being unfair claiming that software isn't a priority for them. I think I just had the wrong expectations going into this. OTA updates were a big selling point for me and one the of the main reasons I chose to go with Lucid over other more "old-school" car companies.

I've had a Lucid since December 2021. After a very rough first 10 months with the UX 1.0 horror show, Lucid turned a major corner with UX 2.0. The model is only two years old, but there is a very long list of significant feature additions in that time:

- satellite maps
- ability to read a USB music stick (still can't do that in our 2021 Model S)
- easy entry/exit seat feature
- Apple CarPlay
- display of current music selection on driver binnacle
- relocation of frequently used icons on Glass Cockpit and Pilot Panel for added convenience
- multiple ways to display power consumption.

I'm sure there are some I've forgotten, and I know there have been some ADAS updates -- a feature I don't use enough to track the changes.

Contrast this to a friend who bought a VW ID.4 several months before our Lucid was delivered. He just got his first software update a few weeks ago after months of emails from VW that were then followed up by delays as the software rollout was pushed back. When the dealer finally contacted him to bring the car in, they kept it over a week . . . for a software update.

Does this fix the daily reminder that there is an update that was already installed?
Weirdly i got 2.1.47 super late, like probably 3 weeks ago, and i never got the update loop bug. I think they fixed it on the backend. Didn't have to do with any future updates.

I’m having connectivity issues with the app.
This does happen occasionally, and sometimes it’s on their end. Some folks have head luck completely deleting and reinstalling the app, which of course means you will need to redo your mobile key.

Weirdly i got 2.1.47 super late, like probably 3 weeks ago, and i never got the update loop bug. I think they fixed it on the backend. Didn't have to do with any future updates.
Still getting the update reminder. Hope 2.1.50 resolves the problem.

IMG_0264.jpeg

Uh oh, robust updates still not so robust?

I understand the 2.1.50 is an intentional slow rollout. Should I be concerned if I haven't yet received?

Back