OTA Update 2.1.43 - ROBUST THIS! - Important PSA to Update to 2.1.43 ASAP or RIP

It looks like my car will be at Lucid service center for next several days, but curious if my much earlier 2022 Air GT loaner gets the update pushed sooner... Are updates pushed based on delivery dates?
Mine is going in today. I wonder if anything related to this…

I suspect the new update to the updater may have some deployment packet change for the upcoming bi-directional charging flow in the subsequent update. Supposedly the RangeXchange cable is coming this month.

I suspect the new update to the updater may have some deployment packet change for the upcoming bi-directional charging flow in the subsequent update. Supposedly the RangeXchange cable is coming this month.
RangeXchange is supposedly already in our cars. We will see when the adapter finally ships.

“The patience virtue has paid off”
— anonymous
//sarcasm on//
I heard it was to install the Lucid Lightshow. If you line up 5 Lucids in a row, it gives you a synchronized show to "Oh Christmas Tree"...
And then it installs Android Auto
//sarcasm off//
Ps Apologies if you did not see this as a joke.

I took delivery of my AGT on Wednesday. In the About menu option it says I'm on the latest and that is .42. Should I just give it a few more days, or is the something I can do to make the car check again for updates?

I took delivery of my AGT on Wednesday. In the About menu option it says I'm on the latest and that is .42. Should I just give it a few more days, or is the something I can do to make the car check again for updates?
Just wait a few days. They do the updates on a rolling basis and probably takes a week of so to get around to everyone. Although I hear that sitting in your car and staring at the console has absolutely no effect, it hasn't stopped several members from testing that hypothesis. Especially if you enjoy atmos enhanced music...😉

Although I hear that sitting in your car and staring at the console has absolutely no effect, it hasn't stopped several members from testing that hypothesis. Especially if you enjoy atmos enhanced music...😉
As Rodney Dangerfield said, I resemble that comment. 👍

It was a very short update. By the time I got from the garage to the kitchen, made a sandwich, and ate it, the update had already completed and the car had added 2% of charge.

It was a very short update. By the time I got from the garage to the kitchen, made a sandwich, and ate it, the update had already completed and the car had added 2% of charge.
MY big sandwiches result in a MUCH MORE ROBUST update. 🤣

Except VINs are randomized and not based on production date.
It wouldn't make any business sense to randomize VINs, but there are potential reasons why cars might not be built in VIN order. I don't know what they might be for Lucid.

When I got a Tesla in 2014, they were definitely not making them in VIN order. At the time, they had shut down the factory for retooling and there was a lot of activity on a message board trying to figure out why. People were posting their vins, configurations, where they were located, etc. when their cars went into production. VINs caught up to my assigned VIN and moved past them weeks before mine went into production. But people with lower VINs were all clustered on the east coast. It made sense since it would allow Tesla to ship multiple cars in the same direction and have them arrive by EOQ. Starting production on mine a few days before EOQ and getting it to me wasn't a problem since I picked it up at the factory. Tesla was also prioritizing more highly optioned versions, presumably to get more revenue earlier.

Maybe folks who have been around longer can discern some sort of pattern for Lucid. I know that Lucid batches things, and it probably holds true for interiors and colors rather than changing paint color for each car that passes through. It makes more sense than having to pick from a number of different locations in a factory for interior materials for each car and coordinate them at assembly.

It wouldn't make any business sense to randomize VINs, but there are potential reasons why cars might not be built in VIN order. I don't know what they might be for Lucid.

When I got a Tesla in 2014, they were definitely not making them in VIN order. At the time, they had shut down the factory for retooling and there was a lot of activity on a message board trying to figure out why. People were posting their vins, configurations, where they were located, etc. when their cars went into production. VINs caught up to my assigned VIN and moved past them weeks before mine went into production. But people with lower VINs were all clustered on the east coast. It made sense since it would allow Tesla to ship multiple cars in the same direction and have them arrive by EOQ. Starting production on mine a few days before EOQ and getting it to me wasn't a problem since I picked it up at the factory. Tesla was also prioritizing more highly optioned versions, presumably to get more revenue earlier.

Maybe folks who have been around longer can discern some sort of pattern for Lucid. I know that Lucid batches things, and it probably holds true for interiors and colors rather than changing paint color for each car that passes through. It makes more sense than having to pick from a number of different locations in a factory for interior materials for each car and coordinate them at assembly.
We went through this way back during production ramp up. Lucid's VINs are not produced in order and this has been confirmed. End of discussion no more needs to be said about this ever again.

We went through this way back during production ramp up. Lucid's VINs are not produced in order and this has been confirmed. End of discussion no more needs to be said about this ever again.
lol I’m so sorry, I forgot there were some people who weren’t here during that boondoggle

Not even once…6 months from now? ;)

Just curious has anyone actually gotten this update? Or was it just announced but hasn't been pushed out yet?

Just curious has anyone actually gotten this update? Or was it just announced but hasn't been pushed out yet?

I hadn't been in the car since last Thursday, but it was waiting for download when I got in the car this morning (Monday).

I have gotten the update. At least a few others have said they did as well. So rollout has begun. But I would give it some time for all cars to get it.

This one is super important. So you do want to install as soon as you can once the car says it’s ready. But I would say at least another week before people should begin to worry.

I have gotten the update. At least a few others have said they did as well. So rollout has begun. But I would give it some time for all cars to get it.

This one is super important. So you do want to install as soon as you can once the car says it’s ready. But I would say at least another week before people should begin to worry.
Yep understood, was just wondering if I should be looking for it or if it was a future update. Sounds like its out there now, so I'll keep an eye out.

Back