OTA update 2.1.42

I've pointed this out multiple times but Lucid software is not good. Every time I say that, a lot of people disagree or say other (manufacturer that won't be named so I don't start another war) is much worse. They say I was just used to the other manufacturers bugs (which I still disagree with). So take what I say with a grain of salt but thus far in my 3 weeks, I still experience a lot of bugs and hiccups that many in this thread have suffered from.
I feel your pain, my friend. I can barely get the mobile key to work consistently and my car plays doesn't connect every other day. Had to reboot to get the car plays to work again. I've had way cheaper cars with car plays working at all times lol. But nonetheless, it's a great car, however, it's not without issues. They can absolutely improve on a lot of things.

I feel your pain, my friend. I can barely get the mobile key to work consistently and my car plays doesn't connect every other day. Had to reboot to get the car plays to work again. I've had way cheaper cars with car plays working at all times lol. But nonetheless, it's a great car, however, it's not without issues. They can absolutely improve on a lot of things.
The problems you guys are having are not normal. Schedule a service appointment and get service to do a software reset of some sort.

The problems you guys are having are not normal. Schedule a service appointment and get service to do a software reset of some sort.
I already have. Scheduling was 1.5 months out. I took their first open slot. They have 8 things to fix on my car and think it will take about a week. They are nervous they won’t be able to give me a loaner though which I’m nervous about too.

I already have. Scheduling was 1.5 months out. I took their first open slot. They have 8 things to fix on my car and think it will take about a week. They are nervous they won’t be able to give me a loaner though which I’m nervous about too.
Wow. Good luck. And you are in Phoenix which makes no sense why they would have no loaners.

Wow. Good luck. And you are in Phoenix which makes no sense why they would have no loaners.
Yeah the first slot they had was a Friday. They told me that they also service parts of Texas and New Mexico. Thus the long appointment leads along with lack of loaners. They said typically by the end of the week, they are out of loaners but they didn’t have slots available the beginning of the week so I took what I could get.

Anyone experiencing send address from phone to Air won’t work at this 2.1.42 build?

What does it do?
Just didn’t happen I tried it 3 times this morning when I sent address from Apple map. I gave up and just input address from pilot screen.

My car went to service today and I have a GT loaner. I can confirm that the spotify issue is unique to my car as it works on the loaner but the cell phone issue is present in both cars which isn't great news as it means reinstalling the software may not get rid of this problem.

Another minor thing I noticed is that I think there is either something wrong with the design of the wiper blades/system or the windshield. On both my car and the loaner, there is a streak of water left on the driver's side when the wipers move down... Wiping up is clear but down leaves a steak sort of in the middle of the windshield, right in my line of sight. I'm on my 3rd wiper blade set (entire assembly) and have replaced the actual rubber inserts and although I can make it a bit better, I am never left with a perfectly clear windshield, which is a challenge living in "rain-couver", BC. I even installed a windshield ppf to see if that would help and it didn't! 🤦

Just didn’t happen I tried it 3 times this morning when I sent address from Apple map. I gave up and just input address from pilot screen.
I've done it from Google Maps with the update. I haven't tried apple but will later today. As an aside you can also use the Lucid app to input an address and send it to the car.

I've done it from Google Maps with the update. I haven't tried apple but will later today. As an aside you can also use the Lucid app to input an address and send it to the car.
I completely forgot you can do that from navigation in Lucid mobile app.

Anyone experiencing send address from phone to Air won’t work at this 2.1.42 build?
Mine seems pretty hit or miss. Sometimes it works flawlessly, other times it doesn't work at all. Yes I make sure the car is awake (even though this should happen automatically), yes I make sure its a single address with no stops. Just seems like of random when it wants to work or not.

I mean, obviously, we have. Software glitches can't be fixed by the techs. Lucid just has to spend more resources to improve their software.

My car went to service today and I have a GT loaner. I can confirm that the spotify issue is unique to my car as it works on the loaner but the cell phone issue is present in both cars which isn't great news as it means reinstalling the software may not get rid of this problem.

Another minor thing I noticed is that I think there is either something wrong with the design of the wiper blades/system or the windshield. On both my car and the loaner, there is a streak of water left on the driver's side when the wipers move down... Wiping up is clear but down leaves a steak sort of in the middle of the windshield, right in my line of sight. I'm on my 3rd wiper blade set (entire assembly) and have replaced the actual rubber inserts and although I can make it a bit better, I am never left with a perfectly clear windshield, which is a challenge living in "rain-couver", BC. I even installed a windshield ppf to see if that would help and it didn't! 🤦
I think the wipers move slightly too fast or the wipers need a slight tweak to fix this. I agree that it's slightly annoying.

I mean, obviously, we have. Software glitches can't be fixed by the techs. Lucid just has to spend more resources to improve their software.
It’s not always a software glitch. For example, @Bobby had issues with mobile key until he had his rear antenna replaced (I believe?)

So yeah, call service.

I completely forgot you can do that from navigation in Lucid mobile app.
Shared from Apple Maps without issue. I didn’t know you could do it from the Lucid app for the first 8 months of ownership 😂

It’s not always a software glitch. For example, @Bobby had issues with mobile key until he had his rear antenna replaced (I believe?)

So yeah, call service.
I did, as I said the tech can't fix software glitches. The 3 other lucid owners I know all had carplay issues, not sure why some of you don't. But I've just simply learned to accept for what it is as a new company.

Not entirely sure why some of you think we don't reach out to service as the first thing to do. Better to learn it's a "no" from lucid than a forum.

I did, as I said the tech can't fix software glitches. The 3 other lucid owners I know all had carplay issues, not sure why some of you don't. But I've just simply learned to accept for what it is as a new company.

Not entirely sure why some of you think we don't reach out to service as the first thing to do. Better to learn it's a "no" from lucid than a forum.
I'm starting to think that the level of acceptance is different for users like you and I. I have a heavy tech background and work at one of the biggest cybersecurity vendors in the world. I notice things that maybe others do not. I tended to maximize the features I had in previous vehicles. I'm the one that stalks both reddit and the forums to find the cool easter eggs that my car can do. My lense is probably skewed from a tech perspective for SOME of the issues I complain about.

However, I do think there are some overarching bigger issues that do tend to get downplayed. I'm in the same boat with you though that some of these issues are just part of the experience even though that experience can be bad.

Back