OTA 2.1.2 / 2.1.3

Don’t bother… it’s software. Unfortunately there’s nothing they can do. They replaced every module in the system on my car with no improvement. I hope we get a software update soon!!!!!!!!
I hope it helps more than just CarPlay, as I find the microphone in the Air to less than measure up to much of the rest of the car... heck, my VW GTI's far outperforms the AGT's.

That’s good to know. I was thinking that my CarPlay issues were related to IOS 17 Beta that I’m running on my IPhone.
I’m also on the beta software. My phone is crystal clear in my other cars on CarPlay. And other (non beta) phones sound bad in the Lucid. It’s the car. This bug is a huge bother to those who need to make calls from the car.

I’m also on the beta software. My phone is crystal clear in my other cars on CarPlay. And other (non beta) phones sound bad in the Lucid. It’s the car. This bug is a huge bother to those who need to make calls from the car.
+1
huge annoyance...have to carry AirPods in the car for a frustration free conversation :(

it's impossible to do a Slack call in the car too but idk who that falls on to be fair.

+1
huge annoyance...have to carry AirPods in the car for a frustration free conversation :(
This is exactly what I do. Calls are problematic both with and without CarPlay.

Can attest to the difficulty in making calls. Love everything else about my GT but calling is an issue right now. My wife doesn't even want to pick up if she knows I'm driving. Hopefully a fix very soon!

This is weird. Outside of carplay using normal Bluetooth, I have 0 microphone issues and enjoy calling from the car. No one ever complains of not being able to hear me. Is this an iPhone only issue?

This is weird. Outside of carplay using normal Bluetooth, I have 0 microphone issues and enjoy calling from the car. No one ever complains of not being able to hear me. Is this an iPhone only issue?
Yes because Android is superior 😁

I bought a second set to leave in the car. Even before CarPlay started having issues I found that more than half the time the person on the other end could barely hear me.

Attachments

• IMG_0178.webp
    IMG_0178.webp
    616.1 KB · Views: 55
Interesting! I have an old iPhone XR and calls in the car are crystal clear.

Interesting! I have an old iPhone XR and calls in the car are crystal clear.
Clear to your ear… but what about the person on the other end of the call?

Wife says there's a little echo or reverberation of her voice at the very beginning of the call, but that almost immediately goes away and the rest of the call is good.

Throwing this out there, but what are the chances that Lucid isn’t updating CarPlay because they are getting ready for the next gen of CarPlay, which is supposed to be announced soon? Wishful thinking?

I bought a second set to leave in the car. Even before CarPlay started having issues I found that more than half the time the person on the other end could barely hear me.
… is that an aftermarket pair of wireless charging bases in the center console?

- T

… is that an aftermarket pair of wireless charging bases in the center console?

- T

Works really well, I and a number of owners here all have it and can agree I think

Throwing this out there, but what are the chances that Lucid isn’t updating CarPlay because they are getting ready for the next gen of CarPlay, which is supposed to be announced soon? Wishful thinking?
We will get CarPlay 2 eventually. But it’s not why they aren’t fixing any bugs in the current implementation.

To be honest, when it comes to wireless CarPlay, buggy connection type issues are somewhat par for the course. I drove a recent BMW X3 this summer for a few weeks, and it would often have similar issues getting the connection to CarPlay to start working. My Lucid CarPlay is actually a lot more consistent than that car was.

We will get CarPlay 2 eventually. But it’s not why they aren’t fixing any bugs in the current implementation.

To be honest, when it comes to wireless CarPlay, buggy connection type issues are somewhat par for the course. I drove a recent BMW X3 this summer for a few weeks, and it would often have similar issues getting the connection to CarPlay to start working. My Lucid CarPlay is actually a lot more consistent than that car was.
The handshake and connection has been much better lately. It’s the outgoing sound that is the problem in my vehicle. Sometimes the person on the other end can’t hear me at all. Sometimes they can hear me but not very well. Never is it perfectly clear. They tried to chase it down and replace several modules with no improvement. The sound in my other two vehicles that have CarPlay, on the very same phone, is much better. I am at the understanding that it has something to do with the interaction between the Android automotive operating system and CarPlay itself. I’m hoping for a software update to address that.

Same here, zero isues. But, I'm using Android, which as hydbob said, is far superior, lol.

Back