OTA 1.2.7

Installed last night. I haven't tried it yet.

It was more backend stuff. Communication \ wireless improvements etc. hopefully it helps with Tidal cutting out less frequently.

Have to wait for official announcement
If it's coming within the next month I really wish Lucid's PR would get with the program and tease this stuff. The whole companies communication strategy is just strange. They know CarPlay \ Android Auto is a big deal so why not do some sneak peeks on Twitter etc. with a statement "all will be revealed next month" etc.

Instead, they just let someone leak some shoddy pic on Reddit that we don't know are real or fake. They really just aren't that good at controlling their own narrative.

If it's coming within the next month I really wish Lucid's PR would get with the program and tease this stuff. The whole companies communication strategy is just strange. They know CarPlay \ Android Auto is a big deal so why not do some sneak peeks on Twitter etc. with a statement "all will be revealed next month" etc.

Instead, they just let someone leak some shoddy pic on Reddit that we don't know are real or fake. They really just aren't that good at controlling their own narrative.
Maybe PR is doing that intentionally, worked super well for Google in the early days...

Probably because they are adults running a corporation and not a summer camp for tweens.

Probably because they are adults running a corporation and not a summer camp for tweens.
Really? You would think seasoned adults after all these months would figure out how to get better quality cars off the production line and not have to constantly halt deliveries to tweak the process. Seems like it's being run like a daycare center \ circus and they need to put their big boy pants on.

People need to have patience. I also have a 2017 Model s 100D with FSD. No promised updates yet.

A new company always will have some shortcomings in the beginning. Talk to Elon why he is promising for years, he can't fulfill.

I reserved mine in April of 2017, waited almost 5 years to get my DE. I am willing to wait. Others should too. not an easy venture for a brand new company.

For me, I'm not a fan of CarPlay and can take it or leave it. It does seem though that this has been a pretty big gripe from many customers to a point that Peter even mentioned it in an interview that it was a priority. Given Lucid is fully aware and admit they have a communication problem it would've been nice to see an email like Peter did in January to say "it's coming X month". It would've been a quick win for them. Instead, people are still complaining because they've been given no timeline from Lucid and pictures have leaked online.

I get they're a new company and still learning the ropes but a bit of a missed opportunity in my opinion.

There are going to be a bunch of missed opportunities before anything is fully well established.

I remember a few missed opportunities myself in my life.

Don't you?

Car Play will be coming. Probably sooner than many people think.

Have to wait for official announcement.
People need to have patience. I also have a 2017 Model s 100D with FSD. No promised updates yet.

A new company always will have some shortcomings in the beginning. Talk to Elon why he is promising for years, he can't fulfill.

I reserved mine in April of 2017, waited almost 5 years to get my DE. I am willing to wait. Others should too. not an easy venture for a brand new company.
Glad to have you back @ashoka8350 and posting again! You were, if not the first, one of the first to take a chance on a new car company as evidenced by DE 004 (I think 1-3 went to insiders). I know you were patiently waiting for almos5 5 years until production started. I think everyone is now seeing the new toys and it’s always harder to wait when you see what you want out there but it is just beyond your reach. Keep us looking at the big picture,

I notice something NEW when I was approaching my driveway, the Home Link button started to pop up and drop down the list automatically. Is that what people called it “geofencing” setup? At first, I thought this might be a glitch, so I circled away and came back, it did it again. Now I don’t have to click top command bar, click my profile, click my garage door, the list just automatically dropped down. I have 3 garage doors programmed. This conveniently helped me doing less screen touching. Is this new from 1.2.7 or was it from 1.2.6? Because I honestly don’t remember it does that before.

I notice something NEW when I was approaching my driveway, the Home Link button started to pop up and drop down the list automatically. Is that what people called it “geofencing” setup? At first, I thought this might be a glitch, so I circled away and came back, it did it again. Now I don’t have to click top command bar, click my profile, click my garage door, the list just automatically dropped down. I have 3 garage doors programmed. This conveniently helped me doing less screen touching. Is this new from 1.2.7 or was it from 1.2.6? Because I honestly don’t remember it does that before.
Was in 1.2.6. Now I just need it to stay up for longer (I have a gate and a garage door, 2 button pushes)

The Geofencing has been there even in 1.0.4. Problem is that it only works when coming back home and not leaving =P

The Geofencing has been there even in 1.0.4. Problem is that it only works when coming back home and not leaving =P
Serious, I had to click to find which door to open. Now it just shows the list. I honest don’t remember it does that in the past. Maybe it never worked for me before that I didn’t even know there is such feature. 😂

Maybe PR is doing that intentionally, worked super well for Google in the early days...
With the earnings call coming up and really poor production numbers vs. expected they need something to distract from this. A major software release with Car play and Android Auto would be the perfect answer.

With the earnings call coming up and really poor production numbers vs. expected they need something to distract from this. A major software release with Car play and Android Auto would be the perfect answer.
I doubt CarPlay would be a big distraction to concerns over not coming close to delivery/production estimates. But it would make me happy.

I have only been on 1.2.6 and it has always dropped down for me. Once for the gate when I enter our community and again when I get close to the garage. It is geofenced as it knows when I am at the gate because only the gate shows and when I am at the garage only the garage shows. If I pull the Homelink down manually, both show.

Back