OTA 1.2.11

I love how the two of you are sitting in your cars at 10pm sharing this info. Wives are probably saying "not again can't it wait until morning yo share with your online friends?"
It’s actually 12am CST here. She’s already in bed.🤣 I’m having my Dolby ATMOS and massage pamper moment while Air is being charged. 🤭

Attachments

• 87CC7B1A-CA41-4ABF-AC1F-FECBBDC7B976.jpeg
    87CC7B1A-CA41-4ABF-AC1F-FECBBDC7B976.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
Seriously, this reminds me every bit like AutoCAD software.

2EBBBDF0-766B-45F3-A6A1-BA14200AB977.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: DJL
Woke up this morning to the update notification, but 90 minutes - not enough time before I have to leave. Will have to install at the office. Glad to see them coming!

Wait... so US Customers get free charging in Electrify Canada? When I asked my SA, they mentioned that Canadians only got 2 years free of Canada.

So from the US, you get 3 years free in both US and Canada... But you purchase in Canada, you only get 2 years Free in Canada only.

Interesting.

Wait... so US Customers get free charging in Electrify Canada? When I asked my SA, they mentioned that Canadians only got 2 years free of Canada.

So from the US, you get 3 years free in both US and Canada... But you purchase in Canada, you only get 2 years Free in Canada only.

Interesting.
US customers do not get free Electrify Canada charging as far as I’m aware.

US customers do not get free Electrify Canada charging as far as I’m aware.
Ahhh... the update must be referring to Canadian Drivers only when it mentions "Drivers looking for complimentary charging in Canada" (At one of the abundance of Electrify Canada chargers)

Ahhh... the update must be referring to Canadian Drivers only when it mentions "Drivers looking for complimentary charging in Canada" (At one of the abundance of Electrify Canada chargers)
Correct. I traveled in Canada from the US in June and used Electrify Canada but had to pay.

I love how the two of you are sitting in your cars at 10pm sharing this info. Wives are probably saying "not again can't it wait until morning yo share with your online friends?"
I told my wife I was going to walk the dog. He was, in fact, downstairs when I slipped into the garage. That dirty bugger then gave me up because when I got back upstairs, he was cuddled up in bed with her. She just said “what else is new in the update?” 😂

I told my wife I was going to walk the dog. He was, in fact, downstairs when I slipped into the garage. That dirty bugger then gave me up because when I got back upstairs, he was cuddled up in bed with her. She just said “what else is new in the update?” 😂
Time to upgrade the dog to the Sapphire model...

If you have your notifications on, the app will notify you when there is an update. Also, if you have an update there is a little dot by the shield icon.
Trust me, it is all ON but when the firmware is not sent to you, who becomes responsible?

Haha yeah EC is rather unimpressive. Not a single station in all of Vancouver!

Noob Q (on behalf of other noobs?)

- Based on earlier update 'bricking' somebody's car, do you folks advise to wait for a few days? 1 week?
- @hydbob mentioned the updates don't 'roll up'. Meaning if I go on a 3 month holiday, and there are say 5 updates, I cannot just plug in the latest update? I need to go back & request Lucid SC to push the first 4, before I get the 5th?

When I picked the car up last week, SC told me the updates roll up; meaning I don't have to initiate the install for the earlier updates. The bother was, I need to by physically present next to the car to initiate updates.

TIA

When I picked the car up last week, SC told me the updates roll up; meaning I don't have to initiate the install for the earlier updates. The bother was, I need to by physically present next to the car to initiate updates.

TIA
You don’t need to be physically present. I did last 2 OTA updates remotely from my mobile app. But you do need more than 20% SOC for any update to happen.

- Based on earlier update 'bricking' somebody's car, do you folks advise to wait for a few days? 1 week?
- @hydbob mentioned the updates don't 'roll up'. Meaning if I go on a 3 month holiday, and there are say 5 updates, I cannot just plug in the latest update? I need to go back & request Lucid SC to push the first 4, before I get the 5th?

TIA
If they do "roll up" now that's great and new to me, so I hope it's true because that makes the most sense. As far as "bricking" a car, I think only @Alex has a confirmed case of that as far as I can remember.

Update completed and I haven't had a chance to get outside to the car, but I checked the car on the app and the functions seem to work much faster than before. Lock/unlock, turning on the the air conditioning both happened in 2-3 seconds vs 15-30 seconds before. Great news!!

Update completed and I haven't had a chance to get outside to the car, but I checked the car on the app and the functions seem to work much faster than before. Lock/unlock, turning on the the air conditioning both happened in 2-3 seconds vs 15-30 seconds before. Great news!!
I noticed this as well but didn’t want to get everyone too excited. Car appears to wake faster, too. Same for you?

TIA
Just so you know, you can initiate the updates from your phone. I got the notifications for the last 2 updates while in New Zealand and though I didn't install them remotely, the phone can see the car just as easily. Now, if you are leaving the car plugged in, that may be an issue. I cannot recall whether you still need to unplug for updates.

I noticed this as well but didn’t want to get everyone too excited. Car appears to wake faster, too. Same for you?
Yes, definitely wakes faster from the app (10-15 seconds) and the controls really are 2-3 seconds now after wake up.

Just so you know, you can initiate the updates from your phone. I got the notifications for the last 2 updates while in New Zealand and though I didn't install them remotely, the phone can see the car just as easily. Now, if you are leaving the car plugged in, that may be an issue. I cannot recall whether you still need to unplug for updates.
Hmmm . Again, I was told to leave the car plugged in during my absence. But updates had to be manually initiated. (And I was advised above, that is not the case.)

And if there is an update, you initiate it, exit the car. The vehicle locks, stops charging & installs update(s).

Back