Oregon Teeterer Has Tottered

Gizmoidal

Verified Owner
Cars
Zenith Red AT
A bit ago I posted about my being up in the air (heh) about whether or not to upgrade my order from AP to AT. I finally pulled the trigger a couple of weeks ago: My Zenith Red Touring is now in production, and I will be picking it up in Seattle at some as-yet unknown point in the future. This leads to several new issues: PPF or not? If so, do I sacrifice more of my children’s inheritance and go for a full wrap? What about just a ceramic coat? And where do I take the vehicle for the detailing work? I’ve found some discussion here about detailers in the Seattle area, but very little about detailers in the Portland are, where I live. Finally, there’s the question of the front license plate. Oregon law is pretty clear that one is required. Does anyone here have any experience using a wrapped front plate instead of a metal one in Oregon? I would prefer not to disrupt the lovely profile of my Air with a slab of aluminum if I can avoid it.

Thanks for all of the advice and good sense in these forums. I test drove a Touring a week ago and mentioned these forums to my sales advisor. I shouldn’t have been surprised, but Lucid employees are well aware of what is said here, and my SA spoke highly of some of the solid advice being offered by the Air owners who hang out here. Well done!

Exciting choice!

I've had PPF applied to a car in the past and while it did work, I'm not sure it was worth the cost over just having someone touch up rock chips every couple years. If I did PPF again I'd only do the front clip: vertical front plus hood and front fenders.

I'm waiting for Lucid service center to return my car so I could get it wrapped with PF.

As far as your "PPF or not? If so, do I sacrifice more of my children’s inheritance and go for a full wrap?" You will not sacrifice your children's inheritance. Maybe a year of allowance s, but not inheritance. 😁

I'm waiting for Lucid service center to return my car so I could get it wrapped with PF.

As far as your "PPF or not? If so, do I sacrifice more of my children’s inheritance and go for a full wrap?" You will not sacrifice your children's inheritance. Maybe a year of allowance s, but not inheritance. 😁
If you don't fly first class, your children will.

I went for front PPF with full ceramic coat.

PPF front to protect from rock chips and easy de-bugging of the front grille.

Back