Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

And got my VIN today...ZR/TAHOE
Congrats - I don't see you in tracker...
What was your original reservation date and final confirmation date?

Tell me about it. I have many other things I should be thinking about right now, but I just don't seem to care much.
I thought about, and talked about not much else for 30 months while I waited for my AGT! Now that I'm on the other side of it, I can say it was all worth it! All of the frustration with waiting, seeing people get theirs before me that confirmed after me, knowing that there were all sorts of logistics at play that I didn't understand, and hearing not much from my DA, but all the while still waiting excitedly. There were a few disappointments, but I realized a lot of my expectations were from my own assumptions, not promises from Lucid. I've been along for this ride since 2019, and will continue to be. Anxiously awaiting your post that your car has been delivered :) And everyone else's too! Hang in there everyone..

I really hope they can get you a VIN and subsequently your car very soon! Spoke to the DA in Tysons and he said the place was a madhouse so I have my fingers crossed for ya that it will show up PDQ. 🤞
Thanks!

I apologize, let me rephrase, timing the market doesn't work for " most " people. I NEVER trade. I'm an investor, buy companies I belive in strongly and hardly sell. Being a trader, I understand why you want to sell since guess I you made gains on your past trades. I had the notion you were not a professional trader but an investor who has another main source of income. Perhaps you should sell something other than LCID, considering it has bottomed and there is no where to go except up! Many VINS coming today, deliveries will hit a record this quarter. I'm expecting $300 million on 2000 deliveries- this is the low end. Next year if ramp up contnues they will make 2 billion next year, average cost 100k, 20k deliveries. Don't listen to the lies Tesla fanboys and Ego Musk put out. With the pure, demand will be huge all over the WORLD!
Thank you for your apology. Accepted.

Actually, I am not a professional trader. I am self taught. I was a Podiatrist for 21 years. My wife who was my office manager advised me to retire early and trade stocks full time as I was consistently making 2-3x what I was I was making in my practice.

My comments concerning tax harvesting actually was towards another forum owner on this board who I agreed with his decision. I previously mentioned on this board that I do not own any LCID stock at the present time.

I originally bought 25,000 shares at the price of 22 when It was CCIV before it converted to LCID. I sold 250 call options strike price 30 for 2 points netting $50,000. When the option expired, I sold another 250 call options for another 2 points receiving another 50K. This time to my horror, the stock went to 30, then 40, then to the upper 50's, and I was kicking myself for selling the second call option too soon. LCID then steadily dropped down to about 35 when my option was called in and my stock was sold at 30(netting me an additional $200,000. After paying 50% taxes on 300K of short term trades(Federal tax plus 10% Oregon state tax plus 2.8% Obama health tax) the remaining 150K after taxes was more than enough to buy my AGT(139K at the time). Though my timing was far from perfect and I could have made a lot more if I held off, I was more than satisfied with the result. Expecting perfection in a trade is possible but rarely achieved.

Once I saw that Lucid was having trouble producing cars and was cutting its scheduled production from 20,000 to 14,000 to 7,000, I kept away and have never bought back the stock since. I may change my mind later, but at this time, I prefer to hold off, but I certainly can understand others buying more at this low price. I'm just not sure about the short term future direction of the stock at this time since we will probably be going into a recession with high inflation crimping peoples expenses, though you may be right and this may be the perfect time to buy

I got my VIN for my ZR/SC. I logged into my Lucid account just now. My Dashboard shows "In Production". Also Tidal Code is assigned. Not sure what that is. I got the apply for financing 3 days. ago. Lucid must have heard the suggestion to provide status online. I have not heard from my DA yet.

I got my VIN for my ZR/SC. I logged into my Lucid account just now. My Dashboard shows "In Production". Also Tidal Code is assigned. Not sure what that is. I got the apply for financing 3 days. ago. Lucid must have heard the suggestion to provide status online. I have not heard from my DA yet.
Ditto for me. Dashboard now has vehicle as being "in production", Vin and tidal code listed. Radio silence from DA and no email from Lucid.

Same ... that page just popped up on my Lucid Account page as well.

I have the dashboard change as well. I checked it this morning and that wasn’t the case. It apparently changed after my DA forwarded my VIN to me.

Got VIN today. New DA called me to give the info. He confirmed registration address and payment (loan/lease) preference. Email arrived later. No change in dashboard yet. Still says "Apply for a loan/Lease".

Silver/Tahoe
Congratulations.

I see the pick up location mentioned in the dashboard as

Pickup location: 14820 North Freeway Suite 600 [HOUSTON]

Without any consent, they chose Houston as my pick up point. Interesting to see what appears in your dashboard. I am planning to leave the way it is until I get closer to the delivery date.

@joec Please update the tracker to VIN assignment. Apparently, sometime late this afternoon, my dashboard updated to show my ZR/SC build is heading to production so I assume my VIN has been assigned. I'm not sure what the Tidal code is though. No call from DA yet tonight or offical email from Lucid with the VIN. Question, do I need the actual VIN to add the car to my insurance?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221209_195108_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221209_195108_Chrome.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 100
Logged onto my Lucid account today and saw that I was assigned a Delivery Advisor (Brandon).
I assume he must have a few other clients on the forum. Any feedback/advice?
My Lucid Dashboard is asking me to upload insurance information.
Do I upload my existing insurance policy for my other cars or do I need to get a policy for the Touring?
Have no VIN yet so it'd be tough to do the latter.
Thanks.

Just spoke to my DA. She expects me to get my VIN assigned tomorrow, and have a vehicle ready for delivery the week of 12/19. She has 17 vehicles being delivered to customers this weekend at Costa Mesa, CA. The factory is firing on all cylinders to get vehicles produced and delivered this month.
Quantum Grey/Tahoe.

Just spoke to my DA. She expects me to get my VIN assigned tomorrow, and have a vehicle ready for delivery the week of 12/19. She has 17 vehicles being delivered to customers this weekend at Costa Mesa, CA. The factory is firing on all cylinders to get vehicles produced and delivered this month.
Quantum Grey/Tahoe.
Love the reference to “firing on all cylinders”
GOOD ONE!!! 🤣

@joec Please update the tracker to VIN assignment. Apparently, sometime late this afternoon, my dashboard updated to show my ZR/SC build is heading to production so I assume my VIN has been assigned. I'm not sure what the Tidal code is though. No call from DA yet tonight or offical email from Lucid with the VIN. Question, do I need the actual VIN to add the car to my insurance?
Tidal code is what you will need for 3 months free of Tidal HiFi for the Dolby Atmos experience.

Same here for my red/Tahoe. No email or DA contact, just showed a new dashboard page on the website with the info.

Joe - update me with vin assigned 12-9

Thanks!

Pete

@joec .. New user here.
Quantum Grey, Santa Cruz Interior, 20” Aero Lite Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof, Surreal sound, Dream drive pro, TX
Reservation - June 13th 2022
Finalized - Nov 8th 2022
VIN - Dec 8th 2022
Dashboard update with TIDAL code - Dec 9th 2022

Reactions: Joe
Back