Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Thank you for your apology. Accepted.

Actually, I am not a professional trader. I am self taught. I was a Podiatrist for 21 years. My wife who was my office manager advised me to retire early and trade stocks full time as I was consistently making 2-3x what I was I was making in my practice.

My comments concerning tax harvesting actually was towards another forum owner on this board who I agreed with his decision. I previously mentioned on this board that I do not own any LCID stock at the present time.

I originally bought 25,000 shares at the price of 22 when It was CCIV before it converted to LCID. I sold 250 call options strike price 30 for 2 points netting $50,000. When the option expired, I sold another 250 call options for another 2 points receiving another 50K. This time to my horror, the stock went to 30, then 40, then to the upper 50's, and I was kicking myself for selling the second call option too soon. LCID then steadily dropped down to about 35 when my option was called in and my stock was sold at 30(netting me an additional $200,000. After paying 50% taxes on 300K of short term trades(Federal tax plus 10% Oregon state tax plus 2.8% Obama health tax) the remaining 150K after taxes was more than enough to buy my AGT(139K at the time). Though my timing was far from perfect and I could have made a lot more if I held off, I was more than satisfied with the result. Expecting perfection in a trade is possible but rarely achieved.

Once I saw that Lucid was having trouble producing cars and was cutting its scheduled production from 20,000 to 14,000 to 7,000, I kept away and have never bought back the stock since. I may change my mind later, but at this time, I prefer to hold off, but I certainly can understand others buying more at this low price. I'm just not sure about the short term future direction of the stock at this time since we will probably be going into a recession with high inflation crimping peoples expenses, though you may be right and this may be the perfect time to buy
Wish you the best! I’m not too versed with options.

If Pure production is starting, wouldn’t you expect AT with the metal roof (like my order) to be before the bulk of the Pures?

Also any idea how long after Tidal code generation in lucid dashboard page can we expect the VIN ?

also how long it’s taking from VIN assign to delivery in California?

@joec Please update the tracker to VIN assignment. Apparently, sometime late this afternoon, my dashboard updated to show my ZR/SC build is heading to production so I assume my VIN has been assigned. I'm not sure what the Tidal code is though. No call from DA yet tonight or offical email from Lucid with the VIN. Question, do I need the actual VIN to add the car to my insurance?
So happy for you. Yes, your insurance company will likely need the VIN in order to add the car to your policy.

Logged onto my Lucid account today and saw that I was assigned a Delivery Advisor (Brandon).
I assume he must have a few other clients on the forum. Any feedback/advice?
My Lucid Dashboard is asking me to upload insurance information.
Do I upload my existing insurance policy for my other cars or do I need to get a policy for the Touring?
Have no VIN yet so it'd be tough to do the latter.
Thanks.
You will need a VIN to add the car to your insurance. But you may be able to get a quote in the meantime.

Logged onto my Lucid account today and saw that I was assigned a Delivery Advisor (Brandon).
I assume he must have a few other clients on the forum. Any feedback/advice?
My Lucid Dashboard is asking me to upload insurance information.
Do I upload my existing insurance policy for my other cars or do I need to get a policy for the Touring?
Have no VIN yet so it'd be tough to do the latter.
Thanks.
Also, Brandon is awesome. He is my DA, too. And I’ve found him to be excellent and responsive.

If Pure production is starting, wouldn’t you expect AT with the metal roof (like my order) to be before the bulk of the Pures?
Not necessarily. My understanding is that Pure will be on an entirely different production line.

Got my vin today also. Interesting, I don’t have DD Pro on my order and it is in production anyway.
I don't have a VIN yet but like others my page has updated and shows preparing for production. Like you I opted for standard DD.

The new dashboard must have happened sometime today. A welcome change. Hopefully this helps folks who have been clamoring for more info about where they stand in the process.

Also, Brandon is awesome. He is my DA, too. And I’ve found him to be excellent and responsive.
That's great.
And thanks for letting me know.
The positive public feedback on Brandon is nice, too.
Can't even imagine the pressure from multiple fronts on the Lucid staff.
I'm awaiting his response regarding the insurance thing.
BTW, I also got the Tidal code, which I thought was kind of unusual since I've been told Q1 2023 for my production.

The new dashboard must have happened sometime today. A welcome change. Hopefully this helps folks who have been clamoring for more info about where they stand in the process.
I wonder if this is a global change for all confirmed orders? Or is there anyone who doesn't have the new dashboard?

Had a nice conversation with my DA today. I am (unfortunately) one if the group who wants the Mojave interior on my Black Touring and as a result have no chance of getting EOY or the $7500 rebate. DA told me that I should expect VIN assignment and build sometime in January for an expected February delivery.

I am so happy (plus a bit jealous) for those getting their car before year end and wish you all the best. It has been great reading all the excited messages and I hope it works out for you all. I‘m trying to console myself that since I can‘t get mine in time for year end, I won‘t have any Christmas stress. 😂

Had a nice conversation with my DA today. I am (unfortunately) one if the group who wants the Mojave interior on my Black Touring and as a result have no chance of getting EOY or the $7500 rebate. DA told me that I should expect VIN assignment and build sometime in January for an expected February delivery.
The tracker says you’re not getting Surreal Sound Pro - is that correct? If so good news for those of us not getting fully loaded cars.

That must be a mistake. My order is Black Touring, 19 inch wheels, Mojave, SS Pro and DD Pro.

Also any idea how long after Tidal code generation in lucid dashboard page can we expect the VIN ?

also how long it’s taking from VIN assign to delivery in California?

Not sure about the first one as I didn't even realize that info was on the dashboard 🤦‍♂️

But for me VIN assigned 11/28 and Delivery scheduled for 12/17 (I could have had it this weekend but they let me know a bit last minute and I couldn't get everything done in time).

I'm again re-evaluating my decision for 19 inch vs. 20 inch.
For now, my order is 20 inch.
According to the tracker, my manual, rough count is about 61 orders for 19 inch vs. 82 for 20 or 21 inch.

Back