Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

I got my VIN for my ZR/SC. I logged into my Lucid account just now. My Dashboard shows "In Production". Also Tidal Code is assigned. Not sure what that is. I got the apply for financing 3 days. ago. Lucid must have heard the suggestion to provide status online. I have not heard from my DA yet.
@Negan1000 which DA or City you are at? I check my account today, got a vin assign today too but no communication from DA.

@joec - logged on the account. Shows “Preparing for production”. I couldn’t find the VIN though ,..

I had a very interesting conversation with Lucid's VP of operations at the Lucid Holiday Party last night. Here are a few tidbits:
  • Current production is about 70 cars per day
  • Start of general assembly to end of general assembly is less than one day. Add another half day for loading software and quality inspections. Start to ready to ship in under two days
  • They have been batching cars in groups of 200 by exterior color and 100 by interior color. They are trying out batching in groups of 100 exterior color and 50 interior color to see how it works.
  • They can switch between trims at any time but still follow the batch sizes above. There is no change over time from GT to Touring to Pure.
  • They maintain and 8 week assembly plan to batches and trim.
  • Almost all of the touring reservation cars are built.

Congratulations.

I see the pick up location mentioned in the dashboard as

Pickup location: 14820 North Freeway Suite 600 [HOUSTON]

Without any consent, they chose Houston as my pick up point. Interesting to see what appears in your dashboard. I am planning to leave the way it is until I get closer to the delivery date.
I see dashboard too. It shows car is in production. Delivery Location is shown as my home address! I think delivery location will be updated again when car is in prep for delivery phase.

Not necessarily. My understanding is that Pure will be on an entirely different production line.
Yeah I think so too. And it bugs me that they are building pures with metal roofs already but have said that tourings with metal roofs will not be built until Q-something. So my Touring reservation date of Oct 2020 doesn't really count for anything 😒
I had a very interesting conversation with Lucid's VP of operations at the Lucid Holiday Party last night. Here are a few tidbits:
  • Current production is about 70 cars per day
  • Start of general assembly to end of general assembly is less than one day. Add another half day for loading software and quality inspections. Start to ready to ship in under two days
  • They have been batching cars in groups of 200 by exterior color and 100 by interior color. They are trying out batching in groups of 100 exterior color and 50 interior color to see how it works.
  • They can switch between trims at any time but still follow the batch sizes above. There is no change over time from GT to Touring to Pure.
  • They maintain and 8 week assembly plan to batches and trim.
  • Almost all of the touring reservation cars are built.
This is a little confusing unless almost all of the Touring reservation cars have glass, DDP and SSP. I feel like there have to be a decent number of reservations without those options

Wow! Does that include non-fully-specced cars?
I suspect it does not include anything but the fully speced cars. However, I did not push him on the question. I was afraid he would quit feeding me more information if I pressed to hard.

I went by the Millbrae Delivery Center near San Francisco yesterday and the Lot is jammed full of beautiful cars (I would guess over 100 cars), all the colors, wheels, interiors, etc. they all look great! There are so many great color combo's, when I saw them in person side by side it's hard to choose which one I like best, photos dont do these cars justice in the metallic colors they are very beautiful and vibrant in person and very reflective....Lots of buyers coming and going & picking up their cars, the delivery people appear to really spend some quality time with buyers during delivery, and they are all super nice and very helpful. They all look amazing, it looks like production has finally ramped up big time!

I suspect it does not include anything but the fully speced cars. However, I did not push him on the question. I was afraid he would quit feeding me more information if I pressed to hard.
Thanks for the info.
I’ve been told by the Scottsdale studio as recently as Wednesday this week that because of the Mojave interior, I won’t see the car until late Q1 2023. This seems contradictory , doesn’t it? (My order is fully speced)

Thanks for the info.
I’ve been told by the Scottsdale studio as recently as Wednesday this week that because of the Mojave interior, I won’t see the car until late Q1 2023. This seems contradictory , doesn’t it? (My order is fully speced)
It fits with the exterior/interior batch sizes and only doing two interior colors instead of three. I agree it does not fit since Mojave is a popular color and there have to be many people that chose it.

Yeah, I would assume he meant full spec Tourings only.

But it shows how quickly they can churn cars out. So I imagine once they start the non-full spec, it won’t take them long to catch up with the other “batches.”

If they can truly change out trims on one line without delays, they can probably put a dent in Pures and build the remaining Tourings before mid-year.

It’ll be interesting to see what they project for production numbers next year.

So excited for everyone getting VINs and deliveries! Finally seems like the wait is coming to an end. My AT is always late to the party. Dashboard changed like everyone else's, but still says "preparing for production". Tidal ID is assigned, but no VIN yet 🙁. Spoke to my DA yesterday and he says the computer is showing VIN assignment sometime next week. Interesting that there is a projected VIN date available for him to see, but he won't tell me the exact date (for obvious reasons). In the meantime, I will be refreshing my dashboard every 30 seconds hoping it pops there first.

Back