Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

If Regular Tourings are coming in a little slower what do you think of Stealth is that still Q1 stealth touring

If Regular Tourings are coming in a little slower what do you think of Stealth is that still Q1 stealth touring
Im waiting on a stealth touring also (confirmed order 8/10/22), and the reality is no one on here has a clue when production will start so its all speculation so lets just hope!

That’s a good question. It’s been quiet on the production front lately. Hard to tell how many deliveries are happening. Also hard to know if European and Middle Eastern deliveries are going to impact American deliveries of the lower- cost trims. Hopefully we’ll know more after the earnings call. They’ll have to talk about guidance for the year, at least.

[Apologies in advance if I'm missing the answer posted somewhere here, but after some searching, I couldn't find anything.]

IIRC (which I might not be!), since I last set up a build in the configurator for the Air Touring, the "Reserve your Lucid Air" page has been appended with the text "Ready to Deliver" yet everything else about the page indicates this is essentially just an allocation wait list reservation?
Which means that the timeline for actually placing an order for, say, this build:
E3MLXW​
... and then eventually taking delivery is ... a few months? .... many months? ... a matter of nearly baseless speculation?
(The tracker here doesn't seem to be showing any recent deliveries for relatively recent reservations.)

The website also has the text "Now Delivering" but that sounds like now delivering to customers who placed their orders a long time ago, for whom their vehicles are now ready to deliver.
(The inventory page though is of course straightforward, but only Grand Touring vehicles available as of now.)

I don’t think any of us metal heads (hardtop) reservation holders have received a VIN. Delivery weeks after that
My DA contacted me today to say that metal roofs will likely begin production mid March (late Q1), with deliveries beginning in Q2.

What about the rest of the car? ;)
Later in 2024, feels like to me sometimes! I was getting excited about the prospects of Q1 availability until my DA burst my bubble. Oh, well, gives me more time to get some more space in the garage.

We will see ,I am hoping we get our Hard Top's by the end of March, I just sold my 6 series BMW today so I am banking on it now, I think the hard top will look quite sporty. I dont live far from you, and would not be surprised if our cars arrive at the same time in Millbrae.

Took delivery of my car today! Very happy with it.

Car came with 2.0.50. Didn’t set up mobile key. Key fobs work flawlessly so far.

Of note, the delivery SA told me that Tourings (anecdotally) are having far fewer service issues than earlier cars. My only issue is HomeLink doesn’t like my garage door opener.

This SA’s understanding is surround view will remain activated after the DDP trial expires. We will see soon, when the first non-DDP cars start disabling Highway Assist. In any event, my garage is so tight that the surround view becomes distorted and useless.

Separately, tried Highway Assist on the way back from the studio and it worked well, but it wants my hands to remain at 9 and 3 when my natural position is at 6 o’clock on the steering wheel. At that point I’d rather just steer it myself and use regular ACC. So I’ll be passing on DDP regardless.

The website also has the text "Now Delivering" but that sounds like now delivering to customers who placed their orders a long time ago, for whom their vehicles are now ready to deliver.
(The inventory page though is of course straightforward, but only Grand Touring vehicles available as of now.)

Yes this is exactly means, that they have begun delivery of Tourings. You would be making a reservation that would ultimately be converted into an order when production nears.

Took delivery of my car today! Very happy with it.

Car came with 2.0.50. Didn’t set up mobile key. Key fobs work flawlessly so far.

Of note, the delivery SA told me that Tourings (anecdotally) are having far fewer service issues than earlier cars. My only issue is HomeLink doesn’t like my garage door opener.

This SA’s understanding is surround view will remain activated after the DDP trial expires. We will see soon, when the first non-DDP cars start disabling Highway Assist. In any event, my garage is so tight that the surround view becomes distorted and useless.

Separately, tried Highway Assist on the way back from the studio and it worked well, but it wants my hands to remain at 9 and 3 when my natural position is at 6 o’clock on the steering wheel. At that point I’d rather just steer it myself and use regular ACC. So I’ll be passing on DDP regardless.
You don't have to keep your hands at 9/3, just torque the wheel a little. I like to keep my hand at 7.5 and just tug a little every now and then

Yes this is exactly means, that they have begun delivery of Tourings. You would be making a reservation that would ultimately be converted into an order when production nears.
Okay, thanks for the clarification.
And sounds like only limited information (if any) on the anticipated delivery time for orders being placed now?
If it makes any difference, my build would be:
  • 19" wheels/tires.
  • DDP, since my understanding is that DDP is the only way to get a 360-degree camera view and also active lane centering.
  • Only the base sound system (as anything else would be wasted on my NPR & Audible listening habits).
  • Not sure about metal vs glass.
And just to confirm, Air Touring has the ventilated seats, which are not available on the Pure, but Air Touring lacks massaging seats, for which the AGT is necessary?
(Seems like none of that information is available on the Lucid website? I sent a message to Lucid yesterday about that, and received an immediate email from Lucid's Katja Wingo, a HQ Sales Advisor, but didn't address any of my questions, so might have really been an automated response.)

Okay, thanks for the clarification.
And sounds like only limited information (if any) on the anticipated delivery time for orders being placed now?
If it makes any difference, my build would be:
  • 19" wheels/tires.
  • DDP, since my understanding is that DDP is the only way to get a 360-degree camera view and also active lane centering.
  • Only the base sound system (as anything else would be wasted on my NPR & Audible listening habits).
  • Not sure about metal vs glass.
And just to confirm, Air Touring has the ventilated seats, which are not available on the Pure, but Air Touring lacks massaging seats, for which the AGT is necessary?
(Seems like none of that information is available on the Lucid website? I sent a message to Lucid yesterday about that, and received an immediate email from Lucid's Katja Wingo, a HQ Sales Advisor, but didn't address any of my questions, so might have really been an automated response.)
You are correct on all counts. Massage only available on GT. Pure does not have ventilated seats.

Also, Touring has soft-close doors, auto-open-and-close frunk, and sun shades, which the Pure does not.

The glass roof would likely be delivered before a metal roof. Otherwise, with your config, it would depend slightly on the exterior and interior color you choose. (They batch by color at about 200 at a time, but no one knows what order the colors will come in. At this point, they have done runs of just about every color combo, though, so I doubt this would change your delivery time by more than a few weeks.)

They have delivered non surreal sound pro cars, so I don't think that will hold up your order much, either. The car will ship with the hardware and a free trial for three months, regardless.
I am still of the opinion that Lucid will be all caught up on Touring orders by mid-year. So a new Touring order would likely not take that long if you ordered today. Glass roof would likely be quicker, but only by a few months.

^ Much appreciated, good to hear that, thanks!

I do like the massaging seats on my current vehicle, so foregoing that on a -- let's see here, with destination and document fees -- $123,625 vehicle seems kind of odd.
OTOH, the GT is another $26.1k. Also gets the longer range, which of course is good, but I'm hearing different opinions on how much the 3.1" higher rear seat affects passenger comfort.
(I suppose passengers who aren't very tall could simply compensate for that by sitting on a 3.1" after-market cushion -- perhaps Lucid could even sell a branded cushion of exactly 3.1" thickness!)

No updates at all. I actually asked my DA this AM and no response. I usually have to ask him about things 3 times before i get any response to any question i ask
DA finally called me. Like clockwork it was after 3 emails asking the same question. Unfortunately no updates on Stealth. He said he thinks delivery will be in the 2nd quarter but that was just a guess. He asked if I would be willing to dump the stealth option. I'm not ready to take that leap just yet. I said I'll wait for now.

I'm surprised your DA doesn't know since I've seen stealth version Airs on YouTube in a few customers hands. Does anyone know or think those are just GT Stealth versions?
DA finally called me. Like clockwork it was after 3 emails asking the same question. Unfortunately no updates on Stealth. He said he thinks delivery will be in the 2nd quarter but that was just a guess. He asked if I would be willing to dump the stealth option. I'm not ready to take that leap just yet. I said I'll wait for now.

I'm surprised your DA doesn't know since I've seen stealth version Airs on YouTube in a few customers hands. Does anyone know or think those are just GT Stealth versions?
I don't believe Lucid has even started producing any stealth's yet. You are probably seeing custom wraps done by shops for owners

Howdy y'all,
I am officially in this chat.
So incredibly, hat off to Lucid people, yesterday I asked my DA to upgrade to Touring. This morning sent him the Touring configuration, and now I got a VIN with keeping the original list price.

Here is my configuration:
reservation Nov 10, 2021
finalized Feb, 07 2023, originally date was on the Pure Nov 22, 2022
2023 Lucid Air Touring Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Zenith Red/Santa Cruz
Glass Canopy
20” Aero Lite
DreamDrive Pro
Surreal Sound Pro

Back