Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Just to update my status - talked to my DA today - Russell at the Costa Mesa center. He confirmed all my info and said he was pretty confident in before end of the year delivery. He thought it would probably be in the last two weeks in December. They will provide for getting us to the center (from San Diego) for pickup. Confirmed my financing arrangements and asked to bypass the front plate installation. Good conversation and he promised to keep us updated as events occur. He said that VINs are being assigned “soon”. I also asked him if there was an EA charging station nearby just to ensure that the network recognizes the car before I leave the area. There is one very close to the service center.

Just to update my status - talked to my DA today - Russell at the Costa Mesa center. He confirmed all my info and said he was pretty confident in before end of the year delivery. He thought it would probably be in the last two weeks in December. They will provide for getting us to the center (from San Diego) for pickup. Confirmed my financing arrangements and asked to bypass the front plate installation. Good conversation and he promised to keep us updated as events occur. He said that VINs are being assigned “soon”. I also asked him if there was an EA charging station nearby just to ensure that the network recognizes the car before I leave the area. There is one very close to the service center.
That’s positive news! I’m still waiting on First Contact from a Costa Mesa DA! 🖖

I'm hearing this "last two weeks of December" a lot lately. Just how many cars could Lucid possibly deliver in those two weeks, given one of them includes Christmas?

I too will be taking delivery of my Touring at Costa Mesa. Your idea of doing a connection to an EA as part of the process is EXCELLENT! Thanks for that idea; if that was suggested elsewhere I missed it.

Actually, I was one of them! Just haven't had time to report it back to the tracker thread. It was an awesome delivery experience and so far the car is everything and more than I expected.
Did you get #1? If so, congrats, we met last night 😄

That's ridiculous right. Not fair on people who had high hopes of getting their car delivered in 2023. You don't want them to leave them in limbo.
On the other hand, people with old reservation (let's say 2021) can choose that color and get in the first batch. I still think they would probably batch it
Yeah, but they’ll give up the locked in price so it favors new orders at full price than people who have been patiently waiting.

Actually, I was one of them! Just haven't had time to report it back to the tracker thread. It was an awesome delivery experience and so far the car is everything and more than I expected.
Yay! And congrats!

Thanks! And I'd like to think so. They pulled mine through the door first! Nice to see you on here too.
You were pretty mum about taking delivery. Must've been hard 😁

Guys, I see no completed deliveries of Touring in the tracker. I guess they did not deliver any of them which are tracked here. Hope at least some of you tracked here get your holiday surprise.

Guys, I see no completed deliveries of Touring in the tracker. I guess they did not deliver any of them which are tracked here. Hope at least some of you tracked here get your holiday surprise.
@np1989 took delivery yesterday

Yeah, but they’ll give up the locked in price so it favors new orders at full price than people who have been patiently waiting.
Why would they give up the locked in price?

Haha. It sure was, but worth it.

You can now update the tracker with my dates:

VIN Assigned: 11/8
Delivered: 11/15

*also update the wheel size to 20"
I'm wildly curious.....how did that all go down?

Also, were all 3x Tourings delivered last night Silver? Or were they different colors?

Also, were all 3x Tourings delivered last night Silver? Or were they different colors?
Yes, all three were silver and Santa Cruz interior. There is a video on the Lucid twitter page showing the three silver cars rolling into the event.

Why would they give up the locked in price?
If you want to jump the queue to get the blue it will be classed as an order change. If you’re on the original pricing any changes made will put you into the new price.

Back