Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

Does it have power frunk?
No power frunk.
Also I remember the frunk got stuck when they were trying to show me in the showroom.
Interior looks super nice. I thought I wouldn’t like the cloth on the dash but actually for me it looked nicer than the new leather material in the touring.
Note: I am a touring reservation holder and after seeing both in person I wanted to downgrade to the Pure but no luck.
The Alcantara roof option and the wood on the dash with the cloth inserts makes it feel luxurious. (One of the reasons I went with the touring initially was the cheap cloth material on the roof)
The pure lux feels soft and the interior seemed more durable than the touring especially with tge mojave interior.
One thing was missing from the Pure was the light strip on the roof.

I had a nice talk with Lucid's VP of operations last night at the Lucid Holiday Party. Here are a few of his comments on the Pure:
  • Three Pures have been built and are at the factory quality gate.
  • The first Pure delivery will likely go to a Casa Grande customer sometime next week.
  • He reinforced the comments others have made about the Dec 17 factory event. It was getting too expensive from both a cost and risk of over working employees for the number of deliveries that they could do. I think it really was a business decision, its hard to create buzz this close to the holidays so the event was not worth the money.
I posted some assembly related details in the Touring Delivery tracker.

Thank you for this info.

One more thing, as holidays coming in closer, do you know how many more production day at Lucid assembly is left for December?

Thank you for this info.

One more thing, as holidays coming in closer, do you know how many more production day at Lucid assembly is left for December?
I do not know what Lucid's holiday schedule is other than to try and deliver as many cars as possible.

No power frunk.
Also I remember the frunk got stuck when they were trying to show me in the showroom.
Interior looks super nice. I thought I wouldn’t like the cloth on the dash but actually for me it looked nicer than the new leather material in the touring.
Note: I am a touring reservation holder and after seeing both in person I wanted to downgrade to the Pure but no luck.
The Alcantara roof option and the wood on the dash with the cloth inserts makes it feel luxurious. (One of the reasons I went with the touring initially was the cheap cloth material on the roof)
The pure lux feels soft and the interior seemed more durable than the touring especially with tge mojave interior.
Could you tell us more about the pure? The nappa leather felt very good. how did the purluxe compare, only in terms of feel?

I do not know what Lucid's holiday schedule is other than to try and deliver as many cars as possible.
nothing has ever mention that they are working weekends, so assuming that is true, there are 15 days left in the year; at 70 cars a day, that’s 1,060 from now thru eoy. But if you figure a 28% increase in production from last week when they were doing 50 cars a day, is constant, that eoy number goes up to 1,350.

nothing has ever mention that they are working weekends, so assuming that is true, there are 15 days left in the year; at 70 cars a day, that’s 1,060 from now thru eoy. But if you figure a 28% increase in production from last week when they were doing 50 cars a day, is constant, that eoy number goes up to 1,350.
If so I wonder if 50 are gt and above, 100 pure and the rest touring.

Adnillien said that the VP of the operation mentioned that almost all touring reservations have been built already. So I hope my pure can be ready by eoy!

Adnillien said that the VP of the operation mentioned that almost all touring reservations have been built already. So I hope my pure can be ready by eoy!
Wow. Since they seem to have surplus inventory of gt, that is a lot of Pure!

Yes, but a car coming off the production line on December 31st is not going to get delivered by midnight.

Production is the fast part. Don’t forget there are several days of waiting between the end of production to PDI and then delivery. My car was done production more than two weeks ago, and I still don’t have it.

Not trying to be a downer, but I also don’t want people to get their hopes up, either.

Realistically, they have maybe seven more days of “production” that can realistically be delivered by EOY.

Yes, but a car coming off the production line on December 31st is not going to get delivered by midnight.

Production is the fast part. Don’t forget there are several days of waiting between the end of production to PDI and then delivery. My car was done production more than two weeks ago, and I still don’t have it.

Not trying to be a downer, but I also don’t want people to get their hopes up, either.

Realistically, they have maybe seven more days of “production” that can realistically be delivered by EOY.
100% fair points

I would be shocked if they were still building GT’s for inventory to sit on their lot while customers are waiting to take pures asap which is what they need to hit their targets as a public company, this is critical!

I would be shocked if they were still building GT’s for inventory to sit on their lot while customers are waiting to take pures asap which is what they need to hit their targets as a public company, this is critical!
Lucid has produced more fully loaded Touring's than confirmed orders.

No power frunk.
Thanks for the detailed info!

Maybe the vehicles in the lot are for export? The earning report commitment was how many they would build not ship.
It’s still relevant, if lucid builds 5,000 cars this quarter yes that hits their goal, but it’s all about the numbers, so if they build 5,000 but only deliver 500; that’s only ~$63,000,000 revenue as opposed to ~635,000,000 if they deliver all 5,000. Doesn’t matter if they produce them if they can’t capture revenue on them on the books for shareholders this year.

I believe we have until maybe Friday Dec 16 next week for VIN assignment for chance for EOY delivery. Looking at Touring deliveries, there's about 7-10 day window from VIN assignment to delivery. Add a few extra days delay due to holidays and cramming of EOY deliveries.

Anyone here know actual range for air pure RWD? For some reason my dashboard doesn’t show any updates other than the order info.

Lucid has produced more fully loaded Touring's than confirmed orders.
I thought they had 2 to 3k touring orders vs 4 to 5k gt

Back