Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

I've seen a few owners that had posted about drive train faults or battery faults (or other system failures) that caused their Lucid Air to become immobile, and then go into service or towed into service. Per the postings, this involved 2-weeks or a month or more of car being in service to troubleshoot and in some cases replace the HV battery. I'm awaiting my Pure in a month (or two) and wanted to get feedback from Pure owners here specifically, now that their Pures have been driven and on the road for over 4 months. Wanted to make sure the above reports are mostly on early versions of GTs as software/components got continuously better. My intention is not have an ICE car as a backup if I'm investing in an EV.

Thanks.
Not a Pure owner here, but I've had my AT for over 2 months and have put 1800+ miles on her already. My AT is now my daily drive to work and I haven't experienced any issues. Got a notice from the LUCID app at work that the .68 update is ready to be installed. Will update the system when I get home today.
And I have to say: it's so fun to drive Luci that I will never get tired of <3

I've seen a few owners that had posted about drive train faults or battery faults (or other system failures) that caused their Lucid Air to become immobile, and then go into service or towed into service. Per the postings, this involved 2-weeks or a month or more of car being in service to troubleshoot and in some cases replace the HV battery. I'm awaiting my Pure in a month (or two) and wanted to get feedback from Pure owners here specifically, now that their Pures have been driven and on the road for over 4 months. Wanted to make sure the above reports are mostly on early versions of GTs as software/components got continuously better. My intention is not have an ICE car as a backup if I'm investing in an EV.

Thanks.
I've had my Pure since Dec 2022, it has been my daily driver and only vehicle for the last 5 months, driven over 5k miles. No drive train or motor faults, and no major issues. Hands down still the best driver's car. Most of the gripes I've had were software related, that have been or are being fixed via the OTA updates. Most of the reports are the early models.

I reserved in April 2022. This week I got an email and call from Lucid - my Pure will go into production mid-to-late June, so expect July delivery.
Depending on what options you chose the Lucid site has a few Pures that can be bought right now.

Not any Pures delivered. But I've driven almost 4000 miles in my Touring- no problems at all. The battery issues were confined to a few cars that were delivered early last year. From what I read, the issue has been fixed and the present cars have not had any issues.

I reserved in April 2022. This week I got an email and call from Lucid - my Pure will go into production mid-to-late June, so expect July delivery.
Some have already been delivered. What is your configuration? If you have RWD that would be news. I have RWD with a reservation date of February 2022.

Some have already been delivered. What is your configuration? If you have RWD that would be news. I have RWD with a reservation date of February 2022.
AWD, Cosmos silver paint, non-pro dream drive, non-pro sound, 19" wheels.
I expected they'd put me at the very back of the queue (because low margin) but pleasantly surprised.

AWD, Cosmos silver paint, non-pro dream drive, non-pro sound, 19" wheels.
I expected they'd put me at the very back of the queue (because low margin) but pleasantly surprised.
I am a few weeks ahead of you, probably because of the pro sound?

Those didn’t last long
They must not have updated the inventory page then as I can still see 5. Called my DA and he said they arent honoring old pricing if you want to take one of those. Not sure why. I'm trying to get more info atm.

Those didn’t last long
There are still a couple of Pures you can buy direct from Lucid with new pricing(says 2 wks to deliver). Since Lucid is still slow in reserved Pure deliveries, I'm evaluating a used Touring(glass canopy) from a dealer. Complaints from owners with glass roofs saying it is getting too hot especially over the head, is what is holding me back. If it was a metal roof touring I'd go for it with out concerns. What would be a good price for a used Touring with 500 miles?

They must not have updated the inventory page then as I can still see 5. Called my DA and he said they arent honoring old pricing if you want to take one of those. Not sure why. I'm trying to get more info atm.
I see them now. I may have had the search filter wrong when I checked before.

There are still a couple of Pures you can buy direct from Lucid with new pricing(says 2 wks to deliver). Since Lucid is still slow in reserved Pure deliveries, I'm evaluating a used Touring(glass canopy) from a dealer. Complaints from owners with glass roofs saying it is getting too hot especially over the head, is what is holding me back. If it was a metal roof touring I'd go for it with out concerns. What would be a good price for a used Touring with 500 miles?
I haven't had an issue with my head being hot from the glass roof. It does feel more like an oven when you first get in your car though from my perspective. I'd say go visit that Touring on a sunny day and with the car in the sun and see how it feels for yourself.

I'm surprised they wouldn't honor the legacy pricing. They did when I upgraded to a Touring during their Air credit campaign. Also I would think they'd want those cars to move especially if they're behind in getting Pure's out and someone wants to go up to the next level.

Complaints from owners with glass roofs saying it is getting too hot
I initially had such a concern, but it has so far not been an issue. Driving on hot sunny days, the top glass tint filters the sunlight and you don't feel like you need a hat. It is hot inside the car at first when you get in from leaving it in a sunny location in a parking lot, but that's the same with most cars and trucks I've driven; the AC does seem to cool the car adequately (for me, others in other sunny and hot regions have shared different experiences). A simple thing I do in all my vehicles is to open the windows for a minute to let the hot air out.

I initially had such a concern, but it has so far not been an issue. Driving on hot sunny days, the top glass tint filters the sunlight and you don't feel like you need a hat. It is hot inside the car at first when you get in from leaving it in a sunny location in a parking lot, but that's the same with most cars and trucks I've driven; the AC does seem to cool the car adequately (for me, others in other sunny and hot regions have shared different experiences). A simple thing I do in all my vehicles is to open the windows for a minute to let the hot air out.
I haven’t had that concern in San Diego. I think it was largely mitigated by having my side windows tinted. I have left the roof and windshield alone for now… We will see how it does in the heat of summer.

Is there a way or setting that allows you to roll down all the windows when you unlock the car? I use this feature on my BMW a lot in the summers in LA for the exact reason you described above. It takes about a min for the hot air to vent out through the open windows and for the AC to kick in. If not, this would be a nice feature request for us who live in summer hot zones.

Anyone with a pending order considering an upgrade or downgrade to DreamDrive Premium? I'm considering an upgrade. Mostly for the surround view. Blind spot display will also be nice.

Last edited:
Anyone with a pending order considering an upgrade or downgrade to DreamDrive Premium? I'm considering an upgrade. Mostly for the surround view. Blind spot display will also be nice.
I wish this selection was available when I got my car. I really justed wanted the surround and blind spot view as well.

I considered upgrading but my delivery advisor said that it would extend my delivery timing from Q2 to some time in Q3 so decided not to as it requires hardware installation.

Back