Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

The others who had Pure delivered already, what issues did you find in your car? I was reading the Touring tracker page and people seem to find issues on their cars bit I only found trunk misalignment on mine. Either my car is good or I'm just really bad at spotting issues or maybe both lol
I haven't noticed any tremendous fit and finish issues with my Pure yet, I'm happy with the build quality so far.

But I have been having issues with opening my frunk. It seems when I try to unlock my frunk, the driver's side of the frunk sometimes doesn't fully unlatch, making the frunk unable to open and unable to close. This happened 3/5 times I've tried opening my frunk, with one of the times causing me to get the turtle of doom. It seems that allowing my pure to reset by power cycling, followed by an additional command to unlatch, would allow me to finally manually open and close my frunk again

I haven't noticed any tremendous fit and finish issues with my Pure yet, I'm happy with the build quality so far.

But I have been having issues with opening my frunk. It seems when I try to unlock my frunk, the driver's side of the frunk sometimes doesn't fully unlatch, making the frunk unable to open and unable to close. This happened 3/5 times I've tried opening my frunk, with one of the times causing me to get the turtle of doom. It seems that allowing my pure to reset by power cycling, followed by an additional command to unlatch, would allow me to finally manually open and close my frunk again
Those frunk issues suck; service can fix those, though.

To be clear, it doesn't give you the 'turtle of doom' but it puts you in 'turtle mode' which limits speed/power (presumably so the frunk doesn't fly open at high speeds).

The "doom" you see people refer to is a drivetrain failure or an HV battery failure, which both cause the car to die; these are far more rare, and you may get the 'turtle mode' in otherwise 'normal' circumstances, for example if the frunk is open as you saw. Typically, 'turtle mode' is fixed by a reset.

Not saying it doesn't suck, just clarifying for anyone else reading.

Those frunk issues suck; service can fix those, though.

To be clear, it doesn't give you the 'turtle of doom'
So, perhaps "turtle of suck" rather than "turtle of doom". Well, either of these turtles would suck, actually, but the frunk one is more of an inconvenience.

Seems like no more Pure Deliveries after the 12 on the 30th. When would we expect the next ones?

Seems like no more Pure Deliveries after the 12 on the 30th. When would we expect the next ones?
Maybe they are waiting for feedback of any issues on the first 12 before they crank out more?

Been wondering about this too!
Well, that's just on this forum. Possible others are getting their cars but aren't here with us. But I would expect at least some of the Fathom folk here to be getting updates on their status?

4 forum members out the the first 12 deliveries is pretty good representation

The others who had Pure delivered already, what issues did you find in your car? I was reading the Touring tracker page and people seem to find issues on their cars bit I only found trunk misalignment on mine. Either my car is good or I'm just really bad at spotting issues or maybe both lol
So far i have not observed any issues.I have not tried EA charging yet.

So far i have not observed any issues.I have not tried EA charging yet.
Make sure to install Lucid app first before EA charging to get the free charging. I sometimes have to plug unplug then plug again for it to work. Thats good, looks like production of the Pure has been more solid overall at least on the small sample that we have. I think it's separate line from the GT/Tourings ?

Reactions: DAY
Thats good, looks like production of the Pure has been more solid overall at least on the small sample that we have. I think it's separate line from the GT/Tourings ?
It is all one line. The trims and colors are batched in groups of 200 or 100 for exterior color and then 100 or 50 based on interior color. I think overall the production is getting better so hopefully all of the trims will see improved quality.

Cool. I updated your entry in the tracker.

I may have expected, if you went fully loaded, that they would have invited you by now. If you log into the Lucid web site, do you see any sort of Finalize button by your reservation? Or maybe contact your Sales Associate to see if they should be inviting you by now?
No, I have only saved the fully loaded design, have not ordered it. I'm hesitant to take the plunge. I got my initial order in before the price increase in May, so between that and going from near base model to fully loaded, I'd be looking at an almost $30k higher price tag. I wish I had a better idea of the wait. If it's just a couple months, I can live with that. But I don't really want to wait several months.

No, I have only saved the fully loaded design, have not ordered it. I'm hesitant to take the plunge. I got my initial order in before the price increase in May, so between that and going from near base model to fully loaded, I'd be looking at an almost $30k higher price tag. I wish I had a better idea of the wait. If it's just a couple months, I can live with that. But I don't really want to wait several months.
I wonder as well if they will prioritize the touring over the next several months. If the DA’s are telling people starting March for metal roof Touring why would they prioritize Pure before then?

I wonder as well if they will prioritize the touring over the next several months. If the DA’s are telling people starting March for metal roof Touring why would they prioritize Pure before then?
They may just want to get the Touring orders out the door ASAP. There aren't that many of them. I still think they will be caught up by mid-year at the latest.

But since they can batch different trims at 200 or so units, they could still do a few rounds of Pure in between. Who knows if they will?

Presumably, though, if they delivered any Pures (we know of at least 12) they have about 200 Fathom Blue Pures to deliver to someone at the moment, at least.

On my account, I have the Aug 11 order confirm and then I have my saved designs, but see nowhere to confirm options for an order, am I missing something?

On my account, I have the Aug 11 order confirm and then I have my saved designs, but see nowhere to confirm options for an order, am I missing something?
I think they invited only those who asked for ddp ssp awd Alcantara to finalize.

Joe, just to update the spreadsheet. I have the 19 wheels and AWD

They may just want to get the Touring orders out the door ASAP. There aren't that many of them. I still think they will be caught up by mid-year at the latest.

But since they can batch different trims at 200 or so units, they could still do a few rounds of Pure in between. Who knows if they will?

Presumably, though, if they delivered any Pures (we know of at least 12) they have about 200 Fathom Blue Pures to deliver to someone at the moment, at least.
I spoke with some folks at Lucid HQ during an in person test just a few days ago. Inquired about when I should expect to hear from my DA to confirm order (I have a Jan '21 reservation). They of course said it's uncertain. But a couple of pieces info that I thought was helpful was:

1) Like Joec said, they will be trying to get those Touring orders confirmed and produced first but there's far fewer Touring reservations than Pure so the expectation is to go full speed production on Pure by mid 2023

2) They will be inviting people based on date of reservation to confirm design and order Pure starting at the beginning of 2023 but just in smaller batches until most of the Tourings are out the door. They said a few batch of people would be invited on a bi-weekly basis (i.e., every two weeks they would invite a new batch)

These are just unofficial notes I got so take with however large grain of salt you deem necessary. Overall it makes logical sense from the company's perspective.

Back